Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You dont have any idea of what star citizens tool is capable of so all you are doing is showing a clear lack of knowledge on the subject, CiGs tool has been shown to be superior to the coherant labs tool, you are unable to prove which one is superior.
    You are literally comparing school football team to world champions. Having control over singular pixel means that you can technically do anything. Technically.

In practice to get even half of CSS capabilities it would require multiple years of development from multiple multi bilion dollar companies (yes, one company wouldn't be enough). And you would still be left behind year after.

You are in no position to even think about "lack of knowledge" since you don't even understand the screenshot let alone understand what CSS is capable of.

ONE glance on this screenshot is enough to determine is not even in same league as css:

Last edited by kaminaris; 2022-05-18 at 06:53 PM.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Knew very little about this game outside the general infamy, found this video very informative:

Gotta admit from what is shown of the game it does actually look cool but I'm firmly against any kind of early access. I prefer to wait for a full release before giving a game any of my time.
    Honestly, this was a REALLY good video. Seems fairly neutral overall and tries to cover all points of view with some nuance to it. Definitely helped me better frame where the hardcore fans are coming from in terms of the "vision itself" being the goal.

But hilarious that the kinds of promises made date back to Roberts older projects, and fuckin Derek Smart before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    So that's a no. You can't actually provide proof on how it's superior at all and you're talking out of your ass. All you have is your feelings.
    Its already proven with whats available in the games that use each tool so dont need to prove anything its already there for anyone to see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You are literally comparing school football team to world champions. Having control over singular pixel means that you can technically do anything. Technically.

In practice to get even half of CSS capabilities it would require multiple years of development from multiple multi bilion dollar companies (yes, one company wouldn't be enough). And you would still be left behind year after.

You are in no position to even think about "lack of knowledge" since you don't even understand the screenshot let alone understand what CSS is capable of.

ONE glance on this screenshot is enough to determine is not even in same league as css:
    Your own opinion on the matter is not proof of something being better, CiG made their own tool for a reason because there was not a tool that could do the job and that includes the tool you seem to love, there are not many games actually use it so why would a so called superior tool not be used by more companies, the answer is its not superior and you are just talking complete nonsense.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

there was not a tool that could do the job and that includes the tool you seem to love
    Could you source this claim, please?

Its already proven with whats available in the games that use each tool so dont need to prove anything its already there for anyone to see.

- - - Updated - - -

Your own opinion on the matter is not proof of something being better, CiG made their own tool for a reason because there was not a tool that could do the job and that includes the tool you seem to love, there are not many games actually use it so why would a so called superior tool not be used by more companies, the answer is its not superior and you are just talking complete nonsense.
    Its not opinion, its a fact. You are literally comparing toy to real thing. Anyone with two working eyes can tell that 20cm toy car is not the same as full sized car.

and funny thing is:
    why would a so called superior tool not be used by more companies
    It is used by many companies, first of all, every webpage is html&css
    then you have apps like whatsapp, discord, visual studio code all written in html&css
    built in BrowserComponent in unreal
    coherent labs for games
    CEF that is widely used for plenty of project
    ionic and other webview apps for mobile platforms

You have zero idea how popular it is. Zero.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Chris Roberts posted a Letter from the Chairman today. Lots of good information about the current state of the game and where it's going in the future.
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...m-The-Chairman

Also this video was on the front page of reddit yesterday. Figured I'd share it to show some cool looking gameplay.
    https://gfycat.com/graciousmintygrasshopper

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    Chris Roberts posted a Letter from the Chairman today. Lots of good information about the current state of the game and where it's going in the future.
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...m-The-Chairman

Also this video was on the front page of reddit yesterday. Figured I'd share it to show some cool looking gameplay.
    https://gfycat.com/graciousmintygrasshopper
    Long post, I'll read later.

But why did he include a roadmap image if folks here repeatedly tell us that the roadmap doesn't matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Long post, I'll read later.

But why did he include a roadmap image if folks here repeatedly tell us that the roadmap doesn't matter?
    If you're talking about that chart its the roadmap of the technology stack they've been working on. Not gameplay features.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Are you saying an interface made to make it easier to edit a system means the system is worse?
    Accessibility makes systems worse?

Okay then.

You cant judge a car's performance by its paintjob.

If you're talking about that chart its the roadmap of the technology stack they've been working on. Not gameplay features.
    And future projections, that we've been told by folks here we shouldn't believe.

3.18 and persistent streaming? Server mesh preview?

At least they put the Server Mesh MVP release in "future" rather than in a certain year, because they know they can't project that out with any confidence at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And future projections, that we've been told by folks here we shouldn't believe.

3.18 and persistent streaming? Server mesh preview?

At least they put the Server Mesh MVP release in "future" rather than in a certain year, because they know they can't project that out with any confidence at this point.
    Its progress, maybe at not the speed everyone expects but at lease we might see server meshing on the test realms by the end of the year if all goes well. Time will tell.

You're all a sad joke lmao, SC will be fine and what i decide is fine always ends up as such, ya'll can cope with your joke hate but if you can't appreciate what SC is doing then you're nothing but fake gamers that never truly understood gaming.

