Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    My god cry much, dont like em dont do em lol

Quote Originally Posted by Boogieknight View Post
    I've yet to have an issue with the August Celestial dailies since I figured out my path for running that torch up to the brazier. Shado-Pan, however, are unholy abominations in my eyes and I'm glad I'm finally done with them. The Dragon/Mogu ones aren't too bad, just annoying. The Backguard Protectors with the tank NPCs aren't too bad either, but still annoying. The stealth/assassin dailies I refuse to do anymore. There are far, far, FAR too many mobs in a small area, they hit like trucks, they aggro from 9 miles away, and if you have that special-ed hunter NPC who decides to fight wherever he feels like it and aggros 30 packs of trash while placing traps at his feet before feigning death and dumping that on you..... Suffice it to say that faction needs work, but the biggest problem is the requirement of revered with Golden Lotus before gaining access. Just allow them to be started at 90 and be done with it.
    I did the quests without any helper NPC or the "supplies" that don't work half the time. It's definitely harder than the other dailies, but any DPS or tank spec can easily handle the mobs.

All dailies should award at least 250 rep each. Any less is an unnecessary delay.

Quote Originally Posted by maniac2009 View Post
    Can you please say how to improve it as an alternative rather than merely complaining about something? Say quests give 500 rep each then you'd be done with them in no time and then you'd be ..I have nothing to do .. The days where people had to actually put effort into something seems to be gone. You have the whole expansion to get these rewards but let me guess.. you must have it now right?!!
    He probably doesn't have enough time to do all the dailies on his ten alts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you actually even do the Shado-Pan dailies?
    They were fun, and original.
    You get a person who gives you a buff, you work with them. You get items that help distract enemies.

They were good.

August Cele's on the other hand. Eck. Boredom.
    Now I don't even do dialies anymore, I stopped at Revered with Shado and Honored with Cele's. But I don't care about that stupid gear or valor capping anymore.
    I'm at 475 and I haven't touched a normal raid boss loot. LFR + Sha are my friend.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish they'd put a cap on reputation gained during a week (something like 7k-10k) and let us get it however we choose. If you wish to run dungeons, go for it. If you like doing dailies, go for it. If you like grinding mobs, go for it.

Deleted
    Patch 5.1 comes which means 100% reputation for all your alts whatever they are if you are not that lazy to be revered everywhere already --->Problem solved

Shaso-Pan, and ESPECIALLY August Celestials dailies were so ridiculous fast and easy, I looked forward to doing them every day.

Exalted golden lotus was the worst one, those quests took forever to do them all every day.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

the shado pan and AC quests are 250-350 each. klaxxi are 125, not sure about GL its been awhile but im fairly sure those were 125 as well.

the only crappy quest for AC is the torch run quest, and while a few of the SP quests can be bad those are mostly because you brought the hunter companion who likes to pull EVERYTHING
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

enough with the "dont like it dont do it " crap, the grind is way too retarded and there is just too many factions, if they knew what they were doing they would just lower the valor gear vendor rep to friendly, and all the shiny cosmetics at revered / exalted for those who really bother.

People dont complain for no reason, the rep grind should end when players reach revered with golden lotus and all valor gears should be made available when u hit revered with golden lotus, END OF STORY... but no.. these motherfcking idiots spread out valor gears across 99 different factions and tell u " dont like it dont do it"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Having nothing to do is a lot better than having something soul destroying to do.
    Lol it's absolutely not. You see, you can still have nothing to do. Just don't do it. But having the option to do it rather than do nothing is good for the game. Soul destroying? You need to get out more.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 06:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JIMM- View Post
    enough with the "dont like it dont do it " crap, the grind is way too retarded and there is just too many factions, if they knew what they were doing they would just lower the valor gear vendor rep to friendly, and all the shiny cosmetics at revered / exalted for those who really bother.

People dont complain for no reason, the rep grind should end when players reach revered with golden lotus and all valor gears should be made available when u hit revered with golden lotus, END OF STORY... but no.. these motherfcking idiots spread out valor gears across 99 different factions and tell u " dont like it dont do it"
    People complain without reason all the time. That's what people behind a computer do. And if you're that enraged over it, guess what? Don't motherfucking do it. XD

VP gear isn't necessary. People complain because they need to fill that void they have within themselves and get satisfaction by thinking that they have some control over something. Lol people don't complain for no reason. That's good.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I think everything is fine EXCEPT Shado-Pan and August Celestials being gated by being revered with the Golden Lotus. That's just dumb. Especially when they made a big deal about just HOW MANY dailies they were going to have. Then they gate two whole sets of them.
    Yes to this. Blizzard say they are all optional. Where is choice in this sentence: I WANT an item from Shado-Pan, I MUST grind Golden Lotus?
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganaut View Post
    Yes to this. Blizzard say they are all optional. Where is choice in this sentence: I WANT an item from Shado-Pan, I MUST grind Golden Lotus?
    Want =/= need. Therefore it's very optional.

