Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the thing is even if u hit exalted with all factions on day 1 just for valor gear,u wouldn't have enough valor points to buy them anyway.dailies while give u rep,give u vp as well.even if it wasn't for rep u would still be doing dailies just to cap ur valor point

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    even if it wasn't for rep u would still be doing dailies just to cap ur valor point
    OR you could do..i dunno..heroics? scenarios? depending on how crowded your server is for dailies doing heroics can be much quicker since you only get 5 VP per daily but you get 30-60 valor from heroics. there are a lot of ways to get valor. there should be more than one way to get rep. its that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    How about some changes to dailies? -snip-
    So considering the best way to complete dailies faster is by having less people around... your saying that just because some people have the good fortune to be on at lucky time of day or on a low pop server they should be rewarded more than say... people that work and can only be online during peak hours? this is the best logic ive ever seen...yes lets punish people for having real lives even more. AWESOME! /sarcasm...
    Last edited by chaos61988; 2012-10-11 at 11:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos61988 View Post
    OR you could do..i dunno..heroics? scenarios? depending on how crowded your server is for dailies doing heroics can be much quicker since you only get 5 VP per daily but you get 30-60 valor from heroics. there are a lot of ways to get valor. there should be more than one way to get rep. its that simple.
    He was reffering to the weekly maximum of 1000 valor points. I know.. fuck me right ?

imo a simple fix; after we hit exalted with the faction, we can buy a bind on account tabard to grind rep with dungeon for our alts.

I've had to give up on daily quests, I simply do not have the time for them right now. It's horrible as I know I'm slacking off against the rest of my guild, I feel like I'm letting them down, but there's just not enough time in my week to get through so many dailies.

I hope we don't have high-ish end gear associated with rep grinds again, or if we are another method of obtaining the rep would be nice.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    People who say that the dailies are not required are totally missing the point of why they are forced.

The problem lies in the RNG loot system. JP and VP were implemented to offset the unlucky streaks you get with Random loot systems.

My biggest headache right now is I can run HCs and rarely see an item drop for my spec. My guild wants to raid and LFR tells me to get a ton more gear before it lets me in.

What is the only other option? Dailies, I can grind out this pathetic reputation and maybe get a guaranteed item in exchange for points.

VP gear hiding behind Reputation tied to dailies makes them forced because RNG is so damn unreliable. I'd rather have the Cata system of JP/VP back than this.

Utter Cry-baby non-sense. Having long range goals and rewards is the best thing that can happen in a game like this. Effort = Reward. Easy enough to understand. Come on. I carry around a big sword to kill bad guys. I don;t see how you can;t have fun using the stuffs BLizz gives us. Complaining is the new National Pass-Time. This Op confirms it.

Ok, so if Blizzard says we remove quests and dungeons from level 85-90 and you have to kill 1 million boars instead would you do it?`
    It´s still Effort = Reward but its stupid and boring...

Same goes for the dailys. A game is about entertainment. And these quests are NOT entertaining.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uricidea View Post
    Utter Cry-baby non-sense. Having long range goals and rewards is the best thing that can happen in a game like this. Effort = Reward. Easy enough to understand. Come on. I carry around a big sword to kill bad guys. I don;t see how you can;t have fun using the stuffs BLizz gives us. Complaining is the new National Pass-Time. This Op confirms it.
    Nothing wrong with long range goals, but my biggest issue with the dailies in mop is the reputation gained is far too small.

Black prince rep uses the old vanilla model of rep and it seems easier to farm than Golden lotus.

I don't have any problem with rep grinds but dailies by their very nature force me to login every day or lose out. Feeling forced to login each day is the issue thats biggest for me because I cannot do this every day due to RL commitments.

I'd rather aoe mantid en masse to gain rep than be forced to login each and every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    If you don't want to do them, then don't. The number of people I saw in Cata boasting that they "make 100k gold a day from 10 mins work on the AH", I'm sure they can just do that again and buy everything they need on the AH/BMAH.
    that's easy to say but yet people do feel forced to do them not because of gear mainly either but of the rep itself and the recipies or mounts items they give.

