Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The items sitting in an NPC's inventory are actually sitting out in the world in his shop. If you buy something from him, he walks over to get it for you.

This is the kind of thing that sounds good in developer meetings but is actually quite annoying when playing the game. There's such a thing as too much realism.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    There is no standard approach, if a new tech comes along during development that just would make a game better then it is just stupid not to implement it, game development has no set standard, there is a great deal of flexability in game development or things just wont work.

So yes you are wrong.
    No, there is a standard approach. New technology comes out all the time. You cannot "just keep implementing it" nonstop, you have to lock in feature set, then new stuff can be delivered after the release. Welcome to basic product management.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

This cartoon is an oldy that I first saw many years ago when I bought some SC ships with real money, that are still waiting for the game to be playable. I just came across it again and find it even funnier now

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    No, there is a standard approach. New technology comes out all the time. You cannot "just keep implementing it" nonstop, you have to lock in feature set, then new stuff can be delivered after the release. Welcome to basic product management.
    There is no standard approach, you do realise most of the tech to make star citizen work doesnt exist so they have to make it from scratch and dont even know 100% if it will work in the end the way they want it to, every single project is managed differently because no project if ever the same as another and requires different priorities.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

There is no standard approach, you do realise most of the tech to make star citizen work doesnt exist so they have to make it from scratch and dont even know 100% if it will work in the end the way they want it to, every single project is managed differently because no project if ever the same as another and requires different priorities.
    Someone shoot me, please. Everything you said has been refuted multiple times in this thread. Guess you are just that stubborn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Someone shoot me, please. Everything you said has been refuted multiple times in this thread. Guess you are just that stubborn.
    Chris Roberts himself could come to the thread and explain everything that went wrong and I'm sure it'd all be interpreted as devs being transparent and taking their time to create the best game ever made.

You have yet to prove me wrong about anything, it just goes to show you have no clue what you are talking about, there is no standard approach for developing a completely new MMO with new systems that were not even available when the game first was even thought of, game development is an evolving process and many things change, including implementing new tech, its impossible to plan everything for the development of a game and if the CEO wants to implement something to make the game better its thier choice.

You have yet to prove me wrong about anything, it just goes to show you have no clue what you are talking about, there is no standard approach for developing a completely new MMO with new systems that were not even available when the game first was even thought of, game development is an evolving process and many things change, including implementing new tech, its impossible to plan everything for the development of a game and if the CEO wants to implement something to make the game better its thier choice.
    You can't exactly prove a negative, and all you're stating is a zero sum statement. You think that quality product has to come at the cost of time and research, while openly regarding that they dont even know 100% if it will work in the end. If you're looking for proof that your statement is wrong, it's already been proven by all the companies that are developing games in shorter periods of time using superior tech and yielding complete, quality results.

If you're talking about Star Citizen alone in a bubble and saying that it has to take time and research because no other game has done what it aims to achieve, then you're also unable to prove that the current development process is the best way to approach it rather than an alternative like making the damn game playable first, and expanding and iterating on it afterwards. You openly admit that no one knows if this will even work in the end. You've disproven your own argument.

I mean, do you think Squadron 42 was a good idea to develop when the core game hasn't been completed either. That it was a good idea to split development time and resources on a completely separate campaign? It could have been used directly on Star Citizen and gotten things progressed more smoothly too, don't you think? Yet I don't see you considering this alternative at all.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-10-13 at 05:05 PM.

Awesome, more concept art, that's exactly what the game needed right now. Must be the concept-ys of concepts.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2021-10-13 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    You can't exactly prove a negative, and all you're stating is a zero sum statement. You think that quality product has to come at the cost of time and research, while openly regarding that they dont even know 100% if it will work in the end. If you're looking for proof that your statement is wrong, it's already been proven by all the companies that are developing games in shorter periods of time using superior tech and yielding complete, quality results.

If you're talking about Star Citizen alone in a bubble and saying that it has to take time and research because no other game has done what it aims to achieve, then you're also unable to prove that the current development process is the best way to approach it rather than an alternative like making the damn game playable first, and expanding and iterating on it afterwards. You openly admit that no one knows if this will even work in the end. You've disproven your own argument.

I mean, do you think Squadron 42 was a good idea to develop when the core game hasn't been completed either. That it was a good idea to split development time and resources on a completely separate campaign? It could have been used directly on Star Citizen and gotten things progressed more smoothly too, don't you think? Yet I don't see you considering this alternative at all.
    My statement is not proven wrong, many companies can still spend 9 years developing a game and still have issues for several months so i would hardly call them complete quality results, any games released in less time are substantially smaller than what Star Citizen is, even a WoW expansion barely adds anything to the game.

