Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Post WoWCheck.com - Check Guild iLVL and Enchant status (NEW UPDATE! - October 20 2012)

I made this tool for my guild to check on enchants & iLvl using the WoWAPI.
    It runs fully on the browser using Javascript.

http://www.wowcheck.com

Want to add socket check also to it, but it would molest blizzards armory server if I did, so I decided to wait for them to give developers a more optimal way to do it.

Let me know if you like it / dont like it, what features you want added to it.

Thanks

Update #1:

* Fix colors (red means enchanted=false)
    * Add Class icons & class name colors
    * Implement Sorting
    * Enchant counting

Update #2:
    * remove the "false" and "true" if possible -> replaced with Thumbs up, and just missing enchant text with tooltip
    * add a way to see which enchant is missing (tooltips, hover over the text)
    * check hit/expertise (Hit is percent, but expertise doesn't have a % value in current wow api)
    * Only showing members that have a guild rank higher than 5
    * Support for bookmarking & linking guilds ex: http://wowcheck.com/?zone=us&realm=K...uild=Existence
    * Support for IE8+ (IE7 works but search does not display for some reason)

Update #3:
    * Added filtering support, for now it gives u the ability to filter the list based on guild rank.

Update #4
    * Added red/green for hit cap
    * Added hit cap rating info in footer
    * Added spec icons with tooltip, hovering it will tell you spec name and role
    * Loading indicator, try not to filter or sort, until this loading indicator is gone for good results.
    Last edited by kronoss; 2012-10-21 at 02:11 AM.

class & spec icons would be nice, but I like minimalist presentation so far, and wouldn't want to see it stray far from that.

just... would like to know which specs my guildies logged out in, incase its their offspec gear or not, etc.

also, a % of pieces enchanted would be preferably to a binary true/false, so that I can tell if its just that 'one piece they got tonight' or if they're just completely not ready at a glance.

definitely bookmarked though. thanks.

thanks for the feedback, those are very good ideas! Will definitely implement them.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the concept of this. The search boxes are not labeled and are backwards from how they are presented in the recent search field. I tried for 5 minutes thinking guild first box "@" realm second box. When actually the Realm is first and the guild is second. A header for each box would clear that up.

Also, being able to sort by each column would be beneficial, at the minimum avg and equipped iLvl. My thoughts behind using this are to see which raiders have put in the time already getting their gear as high as possible to determine who I would invite to our first 10 man.

Great job though, this is useful.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kronoss View Post
    I made this tool for my guild to check on enchants & iLvl using the WoWAPI.
    It runs fully on the browser using Javascript.

Want to add socket check also to it, but it would molest blizzards armory server if I did, so I decided to wait for them to give developers a more optimal way to do it.

Let me know if you like it / dont like it, what features you want added to it.

Thanks
    Not to be rude but why would I use your site over the armory?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Bug reporting: Just ran it for my guild, I have an enchant missing on my cloak, the tool missed this.

Fantastic idea though, I'd love to see this expanded into other areas, a tracking system for loot acquired etc. Oh, a sorting system for each column would be great.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I like it. Simple presentation, very quick response, all the information that I usually comb the armory for.

The only thing I'd want you to add is a way to sort by ilvl so that I can see all our raiders together and not get distracted by a bunch of our alts who will never be geared anyhow. Or perhaps a way to sort the list into sections - who is below minimum ilvl for heroics, who is below minimum for LFR, that sort of thing.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Because if you want to check all of your raiders at once, you can't do that on the Armory. Using the Armory you'd have to go through person by person to look at their item level and summary. I know how much of a pain it is because I just did it a week ago for my guild to see which of our main raiders were ready to go.

For me, the site isn't working right now. I get nothing coming up, just the Name, Ave Item Leve, etc headers. Even when I click on someone else's "recent searches" link, nothing comes up. Just blank white page on the left side under the headers.