I am in the exact same boat atm. and I absolutely hate the daily concept because its blizzards way limiting your character progression on a daily base.

my background: I started the game in vanilla and I never had any problems with the rep grinds there ( did wintersabre, fulborg moltencore reps and some other reps too) but I had the choice to set my own pace in it. Cant grind one day because of IRL obligations or because of a raid I had no problems with it because I could catch up with it in the weekend if I choose to do so. However with this new system its either do the quests that day or your rep just vaporizes without being able to get it back.
    Then tbc came and new reps and the daily concept was introduced I never had any troubles with them either, reps like skyguard, ogrila and netherwing where the perfect combination of grind and dailies why? because you had the choice (you could either do strictly dailies or grind some extra if you where able to do them for some reason) was it long and tedious yea sometimes but it dint bothered me at all it just made me set goals for myself and it dint wear me out.

then WOTLK hit and somehow blizzard thought it would be a good idea to make some reps solely gain able by dailies (oracles,tournaments etc) funny enough I did this once on one char and never looked back at them Ii hated then with passion. Then CATA came and blizzard started introducing more and more things that only are doable by doing dailies day in an out.

And now MoP they went completely overboard with it tbh all meaningful reps are either gated (celestials and shadopan) and only way to get them is running dailies day in an out and the thought I actually need to do this for 2 additional characters yea that's not gonna happen. They could have made it easily the same way they did the cloud serpents chain (healthy combination of dailies and a repeatable) but now they decided to go this way instead making it look like a job.

When I get home from work I already barely have a one hour time frame to make dinner, take care of my cats and take a shower then I need to log and get raid prepped (we raid 4 day currently of which 3 are during the week) I ended up in bed at 1/1.30 am
    last night because I felt the need to get at least the celestial and golden lotus quests done. I felt completely overwhelmed and frustrated because I literally saw my rep vaporizing in to thin air when I logged off. Yet in the weekend when I actually a sea of time to play I hit a progress block in an 2 hours or so and I simply cannot progress any further working on the reps its such a frustrating thing atm. And I am not even doing this because of the gear as many people have pointed out.

Again personally I think the serpents and tillers fine because they still give alternatives (eggs and insta popping harvests ) and have a form of grind for it.

Klaxxi repeatable if tuned properly should be no problem then either right now I hear its quite horrendous and seeing the items in my own pack after 2 weeks of dailies yea I think it could use a tune up.

personally if they would add a turn in/repeatable to for the remaining ones there would be way less rage from most of the people because it will give them the choice to set there own pace instead of the pace blizzard is forcing on them what is wrong with that?

If someone chooses to skip a certain rep for 2 weeks why not let him or her grind the 2 weeks rep back later if they have a day off or if they have a weekend to waste and feel like doing it.

Again its not because of the gear its about principle when it comes to decide to do the reps.
    tell me who puts more effort in the game

a gamer who logs 2 hours a day 7 days a week earning 10k rep for a faction
    a gamer who logs 3-6hours a day 7 days a week and grinds the same 10 k rep on mobs in a 2 day session of 7 hours per session
    or a gamer who who logs 3-4 hours a day 7 days a week but decides to grind that same 10k rep in the 3 days he or she doesn't raid

The end result is still the same they all earn 10k rep why limit the choose in how you can obtain that 10 k rep?

people really need to stop with this dailies take effort thing
    dailies dont take effort!
    Dailies are purely there for the people who can spare a static 2 hours a day to do this mandatory task without being hampered by IRL or Raid obligations
    I already do something similar 8-10 hours a day 5 days a week its called a job and dont need a second one on top of that on the stuff normally would enjoy doing thank you very much

Not Fun is purely Subjective. I enjoy going around swinging my sword for the cause. I don;t expect the Dailies to fit me out, I expect them to give me purpose in my slaying. If you don;t like Dailies. DO something else. I'm loving the new Faction System. They are there to do, if you want to do them.

My character is made for killing the bad guys. What else would I do with him? I play the game. Your opinion about the rewards one receives is noted, and dismissed. By me at least. Try to have some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Uricidea View Post
    Not Fun is purely Subjective. I enjoy going around swinging my sword for the cause. I don;t expect the Dailies to fit me out, I expect them to give me purpose in my slaying. If you don;t like Dailies. DO something else. I'm loving the new Faction System. They are there to do, if you want to do them.

My character is made for killing the bad guys. What else would I do with him? I play the game. Your opinion about the rewards one receives is noted, and dismissed. By me at least. Try to have some fun.
    Cool story, and where do i spend my VP, get my recipes for my professions or earn VP in the first place?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm only doing Klaxxi (for the mount) and what ever one gives you the coins for extra chances at raid loot.

