Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Did something very very incredibly stupid, requesting medical advice.

Yesterday I did something very very very stupid and I am regretting it horribly. I do not need to know how idiotic and stupid the thing was. I understand the full scale of it and will never in my life attempt to do anything as idiotic as this again. Please do not ridicule me.

I come to an anonymous forum as I do not want to talk about this publicly for obvious reasons.

Yesterday I tried autoerotic asphyxiation for the first "and only" time with a belt around my neck. It was only for around 1-2 minutes max and I did not pass out. Today I found I was having trouble remembering things I had read 5 seconds before, couldnt remember a specific name I had looked up 3-4 times, forgot it around 20 minutes later each time. Found myself losing my train of thought and couldnt remember what I was thinking about. I also have a "foggy" head like that after smoking weed the "burnout" or hangover of being drunk. Had a loud ringing in my brain for about an hour after "it" was done. Are these effects temporary or permanent. I am young only 20.

Other factors: I have only slept around 12 hours in the past 5 days, as well as the nights the day before and 2 days before the incident had 7 beers each night.

Im no doctor so my advice is worthless but i would guess you are just having anxiety about what you did

if you honestly feel you may have damaged your brain thanks to oxygen deprevation then i would seek medical attention asap

edit* http://www.caregiver.org/caregiver/j...jsp?nodeid=575 looking at that link sounds like your fucked i would seek medical attention ASAP

Take this with a grain of salt, but it sounds like you need to get a lot more sleep.

My advise is to go see the doctor after a full night's rest. Get out of the habit of staying up for long periods of time.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Yea, try sleeping first. It's been found by plenty of researchers that even if you don't feel sleepy, if you are lacking sleep, more than half of your brain can be asleep right now.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-10-11 at 06:55 AM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Drinking, sleep deprivation both can cause oddities, inducing any other physical stress will not help. If you have any problems related to "it" it is BRAIN related, and you NEED to seek medical help, regardless of your pride.

Stop doing stupid shit, and stupid shit won't happen to you.
    Oh aye.

You should be fine. Never do it again.

I've had something like this once before (from staying up all night to prepare for a meeting)... got home and couldn't remember the code to unlock the gate. Was totally freaked out too, but it hasn't happened since.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadpanda23 View Post
    Yesterday I did something very very very stupid and I am regretting it horribly. I do not need to know how idiotic and stupid the thing was. I understand the full scale of it and will never in my life attempt to do anything as idiotic as this again. Please do not ridicule me.

I come to an anonymous forum as I do not want to talk about this publicly for obvious reasons.

Yesterday I tried autoerotic asphyxiation for the first "and only" time with a belt around my neck. It was only for around 1-2 minutes max and I did not pass out. Today I found I was having trouble remembering things I had read 5 seconds before, couldnt remember a specific name I had looked up 3-4 times, forgot it around 20 minutes later each time. Found myself losing my train of thought and couldnt remember what I was thinking about. I also have a "foggy" head like that after smoking weed the "burnout" or hangover of being drunk. Had a loud ringing in my brain for about an hour after "it" was done. Are these effects temporary or permanent. I am young only 20.

Other factors: I have only slept around 12 hours in the past 5 days, as well as the nights the day before and 2 days before the incident had 7 beers each night.
    You're paranoid. The human brain can go 4 mins without brain dmg and it wasn't like your heart stopped you still had some oxygenated blood flowing. I can't remember what its called but theres a sport where people hold there breath underwater for like 7 mins at a time. You're fine dude just get some sleep, if what you said is true about how much youve slept recently you're probably just having micronaps cause you're so tired.

With that little sleep I'd also feel fucked up. You're just being paranoid about your belt trick, it probably didn't do any damage - though next time you're looking for a kick try something not so... drastic

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure you're fine.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Deleted
    Keyboard turner 1 post,by past experience I'm thinking troll,if not maybe get some rest,order your toughts,and try to act a bit more like an adult.

Could be that you need to rest. If oxygen does not get to the brain, it causes brain damage. It's either one of those 2.

As nearly a doctor: you're fine, I would avoid doing it again.
    Get some sleep, try to relax, cut down on your drinking. If anything has actually caused damage (at 1-2 minutes it shouldn't be that bad, people with sleep apnoea get it multiple times a night), it's already done now, so just avoid having it happen again.

Go to a doctor if you'd like, but he won't be able to do anything but suggest a lifestyle change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you have brain damage from oxygen deprivation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Sounds like you have brain damage from oxygen deprivation.
    Which probaly occured before he hang himself while wanking.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadpanda23 View Post
    I did not pass out.
    Passing out is the natural defense mechanism against brain damage from oxygen deprivation. Basically when your brain senses it is being oxygen deprived it goes into state where it shuts down everything it doesn't need to try and keep the vital functions going.

The fact that you did not pass out would indicate that your brain oxygen levels never reached sufficiently low levels to pose a danger. The big problem with autoerotic asphyxiation is that people often pass out while constricting the blood supply to the brain, and they then die because while unconscious they can't release the cause of their strangulation.

I would say the most likely explanation for your post experience symptoms is exertion and the most likely explanation for your memory issues is sleep deprivation and alcohol abuse.

Stop drinking (for a few days at least), and get a few nights of good, solid sleep. If your symptoms still persist go see a doctor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    As others have said, get some solid sleep for a few nights, have a break from the booze for a few nights and you'll probably find you feel much better.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Passing out is the natural defense mechanism against brain damage from oxygen deprivation. Basically when your brain senses it is being oxygen deprived it goes into state where it shuts down everything it doesn't need to try and keep the vital functions going.

The fact that you did not pass out would indicate that your brain oxygen levels never reached sufficiently low levels to pose a danger. The big problem with autoerotic asphyxiation is that people often pass out while constricting the blood supply to the brain, and they then die because while unconscious they can't release the cause of their strangulation.

I would say the most likely explanation for your post experience symptoms is exertion and the most likely explanation for your memory issues is sleep deprivation and alcohol abuse.

Stop drinking (for a few days at least), and get a few nights of good, solid sleep. If your symptoms still persist go see a doctor.
    Quoting this for visibility. Regardless of what we think of what the OP did, the dude is pretty fucking worried. He will very likely be fine, and as someone who basically gave himself an anxiety attack, because I thought I was having a heart attack (too much caffeine), I can say first hand that worrying makes shit like this much, much worse. Get some sleep dude, you'll be fine.
    Mea Culpa Lord Valthalak.