Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I took my (and I imagine many other people did as well) talents from elitistjerks and similar sites because I didn't want some innate factor gimping my DPS, and googling "Frost DK DPS patch x.x." takes a lot less time than grinding out exalted rep for a faction for a stupid ring, and would likely have a much greater impact. Furthermore, talent trees, unlike gear, were never "hoops" to jump through, and, because you stopped getting new talents at max level anyway, were never part of personal progression. The only thing driving me to pursue these dailies are the mounts offered at exalted and the sense of completion from reaching exalted with each faction. Any gear I acquire in the meantime is an additional bonus.

And as I said, if you aren't a raider, and even then, not under the thumb of some bleeding-edge progression guild leader, you're under no "vehement pressure" to grind out 40 dailies each and every day for a sub-optimal pair of pants.
    It's not about pressure. Your not getting it. Even non raiders like to gear up and progress their toons. At some point I will have no choice but to spend valor on rep gear so I had better be farming my dailies because I'm almost at that point. Saying you don't have to do dailies is basically saying you can play at a worse pace then everyone else and the extension is that I may as well not long on.

Talent trees felt FORCED because they were even though in reality you could avoid that 5% dps talent even if EJ gave it to you and your guild would probably still clear the boss. It has nothing to do with hoops and everything to do with perception. The 5% dps talent didn't feel optional even though it was entirely. Just like farming two iccs in wotlk was also optional. Just as logging into the game is entirely optional. However since the alternatives to those decisions SUCK you are forced to take them.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

On the beta, the requirement to get revered with GL first didn't exist so I was able to see the Shado-Pan and AC dailies. I didn't find them any worse than any of the others.

I'm doing the dailies more to get the mounts than the gear. I'll take whatever gear I can use but, gear gets replaced quickly, mounts are forever. I only hit revered with the Cloud Serpent Riders two days ago and I have only found one egg so far. I've pretty much given up on looking for eggs and the daily that requires Archaeology I have so far refused to do. I saw it on the beta and it stinks.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Someone who does their dailies 2-3 times a week will be able to get the stuff just as fast as someone doing them every single day, because of the valor cap.

The only other thing are the profession recipes, but I hardly would call that a grind. This is designed for people who want to grind heavily and want that heavy grind to be meaningful, really competitive people.

I don't see how anyone that wants to be really competitive at the same time can complain about it taking too much work. That just reeks of "I want everything handed on a silver platter!"-behaviour to me. NOBODY in the circle of top raiding guilds I know even remotely complains about it taking so much time, because it was much harder to get recipes like these in vanilla, TBC and even WotLK. Now it's just doing a few dailies every day... back then it was: "grind 5000 mobs and hope you're lucky for it to drop." This is way more casual friendly.

Maybe they should've done it that way instead, put the recipes as 0.02% drops from daily questmobs instead. That way you wouldn't feel like the carrot on a stick is deceiving you into being forced to do things.
    Uhh no. That's not true. Especially if you didn't quest in klaxxi and especially since HEY LOOK AT THAT shado pan and celesitals are gated behind golden lotus. The game is a crappy grind and it isn't casual friendly in the least. Hell they even reverted the REALLY casual friedly change they made to dungeons in cata. Now it's back to you may receive this reward one more time today. I mean let's say I only have done day to play and it's alot of time on that day we'll im boned as far as rep is concerned because dailies by their definition are dailies and extremely limited and inflexible.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

The harder the game is, the game is better. No doubt.
    I like that much daily quest farm.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thudin View Post
    The harder the game is, the game is better. No doubt.
    I like that much daily quest farm.
    it's not fucking harder, it's just time sink. 100 rep is bullshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    For someone with the mental capacity below that of sliced bread it might be harder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maniac2009 View Post
    how to improve it
    They could start at each quest giving 250 rep like most quests. Firstly because in valley some mobs have about 600k health and those isnt really fast to kill if you happen to have for example just blue gear. Second option would be reduce the mob health and keep same rep.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    But it's 120 - or maybe 130. Clearly that means it's fine. Even though there's only 5 of those so getting revered Shado-Pan will take even longer than Golden Lotus.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they nerfed daily quests too need 5 kills instead of 10 it would be much better. And FFS make a quest item drop 100%. Nothing is more anoying too see.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31234 (serios--its a eye)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    But it's 120 - or maybe 130
    Fuck that it's still about half of 250.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    If they nerfed daily quests too need 5 kills instead of 10 it would be much better. And FFS make a quest item drop 100%. Nothing is more anoying too see.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31234 (serios--its a eye)
    Zhevra hoofs from the barrens anyone? :P anyway... someone on page 3 mentioned about the August celestials that there only 4 dailies given each day, yet another person spoke about 2.5k rep each day... Can you visit each temple in pandaria for 4x4 dailies or something?