Because when you are looking at the list of your guild in the armory, it doesn't have iLVL column and isEnchanted column.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    For me, the site isn't working right now. I get nothing coming up, just the Name, Ave Item Leve, etc headers. Even when I click on someone else's "recent searches" link, nothing comes up. Just blank white page on the left side under the headers.
    What kind of browser are you using ? I have not tested it with IE yet, for now its only for FireFox & Chrome.

Bug reporting: Just ran it for my guild, I have an enchant missing on my cloak, the tool missed this.

Fantastic idea though, I'd love to see this expanded into other areas, a tracking system for loot acquired etc. Oh, a sorting system for each column would be great.
    Will look into the cloak issue. The idea for tracking loot is a definite goal of mine for this website, also tracking attendance. Thanks for your feedback.

I'm on IE (work computer) and it came up just fine for me.

Nice and useful tool for raid/guild leaders

I really like the look but would love to see an option to sort results (alphabetically is an option but specially the "is fully enchanted" column would be useful to be able to display all "trues" on top and "falses" at the bottom or vice-versa).

Also, a quick note on the site on why some lines appear shaded in red would be good.

Great job! Bookmarked and will be using the tool

Deleted
    Wow, my guild sucks -.-
    Anyway, really nice tool, gj. Still needs some work tho, it would be nice if it would show which enchants for instance and if someone has no empty glyph slots. The one thing that I really miss is a ranking system in it, just being able to sort it on ilvl would be great ^^
    Last edited by mmoc19d4ea8031; 2012-10-11 at 02:47 PM.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    What kind of browser are you using ? I have not tested it with IE yet, for now its only for FireFox & Chrome.
    Tried it with IE and Chrome. It changed the header to read "Wendigo Brewing Co@Alterac Mountains" and has the Name, ETC headers, but nothing came up. On Chrome it just sat there. On IE it eventually popped up a box that said "Oh snap, cant load battle net api."
    [I wouldn't worry about these problems I'm having. Probably a mix between crappy work internet and a browser crash issue on my side, or something. I'll try it when I get home.]

On the plus side, it did come up on my Android phone's browser. The order of the list seems random. It's not alpha, it's not by item level (either column). It's not by Guild Rank. Also, it says there are 62 raiders, guessing that's because there are 62 level 90s in the guild, so it just counts all of them.
    Last edited by Porcell; 2012-10-11 at 03:17 PM.

This is pretty cool OP, a useful tool for sure. Will bookmark for future use.

Edit: Could you possibly make it so that you can sort it by ilvl or the isEnchanted field?
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2012-10-11 at 03:16 PM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I like it, very well done. Maybe just a blonde moment, but what do the red-highlighted rows indicate?

As previously mentioned it would be nice to be able to sort columns (by ilvl, enchants, etc.). Also a numerical representation of enchants would be helpful.

Deleted
    Red rows mean gkick

Red rows mean gkick
    Hehe, thanks for the feedback guys.

Here is my todo list:

* Fix colors (red means enchanted=false, but there is a bug where it gets overwritten by alternating colors of the html table)
    * Add Class icons (or maybe just class colors for the name)
    * Implement Sorting
    * Add rank column
    * Add socket checking (not immediate, need to implement an item backend & database so i won't molest battle.net's api)
    * Add Glyph checking (not immediate)

Notes:
    * Initial order is random, as soon as it gets the data from battle.net it displays it, its just whichever character gets processes first.
    * There is a bug where you need to wait for the processing to finish before searching for another guild. Otherwise the two will overlap.

If you guys have any other ideas, please let me know in bullet points and I will add it to my todo.

really nice, but i'm without belt buckle and it shows me as fully enchanted...

Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    really nice, but i'm without belt buckle and it shows me as fully enchanted...
    Well, belt buckle is not really an enchant, its more of a socket . Will implement this feature when I add socket support

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you guys have any other ideas, please let me know in bullet points and I will add it to my todo.
    I don't know if you missed my post, but on IE:

- no headers over the input fields. The results show Guild @ Server, when the input fields are Server then Guild. It wouldn't work if I typed it the other way