Its progress, maybe at not the speed everyone expects but at lease we might see server meshing on the test realms by the end of the year if all goes well. Time will tell.
    I'd call that very optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I'd call that very optimistic.
    Call me a half full kind of guy. Pessimism is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Is this missing the /s or...?

- - - Updated - - -

Show me some SQ42, Chris! I just wanna see even 60 seconds of gameplay, I don't need it to be uber polished, just gimme. I'm tired of waiting through missed dates.
    Honestly, I don't think we will see SQ42 until they are 95% sure they know the release date. They can't afford another announcement and then delay. Though if they did give us something, I'd love a demo of that mission they showed years ago. That way we could see everything that's changed side by side.

Honestly, I don't think we will see SQ42 until they are 95% sure they know the release date. They can't afford another announcement and then delay. Though if they did give us something, I'd love a demo of that mission they showed years ago. That way we could see everything that's changed side by side.
    They can't.
    Because that mission never existed lol
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Roberts
    I have been working with the Squadron 42 team side-by-side in the office as we focus on finishing and polishing the content and features of what will be an epic narrative adventure.
    I'll believe it when we see it. What happened to those quarterly SQ42 dev streams?

With Invictus Launch Week, we opened the doors of the Javelin for the first time to let people take a walking tour of the mighty UEE destroyer
    And yet people still can't fly the $3,000 Javelins they bought.

Do you want to prove your abilities as a fearsome combat pilot? The game has that for you
    What? Dueling against stupid bots is no fun, and you hardly get a chance to dogfight against other players.

equally if you just want to quietly mine minerals and make your fortune
    Grinding for hours on end for pennies sure is fun.

or hang out in Landing Zones
    And do what? Watch the NPCs walk in circles? The servers are capped at 50 players. You don't stumble upon players "hanging out" in cities or parties.

find a corner of the galaxy that no one else has found
    Standing in the middle of a barren desert isn't very interesting, and there are very few unique landmarks in the Stanton system.

To do this right, at the scale that will allow millions of people to play together
    Didn't you guys literally just admit last year that the server tech isn't working out the way you had hoped and that the servers might never have more than 50 players?

With this tech in place, Server Meshing becomes possible
    What happened to that "working prototype" of server meshing you claimed to have way back in Spring 2019? Was that bullocks?

Our current goal is to introduce Server Meshing and 4.0 as an early technical preview to Evocati testers in PTU at the end of Q4 this year

We are aiming for the end of Q1 2023

Server Meshing this year, as we put them into test in 3.18 and 4.0 in PTU during the summer and winter, respectively.
    So server meshing is right around the corner. Right... just like the Dune worms, and the Microtech infiltration mission, and Pyro were right around the corner when you announced them at Citizencon...

Players who are not steeped in our development process will still enjoy and experience rapid content releases every quarter
    "Content", as in new ships to buy?

Because of this, combined with the huge amount of work the company is trying to deliver this year, not to mention moving 70% of the company into two new offices, we have decided not to hold a physical CitizenCon this year.
    I wonder how much of this is motivated by trying to avoid the uncomfortable questions that popped up over the last Citizencons.

One difference to last year is that there will be no keynote gameplay demo to headline this event as this would pull valuable resources away from our game development teams

we are still going to be quiet on Squadron 42 until it is time to start the release campaign.
    "We're not going to show you, but we are working on the game guys! We're making progress! Trust us!"

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know. That was 6,700 words to say... not much at all. Feels like more empty promises from a dev with a long, long, long history of broken promises.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I don't know. That was 6,700 words to say... not much at all. Feels like more empty promises from a dev with a long, long, long history of broken promises.
    He's selling the vision, not the product. And it's an effective strategy, it works.

You have not used thier tool and know nothing about it so dont pretend you know what you are talking about. Unless you work for CiG and use thier building blocks tool you are ignorant to what is better or not. If there was a better tool CiG would use it, there is more advantages to building your own tool and thier building block tool does a ton more than just UI.

The tool you suggested didnt even start development until around 2018 and its still getting worked on, CiG made thier own tool in a similar timeframe that does a hell of alot more than some UI elements.

Star Citizen requires tools that didnt exist yet and those tools have to be made first before everything is going to work, the game isnt taking too long to be developed, its taking as much time as it has to. CiG needs to make many tools anyway for many aspects of the game, adding in a UI function to developing tools is the best option.
    The coherant gameface tool is the current tool, it didnt start being that tool until the end of 2018 so everything before it is just work to actually start creating it, so you are yet to correct anyone and you are the one talking rubbish. Not many companies will want to use an indevelopment tool when they can just make thier own that will actually do what they want.

All you have done is embarrass yourself, i have seen what each tool can do and the building blocks tool is far superior in what its able to do especially for the game its designed for.

So CiG have made a superior tool in far less time than a company actually dedicated to making a tool.
    The double-think is overflowing out of you as per usual. Unless you want to tell us you work on Star Citizen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Are you not aware that they've used Cryengine and heavily modified it into a completely new engine by now that they internally called Star Engine?
    Yeah, and I play a heavily modified version of WoW but that does not make it a new game.