Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is anyone using tellmewhen for WW monk??

So yeah now that my monk is up into the 80s i was looking at addons for end game and i haven't seen any yet tailored to the monk. I seen a thread in here about clcinfo but the website the download was on didn't look legit at all to me and i got several nasty pop-ups(even got through my pop-up blocker). So is anyone using tmw? I used this on my warrior and shaman to great effect and was really hoping to use with my monk now as well. Thanks for any info

So I am seeing a lot of people saying they are using TMW but when i downloaded it yesterday it didnt have anything loaded for monks, did you guys all set the rotation yourself or is there somehwere to import the monk rotation?
    Last edited by kharnedge; 2012-10-11 at 12:12 PM.

Deleted
    Not used TMW and not planning on doing so not sure if there are other similar mods out there but I wouldn't be surprised if there is.

I'm using it. Leveling as WW, but I'll set up icons for MW as well, and I use TMW for all my characters. Works great.

Most of the icons are of the type spell cooldown, and then I set conditions on them to show with chi >= spell chi cost, or absolute energy >= spell energy cost. Also, I set the interval in the general options to 0 to make the update as fast as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use TellMeWhen for all of my characters, including my monk. It's very useful.

I've tried a number of mods but nothing has worked as good as TellMeWhen, I use it to give me such as:

- How many tiger palm buffs I have
    - Is Mortal wounds up?
    - Is Blackout Kick Dot appled
    - Varios Enemy Class specific buffs

I can confirm this mod works for monks and specifically works with no bugs with the most recent patch.

I use quite a few mods and some are okay, some are godlike couldn't live without, I'll be posting a video showing all my mods very soon!

To see an example of this mod in action or my Monk shannanigans check out YouTube/SmashUpGaming

TellMeWhen download: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/tellmewhen
    Last edited by Smashpanda; 2012-10-11 at 04:48 AM.

I use it on brewmaster because nothing is as clean or works the way I want it. I use monktimers for energy/chi and my stagger bar. Also have two abilities set to it since they look nice. Everything else I care about I use TMW. Any important buffs, debuffs and cooldowns I track with that and it works great.

One thing to note is it can become a resource hog if you have to many things tracking on it.

Needtoknow for everything

I use MonkTimers. But thats mainly because I'm used to TotemTimers

TellMeWhen's author here. If you guys need help setting up anything specific, please feel free to post a comment over at http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/tellmewhen and I will do my best to get back to you as quick as I can.
    Author of TellMeWhen and many other useful and helpful addons such as SpeedyLoad.

Hello Cybeloras.

I am going to try it out tonight because weakauras and powerauras were too confusing for me (or I just didn't give it enough time). So far using grid to keep track of my mistweaver 2x blackoutkick debuff (forgot the name) but it doesn't show time or the number of applications.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybeloras View Post
    TellMeWhen's author here. If you guys need help setting up anything specific, please feel free to post a comment over at http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/tellmewhen and I will do my best to get back to you as quick as I can.
    Cant for my life figure out how to make it show how many stacks of tigereye brew i have on me

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to use TMW and Needtoknow and a bunch of other mods on other characters, since building/importing the strings for my monk I'm a Weak Aura's whore now =P

I basically have Elvui+WA (don't really count my bag or auction mods) and that is it.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by Polpe View Post
    Cant for my life figure out how to make it show how many stacks of tigereye brew i have on me

Enable a button. Set it to check buffs on player. Tigerseye brew.... I used the first one on the search list.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use tmw myself, you just need to set it up manually. There's no 'import because I'm lazy' option that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    I am thinking of setting TMW for my WW and BW monk. However, with how volatile add-ons are right now I'm waiting a bit to not to jump the gun too quickly.
    This has probably been the most stable addons have been for any expansion or major patch release. Addon developers had many months of beta to iron out any problems. I would say that all of my addons transitioned over to 5.0.1 then to 5.0.4 save for 1-2 minor ones that simply weren't being supported anymore.

If the author of an addon is posting in some class' sub-forum offering to help assist anyone's needs, you can bet that the addon is stable.

Quote Originally Posted by JRule View Post
    This has probably been the most stable addons have been for any expansion or major patch release. Addon developers had many months of beta to iron out any problems. I would say that all of my addons transitioned over to 5.0.1 then to 5.0.4 save for 1-2 minor ones that simply weren't being supported anymore.

If the author of an addon is posting in some class' sub-forum offering to help assist anyone's needs, you can bet that the addon is stable.
    Tellmewhen is one of the only addons I never have problems with... Monktimers right now is constantly screwing up on me but TMW never does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polpe View Post
    There should be an option, I think on the right side of the panel, for "Show Stacks" (and you can set a minimum number of stacks before it shows, too, if you want).

I use TellMeWhen to track all my Monk CDs in all specs. One thing I use that people may not be away of is displaying my current Chi. This can be done by using the following DogTag (usually replacing the default "stacks" tag):
    [AltP(index=12, unit="player")]

I use it for every class. If you visit the monk UI thread on page 5 I have a post that shows it. I have it track tiger palm with stacks and timer, tiger brew (use first one on list, it will show buff with count building up them when you use it it shows the timer of the damage buff you gained, and lastly I have it showing RSK cool down. Other more specific things I just look out for on the target.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.