SQ42 is the origional game being made, it later became 2 games, an MMO and single player campaign and SQ42 is what we will see first, all the gameplay works for both the campaign and MMO so there is nothing wasted for development.

My statement is not proven wrong
    It can't be proven right either, meaning you're absolutely spouting pointless nonsense.

There's no point to drawing the focus of the discussion to proving you wrong when you're unable to prove anything at all. You're making blanket statements about things that haven't happened yet.

I could say Star Citizen devs could go bankrupt in 3 years time, and you couldn't prove me wrong either. Do you think being unable to be proved wrong somehow makes the argument more valid?

I'm calling you out on your bullshit statements, not seeking out to prove you right or wrong since nothing you've stated could actually be proven anyways. You make blatant claims about how Star Citizen is being developed without any inside knowledge to confirm any of your claims, and the validity of it is all pointless anyways since everything you state is based on vague generalizations like 'It takes a lot of time to do things' and 'They're doing stuff no other company has ever tried before'. Well no shit, and that's exactly why everyone is questioning their methods, because they're taking a long time to do something no one has tried before and they're ignoring every standard procedure that ensures an actual product can and will be delivered.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-10-13 at 10:23 PM.

You have yet to prove me wrong about anything, it just goes to show you have no clue what you are talking about
    What’s the point of proving you anything when you’ll just move goalposts, or simply bury your head in the sand and ignore it? Hell, last time you said something among those lines to someone else, and I quote: “I have yet to be proven that anything I have said is even remotely classed as BS”, you ended up with a gigantic list of quotes, proving yourself to be full of shit, that you still refuse to address to this day.

- Say some ridiculously dumb shit.
    - Refuse to back it up with any sort of evidence.
    - Call people clueless and tell them they are full of shit.
    - Demand them to prove you wrong.
    - If they do, ignore it and repeat all over.

100% legit how-to-win Internet discussions, infraction free guarantee!

Former UK Star Citizen player outlines the steps he took to get a refund from CIG

The primary way to make this work is to ask for a refund due to CIG’s inability to deliver “something significant […] according to their publicly stated release dates, [a product] delivered to a poor quality, or both,” such as a working Persistent Universe or a release of Squadron 42, which is covered in the UK’s Consumer Rights Act 2015, Chapter 3 Digital Content, Section 34-40.
    - https://massivelyop.com/2021/10/13/f...fund-from-cig/

...hmm.
    Last edited by notaltacc; 2021-10-14 at 01:46 PM.

Scam Citizen finally exposed. Yep it's a scam as proven below but the real deal is coming soon thankfully. https://staratlas.com/

Last edited by matt4pack; 2021-10-30 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Scam Citizen finally exposed. Yep it's a scam as proven below but the real deal is coming soon thankfully. https://staratlas.com/
    I don't understand what this is that you linked. Presumably you were trying to show a competitor game? It shows a CGI trailer. I don't see any game trailer or screenshots. Browsing through the website, I'm getting the impression that it's another browser facebook game like O-Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I don't understand what this is that you linked. Presumably you were trying to show a competitor game? It shows a CGI trailer. I don't see any game trailer or screenshots. Browsing through the website, I'm getting the impression that it's another browser facebook game like O-Game.
    From what I can gather it's a "blockchain game" and somehow related to cryptocurrency? So doesn't sound much better than Star Citizen personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    From what I can gather it's a "blockchain game" and somehow related to cryptocurrency? So doesn't sound much better than Star Citizen personally.
    So, a guy shitting on a scam to advertise a scam while sharing a video of a guy sarcastically calling the scam a scam? Jfc.

10+ Year Old Account
    how long till the helmet is obtainable ingame?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    how long till the helmet is obtainable ingame?
    Which helmet?

10+ Year Old Account
    the halloween one obtained from visiting jumptown. the paid helmet and ship skins availability just ended, is it the same with that one too?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    the halloween one obtained from visiting jumptown. the paid helmet and ship skins availability just ended, is it the same with that one too?
    The event was said to run through the end of October so I don't think you can get it right now, but it doesn't hurt to try. IIRC they added a QT point to Jumptown so it just takes 15 minutes to try and find out nowadays. The helmet might also come back again next year.