I think the OP has his numbers wrong - each Shado Pan daily gives 250 rep, for a total of 1250 rep daily. Same for August Celestials, except for the number of dailies. I like dailies, but I am not a fan of the following 2 things:

1. Gating Shado Pan and Ausgust Celestials reps behind the Golden Lotus rep, the most grindy ones. This also meant that the GL quest areas are heavily overcrowded.
    2. Putting Valor gear behind rep gate. Bad, very bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been trying to avoid doing all the dailies at once for all the factions. Rather focusing on one at a time so I don't get burned out. Mostly I've been afraid to grind Shado Pan dailies but I find the August Celestials pretty fun, especially the White Tiger temple.

Still the upcoming commendations will ease a lot of pain for those making the leap from revered to exalted or starting over on an alt. Hopefully they remain at the PTR price, I last saw, at fifty gold.

With all the dailies I figure sometimes Blizzard is trying to recreate the Isle of Quel'Danas or Argent Tournament. Both were zones or sub-zones that brought people together from both factions, questing very day for a variety of rewards. It brought people together, gave them something to do every day and was rewarding at the same rate of how much or little you participated.

I think Blizzard wanted to make daily quests feel like you were working for the faction you were grinding rep for rather than wear some cool tabard for them while killing some unrelated foe. In Wrath and Cata that made sense since all the factions were essentially on the same side fighting the same enemy form different angles.
    Last edited by Silver-Fox; 2012-11-15 at 06:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalies should only give about 50 rep per turn in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not stressing getting exalted with everyone. The first week or so of the x-pack I had a lot of free time to screw around in pandaria but I've become a lot more busy lately... so when I have extra time at the end of the day I lurk the forums and log in and do a few dailies. I'm not really freaking out about getting exalted with everything.

The daily quest cap was removed so that those who have tons and tons of free time can do them all if they'd like (have a friend who does them religiously) and those with more busy schedules can put their own cap in. Someone has already posted this, but blizzard expects you to be able to manage yourself. We raid one night a week and most people aren't very far into rep progression, but we are still downing bosses. The gear in raids is = the gear from reps for the most part. Everyone needs to take another sip of their spiced cider and relax.

I don't really give a shit about the alt bonus. What I want is for them to make the "get X amount of achievements to exalted" achievement account wide. Since I switched from my Vanilla->Cata warrior main to a monk for this expansion and only have 54 exalted reps...but to get the 60 reps achievement I need to level my alt to grind reps I already have.

Account wide achievements and other account wide things should be implemented in a way that makes players not feel punished for switching "main" characters.
    Archaelogy should be account wide.
    Cooking recipes (not skill) should be account wide.
    Reputations should be account wide ( at least achievement credit).

I see no problem with the way they gated the factions, as it kept me from being burned out on dailies. Tillers rep is not hard and takes very little time to complete, same with the Cloud Serpents. Some of the Anglers dailies are dependence on your fishing skill so that one depends on the player. Professions wise, tailoring and enchanting patterns are the only ones I've seen locked behind the faction gate. If those professions are on an alt I suggest just wait for 5.1 to hit.
    "A forest of thorns shall be his tomb.
    Borne through the skies on a fog of doom!
    Now go with a curse and serve me well.
    Around Stefan's castle, cast my spell!"

Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    Want =/= need. Therefore it's very optional.
    I think you need to re-evaluate why people play games and what option in that regard means then comment again.

In my opinion:
    If I choose to play MoP, then a lot of things become mandatory, due to that choice.
    Dailies are in that regard mandatory and even forced.
    If I don't do dailies, I can't spend my vp because rep is lacking.
    if I don't do dailies, some awesome mounts are unavailable.
    If I don't do dailies, I won't be able to get the recipes for my professions.

For players who don't raid.... there is not much else, is there?

yeah, dailies are optional..... but if you don't do them, what then?
    So instead of just writing "they are optional", pls add what players can do.