Deleted

BM pet choice regarding pure damage.

Hello,

I would like to know wich pet is the most beneficial to a BM hunter.
    I know it basicaly comes down to whatever buff the raid is missing, but let's say i'm questing and i want a pet wich does the highest damage.
    Also one wich gives me the most damage during stampede in a raid environment.

Thanks for your answers.

Ferocity pets are all the same dps.

I usually go for Sporebat, wolf, spirit beast cat, raptor, and hyena depends what raid buff/debuff are missing

For leveling, i use sporebat as tank as survival. Usually i could go for turtle.

Deleted
    Sporebat... it does ridiculous damage.
    Trust me, I'm an engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    Ferocity pets are all the same dps.

I usually go for Sporebat, wolf, spirit beast cat, raptor, and hyena depends what raid buff/debuff are missing

For leveling, i use sporebat as tank as survival. Usually i could go for turtle.
    Sporebat is useless for a hunter, though, 5% spell haste ^_^.
    Best pet for questing is a wolf, hyena, or cat depending on your preference.
    Best pet setup for stampede is wolf/hyena/cat/corehound/whatever gives 12% armor debuff (forgot) for questing. 5% crit, 10% IAS, Mastery, Bloodlust, and armor reduc on enemy.

Is it still worth using a worm for burrow attack or did they nerf that to much?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Sporebat is useless for a hunter
    Blasphemy.

i use a quillen for battle ress in 25 man raids, same pet for solo cause of crit buff and whatever is missing 10 mans I switch pet accordingly.
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What about shale spiders solo? Does the extra agility beat out the crit or mastery from a wolf or a cat?

I am using a Spirit beast just cause it will heal itself whole soloing.

My team is - Water Strider (crit) - Boar (4% damage taken) - Hyena (windfurry) - Spirit Beast (mastery) - Raptor (12% armor reduction)
    Last edited by Nemesis003; 2012-10-11 at 05:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sporebat. Simple as that. Just, sporebat.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Sporebat. Simple as that. Just, sporebat.
    This is true, video explains it:

But honestly, they are not the same DPS if some bring buffs and some don't, or different kind of buffs. In a raid environment this may not matter, solo or in dungeons it does.

Deleted
    can someone explain the sporebat thing? i am sure its some inside joke as ive never seen a hunter with a sporebat :<

OT: i really like my Rhino! he has a cool knockback which is just so fun to use.

Deleted
    As Draco mentioned earlier the best choices for solo are wolf (crit) > cat (mastery) > hyena (haste) in terms of the best possible buff for the hunter.
    I tend to use a spirit beast for solo as the heal comes in quite handy, or a hyena as mostly i AoE everything, and the extra haste gives me a lot more MS, and allows me to keep beast cleave close to 100% uptime.

In raid environment you just fill in the missing buff, if there is more then one have the missing pet buff stabled so you can get a fully buffed raid for some time, and as it should be saved for BL unless it would cos you and extra cast filling more then one missing buff/debuff on BL can be a great increase for your raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Can't go wrong with a sporebat .