Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriana View Post
    Maybe a birthday present like the onyxian whelp ? Anyone ?
    One can hope..

I just hate when stuff like this ends up on the Blizzard Store.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well played, Blizzard.

Deleted
    if i had to pay for it id rather boil my bollocks in acid

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    Store pets are stronger? Well now that you've made a comparative statement: stronger than what? 'Cause I've beaten my fair share (perhaps my unfair share) of store-bought pets with my ingame-only pets.
    Yeah sorry didn't flesh that out enough. They are stronger than normal pets and on probably on par with rares. Note that is just what I have read because I don't do pet battles so take it with a grain of salt.

As far as high quality goes, the pheonix hatchling is the last high quality pet released that I can remember pre pet store. The game has been increasing in quality steadily since release everywhere from pet models, mount models, gear models, areas etc... Yes vanilla pets were low quality but everything was low quality in vanilla by todays standards. While pet quality has gone up with the rest of the game, that only applies to pets acquired via the pet store. It doesn't bother me terribly, but it is fairly obvious to see why it bothers other people.

lame...introduce the new inks first greedy ass blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    so... damn... ADORABLE! I will pay for it if i have to!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoMedic View Post
    Maybe Blizz will give 'em away for WoW's 8th anniversary. One can always hope, right?
    7th aniversary says HAI!
    Stupid Tabard. -_-

This year better be good!

Atleast I have my whelpling.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post

Pretty much this sums it up for me also.
    Engineer = Mage

Biggest possible firepower, yet they keep whining. "SPY SAPPIN' MAH SENTRY!"

maybe just maybe they decided to give us something for wow 8 anniversary?

To all those saying 'maybe its the anniversary pet this year' i really hate to put a damper on that but... First they said 'Adoption details coming soon' if it were a 'mail to all toons who log in this week' i doubt they would word it as adoption. More then likely it will be pet store bought. They have also said before they did not want to get in the habit of handing out pets for things like random anniversaries(other then milestone years, like 5-10-...), doubt i could find the blue post about it cause its a few years old now, though im sure a few other people remember it.

99% chance it will be pet store.
    .5% chance it will be anniversary
    .5% chance its something else no one has thought of, perhaps comes with some other merchandise, some 'real life' store deal, maybe even something with the megablocks, who knows.

of course now that ive said this, its 100% chance it will be for the anniversary just so i have to eat my own words, yay me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriana View Post
    Maybe a birthday present like the onyxian whelp ? Anyone ?
    I hope so. >.<

You know, if part of it were going to charity like the pet that was made as support for the Earthquake/Tsunami for Japan, then that would be okay in my book. But if all profits are going to Blizz like some of their mounts and other pets, then that really pisses me off because ppl are already paying $15/month. If the game is F2P then have at it and charge ppl for whatever, but $15 a month and more if you a pet/mount collector? Screw u Blizz

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn... It's so adorable!

10+ Year Old Account
    So cuuuute.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Yeah sorry didn't flesh that out enough. They are stronger than normal pets and on probably on par with rares. Note that is just what I have read because I don't do pet battles so take it with a grain of salt.

As far as high quality goes, the pheonix hatchling is the last high quality pet released that I can remember pre pet store. The game has been increasing in quality steadily since release everywhere from pet models, mount models, gear models, areas etc... Yes vanilla pets were low quality but everything was low quality in vanilla by todays standards. While pet quality has gone up with the rest of the game, that only applies to pets acquired via the pet store. It doesn't bother me terribly, but it is fairly obvious to see why it bothers other people.
    Recent unique and non pet-store pets include Crawling Claw, the celestial dragon, the fossilized Raptor hatchling, the argent squire/grunt, Creepy Crate, Corehound pup, De-weaponized mechanical companion... I could go on. None of which required the pet store.

Quote Originally Posted by mangowarrior View Post
    You know, if part of it were going to charity like the pet that was made as support for the Earthquake/Tsunami for Japan, then that would be okay in my book. But if all profits are going to Blizz like some of their mounts and other pets, then that really pisses me off because ppl are already paying $15/month. If the game is F2P then have at it and charge ppl for whatever, but $15 a month and more if you a pet/mount collector? Screw u Blizz
    I'm a mount collector. I have every pre-3.1 raid/dungeon drop mount in the game, save for the old amani warbear and grand black war mammoth. I've bought a total of ONE store mount, and that was the sparkle pony when it first came out. I in no way feel obligated to purchase any of the others.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-10-11 at 03:37 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I may actually have to pay for this... it's... irresistibly cute...

Who needs working ink vendors when you can pay money on top of your sub fee for a pet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FishHead View Post
    Who needs working ink vendors when you can pay money on top of your sub fee for a pet?
    Be happy you don't have to buy living steel from alchemists to make anything worthwhile. And no one is forcing you to buy the pet.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Recent unique and non pet-store pets include Crawling Claw, the celestial dragon, the fossilized Raptor hatchling, the argent squire/grunt, Creepy Crate, Corehound pup, De-weaponized mechanical companion... I could go on. None of which required the pet store.

I'm a mount collector. I have every pre-3.1 raid/dungeon drop mount in the game, save for the old amani warbear and grand black war mammoth. I've bought a total of ONE store mount, and that was the sparkle pony when it first came out. I in no way feel obligated to purchase any of the others.
    I used to be a pet collector pre pet store, but it seemed silly post pet store so I stopped. Going through that list, some of those aren't pets you can get in game, others are standard in game models, which is great but it isn't pet store quality. Actually creepy crate is one of my favorite pets. Like I said personally I don't mind, I think the pet store allows for some great gifts to friends/family who play wow. However it does make me sad that they don't seem to be putting new pets in the game of *equal* quality that can be acquired through raids/dungeons/super rare drops.

All my previous statement was intended to do was answer the question somebody asked about why it bothers some people, I'm not saying I am one of those people.