Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    We have a playable game, its not perfect but its still better than all the other games similar, thats why it gets more money, because they are proving over and over again they can give the players what they want, when an alpha is better than most released games they are doing something right.
    It's, at best, playable alpha. Full of bugs, crashes, wipes, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

SC offers better gameplay in all its current areas better than any game available, ED does not have entertaining gameplay or i would be playing it, ED is just a complete let down for a space game and doesnt do anything better than SC, what are you on about bigger battles in ED, i dont count the battleship battle much of anything for 2 static ships not doing very much a battle, SC battles are way more dynamic and larger.
    Thats is ONLY your opinion. It is not a fact.

SC offers better gameplay in all its current areas better than any game available, ED does not have entertaining gameplay or i would be playing it, ED is just a complete let down for a space game and doesnt do anything better than SC, what are you on about bigger battles in ED. SC battles are way more dynamic and larger.
    Fact/Opinion
    *SC offers better gameplay in all its current areas better than any game avaiable (Hahahah yeah fucking okay!)
    *ED does not have entertaining gameplay (For YOU)
    *ED is just a complete let down for a space game (50 player cap server crashing buggy SC isnt't?)
    *ED doesn't do anything better than SC (Opinion yet again)
    *SC battles are way more dynamic and larger (Larger in what way, 50 player server cap much?)

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    It's, at best, playable alpha. Full of bugs, crashes, wipes, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats is ONLY your opinion. It is not a fact.
    I have played during the event in the latest patch for several hours at a time, not one single crash, no issues playing the game at all, seems you have not played the game yourself at all, im also playing on a 7 year old PC and performance is still reasonable. Dont claim something when you have not even tested it yourself. It may have the occasional crash and thats only because the official server system is not implemented.

Not claiming SC to be perfect, just its better than all the other options.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-12-21 at 01:31 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I have played during the event in the latest patch for several hours at a time, not one single crash, no issues playing the game at all, seems you have not played the game yourself at all
    Forgive people for not taking things you say at face value.

- - - Updated - - -

im also playing on a 7 year old PC and performance is still reasonable.
    Plenty of doubt right here.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont claim something when you have not even tested it yourself.
    The irony is palpable.

- - - Updated - - -

It may have the occasional crash
    Which is it? No issues playing the game at all or it has crashes? It cannot be both brah.

- - - Updated - - -

and thats only because the official server system is not implemented.
    Which may or may not ever BE implemented. What matters is what is in the game right now. 50 player server cap, crashes and bugs galore.

- - - Updated - - -

SC offers better gameplay in all its current areas better than any game available
    ED is just a complete let down for a space game and doesnt do anything better than SC
    We have a playable game, its not perfect but its still better than all the other games similar
    because they are proving over and over again they can give the players what they want, when an alpha is better than most released games they are doing something right.
    I think you get the idea.

I have played during the event in the latest patch for several hours at a time, not one single crash, no issues playing the game at all, seems you have not played the game yourself at all, im also playing on a 7 year old PC and performance is still reasonable. Dont claim something when you have not even tested it yourself. It may have the occasional crash and thats only because the official server system is not implemented.

"There is no hunger in the world because here and now i eat a sandwich"

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Cause people love having something to hate, even if said hate is irrational.
    Because it is a scam. An elaborate one, maybe unintentional one, but still a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Because it is a scam. An elaborate one, maybe unintentional one, but still a scam.
    There is no such thing as an "unintentional scam". It is like saying "accidental murder".
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

an unintentional scam is simply incompetence. Which probably describes the SC development rather accurately.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    3.16 is already out? didnt 3.15 release not long time ago? like a month or two?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    3.16 is already out? didnt 3.15 release not long time ago? like a month or two?
    3.16 is not out yet. This year, RSI has finally wizened up and decided to stop rushing out bug riddled patches for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    There is no such thing as an "unintentional scam". It is like saying "accidental murder".
    Perhaps a poor choice of words. What I meant was that it didn't start out that way, but the more the scope expanded and the less the devs have delivered it has definitely morphed into one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    3.16 is not out yet. This year, RSI has finally wizened up and decided to stop rushing out bug riddled patches for Christmas.
    anyway, do u think CiG will get into the NFT business? it seems to be booming right now
    Last edited by Proskill; 2021-12-29 at 08:03 PM.
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Its up to the company with what information they want to share or not, they dont need to say what levels are complete or not because it doesnt really matter, all that matters is the final product when its ready.

They promised updates on SQ42 and they do that monthly, they have fulfilled all the promises they have made, they stated no specific information on SQ42 will be shared and they have done that also, a quarterly devsteam was never a guarantee or a promise.

CR stated we would only get minimal information on SQ42, they have not promised to give more than that.
    C'mon. We all know the only reason they won't show anything is because there is just plain nothing to show. They've disappointed their backers for years on end and would do anything to salvage this wreck, if they hadn't done goofed royally.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    C'mon. We all know the only reason they won't show anything is because there is just plain nothing to show. They've disappointed their backers for years on end and would do anything to salvage this wreck, if they hadn't done goofed royally.
    Worst part is they don't have to show anything. People still keep tossing money at them. Eventually it'll dry up, but not for a while yet. So why do they have any reason to release anything besides more ship jpegs people can buy.

but they officialy posted the video on YT.
    Really? On live?

EDIT: double checked. Apparently it is so.

anyway, do u think CiG will get into the NFT business? it seems to be booming right now
    It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Then they could sell the 1st ship off the line, which will eventually lead to someone getting the last ship off the line.

TBH, I'm surprised they haven't started selling yearly models for each ship; eg: the 2950 Origin 300i, 2951 Origin 300i. Perhaps having certain models become discontinued, or even have a manufacturer go out of business, and thus artificially increasing the price of many ships.

10+ Year Old Account
    a really great example of recently added in-game systems leading to more organic combined arms gameplay.

i think that there are still some iterations that i would like to see like adding manned/remote laser/missile turrets, that can include hacking gameplay to take control of them and have them get disabled instead of being destroyed, requiring repair to regain use of them. this will help to equalize ground combat versus aerial supremacy, but still provide opportunity costs for ground forces in order to benefit from the turrets.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    a really great example of recently added in-game systems leading to more organic combined arms gameplay.

i think that there are still some iterations that i would like to see like adding manned/remote laser/missile turrets, that can include hacking gameplay to take control of them and have them get disabled instead of being destroyed, requiring repair to regain use of them. this will help to equalize ground combat versus aerial supremacy, but still provide opportunity costs for ground forces in order to benefit from the turrets.
    Yeeeeeeeeeessssssssss

Moar system! MOAR!

The community can handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    So the people that wanted massive ship battles with hundreds if not thousands of players fighting at once got what they wanted?
    The people that wanted a complete released game won?
    The people who have been waiting for this single player campaign won?

I mean I could go on but what is the point. You think them raking in money is winning. You should want a released game to play so you could point to something worth playing for people to jump on and play. The game isn't close to done, it cannot host more than 50 people, it does not have a single player campaign. Winning indeed.
    Their winning because a game with those features is being developed. And since there's no other game providing that kind of gameplay or other company attempting it (at least that we know off) it's only normal that funding keeps increasing as more players enjoy what the game offers now and what it's thriving for.

Imo it's worthy for the truck simulator in space experience alone.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Their winning because a game with those features is being developed. And since there's no other game providing that kind of gameplay or other company attempting it (at least that we know off) it's only normal that funding keeps increasing as more players enjoy what the game offers now and what it's thriving for.
    There is a reason. It's called "feature creep". Everyone dreams big, but plans > dreams.