Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Really? On live?

EDIT: double checked. Apparently it is so.
    While 3.16 is technically on live, the majority of the features for 3.16 are not; I think only 3 of the 18 features made it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    anyway, do u think CiG will get into the NFT business? it seems to be booming right now
    https://youtu.be/uGYMZtEcHwQ
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Honestly all the hate this game gets from some people I think is having the opposite effect of what they want. They are just giving it free publicity so then people like myself who hear about it figure they will at least try it out during a free fly to see what all the fuss is about. Many are instead actually blown away with the experience and then realize most of the hate is just FUD.

The 48 hr Jumptown 2.0 was one of the coolest experiences I've had in gaming even with my measly starter ship where people were either cooperating or fighting over control with attacks and atmo ship battles. Even got blown up by an a2 dropping a moab.
    Last edited by matt4pack; 2021-12-31 at 11:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Honestly all the hate this game gets from some people I think is having the opposite effect of what they want. They are just giving it free publicity so then people like myself who hear about it figure they will at least try it out during a free fly to see what all the fuss is about. Many are instead actually blown away with the experience and then realize most of the hate is just FUD.

The 48 hr Jumptown 2.0 was one of the coolest experiences I've had in gaming even with my measly starter ship where people were either cooperating or fighting over control with attacks and atmo ship battles. Even got blown up by an a2 dropping a moab.
    welcome to The 'Verse O7. glad you are enjoying 3.16, don't forget to also check out the other event happening called Ninetails Lockdown, where you can choose to either fight for or against the Ninetails criminal gang, but you can only choose to be on their side if you are already have a crime stat, but it's the best way to guarantee pvp, if that is your thing.

i saw this Machinima and the premise made me laugh, thought that some of you here might enjoy it too.

"Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

What will happen first: Star Citizen releases, or SpaceX lands starship on the Moon?
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    What will happen first: Star Citizen releases, or SpaceX lands starship on the Moon?
    Define "release". Will there be a "release"? Perhaps. Will it fulfill the promises made back in 2012? Almost certainly not.

Well, we're 10 months away from the 10th anniversary of the Kickstarter. What's another decade at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Well, we're 10 months away from the 10th anniversary of the Kickstarter. What's another decade at this point?
    Oh darn it, so much for my big brain attempt, well played, well played ;D

I'm not sure if another decade will be enough though:

Ahahahaha!

Happy new year y'all! Keep lightning up the skies citizens!

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    Star Citizen will ship its first real alpha build by the time we are colonizing Mars.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Star Citizen will ship its first real alpha build by the time we are colonizing Mars.
    It hits extra strong when you realize that it might be more feasible to go to space before playing the actual Star Citizen.

If only we could actually play Star Citizen while we wait until it's feasible to go to space...

It would make the wait so much easier.
    Like the mighty bounty hunter Greasy Khalesy would say, it's all in the mindset.

Having convinced yourself that playing basically what amounts as a prototype slice of a game does not mean you're playing actual game in reality. So in essence you're correct at least this once, it's all in the mindset.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Having convinced yourself that playing basically what amounts as a prototype slice of a game does not mean you're playing actual game in reality. So in essence you're correct at least this once, it's all in the mindset.
    Its a game you can get hundreds or thousands of hours of gameplay out of it, doesnt matter if the game is not complete its still worthy of being a game by itself, but all you want to do is talk shit about it every chance you get. Simple fact is the alpha is better than many fully released games.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    such tortured logic. playing a slice of the game is still playing the game, how is this so hard to acknowledge? the Stanton system that we can play-test right now, is the same Stanton system that will be there at release, though much more fleshed out at that point, so how can you even come to the conclusion that you are not play-testing the game? let's try and argue on the merits and not make up scenarios that do not exist in order to try and push a particular narrative.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

You log in, you play and you have your fun. Just like when you play Fortnite, Minecraft, Valhein, Mount&Blade, Odyssey, Cyberpunk and all the other early access games that get released to the public.

The defense triplet work like a clockwork. (Unlike the prototype of a game)

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    such tortured logic. playing a slice of the game is still playing the game, how is this so hard to acknowledge?
    it's like watching a movie trailer and saying it's the same thing as watching the actual movie. you can get hours of enjoyment out of a 2 min trailer! and how many trailers contain shots that get cut in the final movie?

the Stanton system that we can play-test right now, is the same Stanton system that will be there at release, though much more fleshed out at that point, so how can you even come to the conclusion that you are not play-testing the game? let's try and argue on the merits and not make up scenarios that do not exist in order to try and push a particular narrative.
    at what point does "more fleshed out" turn into "something completely different with the same name"? how many years before it's "fixing outdated systems/content" instead of "fleshing out"?

surely star citizen is creeping up on the record for longest unreleased game in active development by now?

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Simple fact is the alpha is better than many fully released games.
    Simple opinion you mean.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its a game you can get hundreds or thousands of hours of gameplay out of it
    Like so are many simple games like Tetris. What does this mean exactly? Just because you can get hundreds to thousands of hours of 'gameplay' out of it does not mean others can.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The defense triplet work like a clockwork. (Unlike the prototype of a game)
    Is this you admitting you only posted that to get a reaction from people?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.