Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Miothan View Post

I have been playing ever since Beta, and never have any daily quest zone been like this. And i did daily quests ever since they were available in TBC.
    Ogri'la. That is all.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 02:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Seriously? ALL mounts requires exalted to be able to purchase (except your race specific ones).
    Yes, but all Cloud Serpents require Cloud Serpent Flying, which requires Exalted with the Order of the Cloud Serpent. So, the mount you buy at Exalted with Shado-pan, first requires you to be Exalted with the Order.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Tears and more Tears. If you don;t want to do the Dailies, just don't. If the rewards aren't enough to entice you, do something else. I can beat the brains out of beasts until I can;t see straight, and that is a good thing. Adapt and Overcome. Crying in public is only gonna get you ridiculed.

It's a funny thing. Blizz tries to listen to their customers. "Give us more to do", we get more to do. Customers cry, "I can't do it all in a Week, I'm quitting". Ridiculous is exactly the word for it. Crying like spoiled children over the path to riches is a pure, unadulterated Entitlement Issue. Do the stuff, get the stuff. Enough said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BoysBoysBoys View Post
    Finish Tillers Klaxxi and Golden Lotus, then do them.

I don't see how you aren't exalted with Serpents though.
    Some of us didn't get the free dragon when eggs spawned all the time. No people who took their time leveling get screwed, while people that rushed got a free dragon.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Uricidea View Post
    Tears and more Tears. If you don;t want to do the Dailies, just don't. If the rewards aren't enough to entice you, do something else. I can beat the brains out of beasts until I can;t see straight, and that is a good thing. Adapt and Overcome. Crying in public is only gonna get you ridiculed.

It's a funny thing. Blizz tries to listen to their customers. "Give us more to do", we get more to do. Customers cry, "I can't do it all in a Week, I'm quitting". Ridiculous is exactly the word for it. Crying like spoiled children over the path to riches is a pure, unadulterated Entitlement Issue. Do the stuff, get the stuff. Enough said.
    This kind of harsh response will net you nothing, no one who opposes you opinion will ever come to try and meet you in the middle here making your entire post pointless.

On top of that, many people in this thread are not openly opposed to grinding, they are opposed to dailies are the means to this grinding and many have even offered alternatives to be discussed. Don't be so quick to skip over these.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Go figure, in Cata people complained about not having enough factions and the game being too easy. Now you all complain about too much to do. TBH If you need the crutch of faction purples to progess in a raid, then you need to l2p. The first tier of raiding can be done in heroic blues.

This thread just shows people will complain about WoW no matter how it changes, or doesn't change
    I am Dave ! Yognaught, and I have the balls!

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    The overall gearing scheme in mop has been fantastic. I have mostly 463 gear but I also have a 476 engi helm, 496 boots from galleon, a 483 malevolent neck, a ring from the BMAH and a valor belt from the klaxxi. There's more variety and choice to it than there has ever been in wow and it's a shame that some people won't look at alternative options because the best non-raiding gear in game requires a time commitment.
    Thank you for pointing this out but who said anything about gearing scheme? I wasn't talking about gearing at all.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 03:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Seriously? ALL mounts requires exalted to be able to purchase (except your race specific ones).
    let say I got exalted with the AC and I got the serpent mount..... Will I be able ride it without having exalted with the order of the cloud serpents?

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 03:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uricidea View Post

Your post shows that you absolutely don't understand what the guy said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Thank you for pointing this out but who said anything about gearing scheme? I wasn't talking about gearing at all.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 03:23 PM ----------

let say I got exalted with the AC and I got the serpent mount..... Will I be able ride it without having exalted with the order of the cloud serpents?

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 03:25 PM ----------

By the time you're anywhere near exalted with August celestials you very easily could have reached exalted with order of the cloud serpent many times over. It took me about a week, maybe a week and a half, to reach exalted, and I turned in a grand total of... Maybe 10 eggs. While that certainly expedited the process, it was in no way essential. I really don't see the issue; it's no more an "unecessary hassle" than it is to make it so you must reach level 90 to start grinding reps.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Well, I have to agree with the OP. Yes, you dont need to do them, but if you done them for 2 weeks, its such a loss to quit. It feels like that pokerhand you know you probably wont win, but you are already in it for 50% of your chips.

There is a lack of creativity in most daily's, and some are really poorly designed (not shareable pickups, poor spawnrate etc). Golden Lotus for example can take a long time just simply finding tablets. I have no issue with competition, but if people start to cluster on 1 quest, you did something wrong.

Dailies currently feel like work, and they shouldnt, it is a game. They could have simply cut the amount of dailies in half and giving them double the reputation. I dont mind it takes a long time in days, I do mind it takes up a few hours when playing WoW. Again, I know I dont have to do them, but I wish to be exalted. Basicly, when I am done with my dailies, I dont feel like playing WoW anymore, and turn of the game. Its a huge timesink at the moment, for no good reason at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Yes, but all Cloud Serpents require Cloud Serpent Flying, which requires Exalted with the Order of the Cloud Serpent. So, the mount you buy at Exalted with Shado-pan, first requires you to be Exalted with the Order.
    To clarify further, the Could Serpent mounts are all account wide, but the ability Cloud Serpent Flying is not. So any alts that you want to be able to ride Cloud Serpents have to repeat the grind to exalted.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    By the time you're anywhere near exalted with August celestials you very easily could have reached exalted with order of the cloud serpent many times over. It took me about a week, maybe a week and a half, to reach exalted, and I turned in a grand total of... Maybe 10 eggs. While that certainly expedited the process, it was in no way essential. I really don't see the issue; it's no more an "unecessary hassle" than it is to make it so you must reach level 90 to start grinding reps.
    So, that rep is need eventhough you got another rep exalted to get that mount!
    THAT is what I was trying to point out to the guy (Mehman) because I don't think he got what the poster was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post

