[Holy] Mastery or Haste?

I haven't played my Paladin since Firelands. Either way I'm healing again in Mists of Pandaria and I joined a new guild. I'm trying to be my best here since I'm trialed. I did LFR and I was pulling 40 - 50 thousand HPS and even more sometimes. My mana management was pretty good and I regened pretty quickly. I was definetly top heals. Sometimes by 10k +. I went with Mastery for that. I'm just wondering if I should do Haste instead and will I do better.

ARMORY - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...abitude/simple

still working on some gear. Please tell me if I can do anything better.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 08:10 AM ----------

HPS sorry not DPS
    Last edited by ExLancer; 2012-10-11 at 08:10 AM.

Deleted
    You can find some info on the Noxxic site. It says Spirit > Intellect > Mastery >= Haste > Crit. Sorry I can't post a link for you but you can just google noxxic it will come up, some good guides there ^^

Just max spirit and then reforge all to mastery. I try both haste and mastery and mastery is bit better.

You can change Thousand-Year Pickled Egg to regen trinket, Vial of Ichorous Blood is way better than egg.

I also use enchant heartsong on progression is way better than windsong.
    Last edited by Psionicist; 2012-10-11 at 10:28 AM.

What Im having a hard time understanding is, if our haste is last priority, wouldnt it take too long to cast a heal when the tank is holding quite a few mobs? I cant have people dying :\. Can someone chime in and let me know what Im missing in this priority so I can understand why better?

Quote Originally Posted by Eekumpokeum View Post
    What Im having a hard time understanding is, if our haste is last priority, wouldnt it take too long to cast a heal when the tank is holding quite a few mobs? I cant have people dying :\. Can someone chime in and let me know what Im missing in this priority so I can understand why better?
    If the tank is taking a lot of damage, you should hit him with Hand of Sacrifice or Devotion Aura to buy you some time, or Lay on Hands to fix the problem. Or if you have the time, use one of your own CDs and hit him with Holy Shock followed up by a 1hp Wog / eternal flame then go for the longer cast. Hopefully the tank is also using some of his own CDs.

In general I don't find the long cast time of Divine light to be too bad.

Deleted
    Can someone chime in and let me know what Im missing in this priority so I can understand why better?
    Sadly haste also increases the amount of mana spent per minute (due to casting more) compared to having more int/mastery (throughput), spirit (regen) or crit (unreliable throughput).

It might be your last priority but that doesn't mean you won't have any haste. Going all mastery you're probably only losing 0.1/0.2 seconds of a cast.

Glad this is on the first page. There isn't a whole lot of math out there for holy pallies. And, frankly, I'm horrid at math. I'm currently going for mastery over haste as a starter build plus I'm sort of enjoying making mastery a priority over haste because haste has been the go to for so long.

Anyhow, It's my understanding there may be a soft cap for haste to bring the time down to be able to use Glyph of Divine Plea more effectively. Can anyone confirm this?

Second question, is there a haste soft cap for extra ticks of the Light's Hammer healing proc? Similar to a haste soft cap in previous expansions for extra ticks of radiance.

I'm a huge fan of haste build but mastery is just a bit better right now... with first tier regen more haste=more mana you are spending and w/ mastery you are getting more throughput from each cast. I was chanting heartsong on my weap untill I got past 10k unbuffed spirit and now I'm back to windsong.

Windsong has some pretty rediculous uptime and is better than heartsong becuase of the hpm boost.

Am also interested in Light's hammer haste thresholds.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    Windsong has some pretty rediculous uptime and is better than heartsong becuase of the hpm boost.

Am also interested in Light's hammer haste thresholds.
    Windsong can affect 3 different stats atm if I'm not mistaken. I'd take it all day over heartsong

Also, I agree mastery for now...later on with more gear I think a balance between mastery/haste will be great, but rgen is just key right now for me.

I'd use Heartsong over Windsong. And I was also a haste guru forever and mastery is better in this xpac

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Uni View Post
    Windsong can affect 3 different stats atm if I'm not mistaken. I'd take it all day over heartsong

Also, I agree mastery for now...later on with more gear I think a balance between mastery/haste will be great, but rgen is just key right now for me.
    And all three have seperate ICD's proc chances, you can have all 3 up often.

And all three have seperate ICD's proc chances, you can have all 3 up often.
    Is this confirmed?

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Is this confirmed?
    Just look on WoL, it's very rare but it's possible. I've seen two up at once but not 3, but I'm pretty sure it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlolz View Post
    Just look on WoL, it's very rare but it's possible. I've seen two up at once but not 3, but I'm pretty sure it's possible.
    I've had 3. During Feng, I looked up and noticed 3 blue wave buffs. Pretty sweet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would take into account who you are healing with also. Mastery build doesn't seem to synergize with my 2 others or at least they're not taking it into account very well so are panic healing and wasting mana and cooldowns incorrectly. So I'm rolling with haste and seeing better results but I won't deny I'm seeing 'bigger numbers' with Mastery... but more deaths, so that can't happen. So until those two get a grip I'm keeping the tanks alive mostly and seeing a better level of 'alive' through keeping mastery and haste more in line.

If you're in a 25man though the choice is obvious, mastery all the way, all day.

Also Windsong definitely has separate proccs for all 3 secondary stats, it's pretty suh-weet when you see 2+ procc.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    I would take into account who you are healing with also. Mastery build doesn't seem to synergize with my 2 others or at least they're not taking it into account very well so are panic healing and wasting mana and cooldowns incorrectly.
    Sounds like a l2p issue.

If you don't go spirit/mastery for heroics, you're gonna have a bad time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a l2p issue.
    They're lower than me (the other healers), our usual 2 healers are on vacation and these other two are proving... slower.

So I'm having to overcompensate and yeah the only way I've managed to do it is with some added haste. I wish I knew more about how holy priest works this expansion so I can tell them what they're doing wrong. But that should be up to them.

Our tanks also are on a bit of a steep learning curve it seems. But hey stuff is dying, so I can't complain too much(I still do, just in game), Just leaving this testament here for people who have some dummies in their raids for whatever reasons and aren't seeing the survivability they need.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.