erm op i done the hando-pan dailies yday on my hunter and i got 275 rep per quest and 550 for the last 1 so im not sure where this 137 is coming from.

Freaking dailies. Awful design, just awful

Which is a shame also since the rest of MoP is pretty nice so far.

I don't see why they didn't keep the way TBC did it, and at the same kind of speed. That was perfect.

Or they should have with held some factions for a bit. Personally I am now only doing Golden Lotus and Tiller dailies every day, while queuing for an instance that offers the biggest upgrade for me. I don't have the inclination to sink 2 hours a day doing rep grinds for 5 different factions :/
    RETH

People complained there was nothing to do, that dailies didn't account for anything and felt worthless.

Blizzard made changes.

People complain there is to much to do, that dailies account for to much and are important.

I am glad I don't work for Blizzard. I would've lost my mind years ago with this community.

Deleted
    The only decent dailies I have ever seen in WoW are the Molten Front dailies. Every other daily just eats into the time when I could be doing things in WoW I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    It's easy. Give tabards back that grant rep and keep dailes that grant rep. If people REALLY like these dailies and think their so amazing they'll keep doing them regardless of what I do with my tabard
    This exactly. we have so many people claiming how awesome these dailies are (for what reason i cant POSSIBLY comprehend...) if they want to grind their little brains out then let them do it. i never complained about having too little to do. i loved the tabard system. i could log on once a week for 5 hours or 5 days in the week for one hour and gain the same results.

lets get this straight people. dailies dont take EFFORT. they take TIME. time that i dont always have; why should i be forced to log on every single day to a game if i want to progress at a reasonable speed? each day i dont/cant log on i have to feel guilty because i AM in a raiding guild. i want my shit. i dont mind working for it but i do mind not being able to work for it at MY OWN PACE.

How about some changes to dailies?
    if Blizzard could make them look more like a challenge mode,
    or maybe scale the reward you get for completing a daily depending on how long it does take you to complete it?

Dailies would be much more fun and challenge if I could get more rep or valor or whatever the reward for the daily quest is
    if (for example) I was able to kill 12 mogu in some heroic way, say in under 2 minutes.

I think more people would be happy for dailies that allow more rewards for more PRO way to complete them.

if doing 5 golden lotus dailies takes about 10-15 minutes, then putting a special effort in completing them in under 5-8 minutes should be rewarded in twice as much rep and triple valor, I just dont see any reason for not changing it this way (ofc I more or less realise that it demands some work on Blizz to change the engine, but I thin kit s worth it).

* pls dont ridicule me if you can do mentioned dailies in less than said 5-8 minutes already at this time.
    it means you re a good player , and you should be getting more rewards, like I mentioned. (or maybe your realm has less competing players that allow mobs to actually respawn enabling killing them)
    Last edited by mikoslav; 2012-10-11 at 11:20 AM.

Deleted
    Title for this thread should be :
    All i want now is : all, now.
    Don't cry about dailies, you're not forced to made them all at one time, just use your brain for calculate how many valor points you'll have to keep for each item you wanna purchase, then look your reputations and think about the number of days you have for be AND caped valor AND exalted/whatever rep level you want.
    Enjoy.

I'm not sure why people seem to think the rep gear is a prerequisite to raiding. It isn't. It's far too slow for that. It's an alternative source of items for people who don't want to raid.

Raiders can do them in case they get unlucky with drops, but I'd wager that most of the top 1000 guilds or so will be able to get heroic drops long before they can farm the rep and VP needed to get anything useful.

If you don't want to do them, then don't. The number of people I saw in Cata boasting that they "make 100k gold a day from 10 mins work on the AH", I'm sure they can just do that again and buy everything they need on the AH/BMAH.