I know what the OP is complaining about. But I find it ridiculous. There are a number of paths for gear, the Vanity items that come from Factions is just one of those paths. There is nothing wrong with having something out there you need to work for. Everyone makes decisions on how to spend their time. Griping, 2 weeks into an expansion, about it taking too long to get something, or hoping for an eight year old game to re-invent itself is foolish.

Blizz has made it quite easy to attain some shinies, some take more work, others are a struggle. Chose your path, and play the game.

Personally, I like the August Celestials dailies. Cradle of Chi'ji is fun, and the progression is great, White Tiger Tournaments are a lot of fun (though I do wish there was a little more variety), and the other two aren't too bad.

Shado-pan isn't awful either, and unless it's been changed since beta they give an okay-ish amount of rep. Klaxxi's pretty good, nice and varied and has some good progression with the Paragons etc. To be honest, the only one I explicitly dislike is Golden Lotus. Some of the quests are annoying, you gain rep WAY too slowly and in return for too much work per day, and to top it off you have to go all the way to revered before you can access Shado-Pan or Klaxxi.

Uricidea, I am just glad that you did understand the poster! That's all.

On another note, and I am a bit in doubt if I should bring it up or not, having to work for something and doing the same thing day after day aren't the same thing.

If you go to any store to buy something and the guy behind the counter says to you: you cannot buy anything here, you have to work for the right to buy.
    And you do agree that you have to work for it, so you ask: okay what do I have to do?
    And the answer is: Well walk from your home to the park and from there to my store, say hello to me and then you can go. Repeat this for 2 weeks and then you can buy anything you want in this store.

What will you tell the guy?

While slightly annoying, stretching out the rep gains isnt new or unexpected.

What pisses me off most about this is putting the only new tailor bag pattern at exhalted level of August Celestials.

I agree with any negative post about Quests and/or Dungeon/Raid bosses.
    Horrible bad mechanics and/or objectives. Why Blizz, Why not just give us exalted with everyone, or remove reputations all in all, and Valor/JP systems.
    Just send me the BiS gear with full enchants and gems so I can just log off and be happy with completing the game without any effort what so ever.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    While slightly annoying, stretching out the rep gains isnt new or unexpected.

What pisses me off most about this is putting the only new tailor bag pattern at exhalted level of August Celestials.
    And that is not the only thing hidden safely behind rep requirements.

Since you can only get 1k valor points a week there is no real reason to feel forced to do all of the dailies for every faction every single day. Also you can stop at revered since above that is just vanity items.

I have been doing dailies for 8 or 9 days and i hit revered with the klaxxi yesterday and should hit revered with golden lotus tomorrow. This means I can basically stop doing them forever (unless I want the mount).

By getting just those 2 factions revered I am going to be waiting months in order to purchase the valor items at just these 2 factions vendors. That is plenty of time to get the new factions I unlocked to exalted as well.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

While i agree the grind is rough, as a vanilla player it doesn't bother me all that much . . . however no mechanic for passing those rewards on to alts does. Adding a grind back in is fine, but I can't imagine anyone wanting to do all that on more than one toon in an era where most players have more than one max lvl character.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    As Blizz keep saying about complaints re CRZ, where people at every level face the problem of many people doing levelling quests, it is an MMO. MM = massive MULTIPLAYER. Switch to a low population server if you want less competition or do not do them when everyone else is doing them - get up early, most people say they finish these fast but they do not always play when the rest of the server does. There is no way you will get a phased zone just for you, although you may not agree, you are simply, like the rest of us, not special enough And it does seem you think it is a case of 'gimme gimme' - what else does asking for a whole zone to yourself imply? The expansion will be around 12-18 months at least I guess, you have plenty of time.

You, as many people, are not used to working for something, and working means that, if you want something you put in the effort. You don't want to put in the effort you have to accept you will not get what you want unfortunately.
    You assume that i do not want to work for it, i am all in for earning it, and i have been doing every single daily ever since MoP released even the fishing dailys, i am hugely disapointed in learning that Shado-pan and Celestial augusts are just more of the same thing, low rep quests that only makes you siitt AFK at a quest objective spwan point, saying i should do the quests at a later time is funny, its like saying the daily quests are broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob6875 View Post
    Since you can only get 1k valor points a week there is no real reason to feel forced to do all of the dailies for every faction every single day. Also you can stop at revered since above that is just vanity items.

I have been doing dailies for 8 or 9 days and i hit revered with the klaxxi yesterday and should hit revered with golden lotus tomorrow. This means I can basically stop doing them forever (unless I want the mount).

By getting just those 2 factions revered I am going to be waiting months in order to purchase the valor items at just these 2 factions vendors. That is plenty of time to get the new factions I unlocked to exalted as well.
    This guy gets it. If you try to do all the dailies every day you'll tear your eyes out. Since valor is capped, you have ~5 weeks to do each one. Don't stress.