I haven't done any of the others and will not. I just want to get into raiding and forget about all the rest off this bullshit.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

This topic has yet to be discussed. It is new and exciting.... -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    I personally think the whole valor-dailies-reputation thing is a genious decision and game mechanic.
    Wow, genious? really, you find this genious?
    I can't believe that, seriously.
    it is THE most stupid thing to do..... and I don't mean dailies in general but putting so much behind it and then gating everything.
    It show lack of creativity, lack of ideas, basically even lack of taking some time and just think about it.

So, now seriously ,don't tell me that you find this a genious idea?
    I can understand you want to defend blizzard, i don't have an issue with that but basically saying that it is genious to make a parfum which smells like dogshit is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    What's next people complaining about having to complete quests to level?
    They did, Blizzard seemingly agreed which is why you now gain experience by doing PvP and farming.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos61988 View Post
    This exactly. we have so many people claiming how awesome these dailies are (for what reason i cant POSSIBLY comprehend...) if they want to grind their little brains out then let them do it. i never complained about having too little to do. i loved the tabard system. i could log on once a week for 5 hours or 5 days in the week for one hour and gain the same results.

lets get this straight people. dailies dont take EFFORT. they take TIME. time that i dont always have; why should i be forced to log on every single day to a game if i want to progress at a reasonable speed? each day i dont/cant log on i have to feel guilty because i AM in a raiding guild. i want my shit. i dont mind working for it but i do mind not being able to work for it at MY OWN PACE.
    It takes about 11 days to get revered with the klaxxi. You could do dailies on the weekend and unlock it in about 5 weeks, 4 if you go 3 days. Considering they made the necks available at honored you can grind at a slow pace and still not risk getting VP capped.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miothan View Post
    Hello, just wanted to start a topic on this subject since i think it is rediculus.

The two factions: Shado-Pan and The Celestial August dailys became available to me yesterday, but didnt try the daily quests untill today and OH BOY! horrible shit quests that requires you to yet agian pick up 10+ just to finish that one objective of 1 quest, how fun is that? feels like its gona take me 5 years just to get through the Golden Lotus dailys + Klaxxi, and now im gona be curseds with more of the same thing after i thaught i would get something more rewarding?

Ok, lets just disregard of the time it takes because of how many players are doing it, atleast i get great rep since it took me a while to unlock them, right? WRONG! 137 rep per quest for Shado-Pan(900 something rep daily at honored) and 275 rep per quest for The Celestial August (Celestial August will take more timne since you can get to honored through questing with Shado-Pan beforehand in Townlong). After i unlocked shado and celestial i thaught it would be about 500 rep per quest to make up for the fact that i had more dailys to do, ofcourse im not forced to do them, but not doing them is the same as nerfing yourself since there are things you need for your profession and even items.

I have decided to hit Exalted with Golden Lotus and the Klaxxi, i wont give a rats ass about Shado-Pan and the Celestial August tho, i had hoped for fun daily quests and/or better rep gains to make it worth my time, clearly they failed to do that. It will bother me since i wont get the profession specific items that they offer, but im not gona waste my time competing for quest objective items for hours and hours on end, i get enough of that from Golden Lotus, Klaxxi, Tillers and Order of the Serpent dailys (rotten move to tie the new mounts to Order of the Serpent Exalted to be able to ride them)
    cry more ?! i didn't even bother to read this cuz you are a classic whiner

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Wow, genious? really, you find this genious?
    I can't believe that, seriously.
    it is THE most stupid thing to do..... and I don't mean dailies in general but putting so much behind it and then gating everything.
    It show lack of creativity, lack of ideas, basically even lack of taking some time and just think about it.

So, now seriously ,don't tell me that you find this a genious idea?
    I can understand you want to defend blizzard, i don't have an issue with that but basically saying that it is genious to make a parfum which smells like dogshit is ridiculous.
    The overall gearing scheme in mop has been fantastic. I have mostly 463 gear but I also have a 476 engi helm, 496 boots from galleon, a 483 malevolent neck, a ring from the BMAH and a valor belt from the klaxxi. There's more variety and choice to it than there has ever been in wow and it's a shame that some people won't look at alternative options because the best non-raiding gear in game requires a time commitment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miothan View Post
    rotten move to tie the new mounts to Order of the Serpent Exalted to be able to ride them
    Seriously? ALL mounts requires exalted to be able to purchase (except your race specific ones).