Deleted

Anyone got tips for tanking Elegon 10 man normal?

My guilds on Elegon and from what i read he's a tough one. is there any tips/help from choosing talents and why there better than the other ones? tanking this fight looks like its a fun one and any help would be great.

Deleted
    Nothing special, run the usual spec (3-x-3-2-2-3, add Alabaster Shield, Focused & Final Wrath as glyphs), be quick on tanking the protector and the other adds. Try to time HotR with the dragon breath and Protector explosion and gg.

Not sure why you dont recommend battlehealer glyph, the healing it pumps out is awesome, also Speed of Light can help you to reset your stacks/get back to the boss after the p3 ends, and having Holy Avenger can help get you out of a tight spot too
    Last edited by Firegalus; 2012-10-11 at 10:39 AM.

Despair are recruiting see RecuitPost for details or visit http://www.eu-despair.com

Deleted
    The fight is about dps in p3 where there is no need to reset stacks, pop BL, pop cds+potion and burst him. We found Speed of light horrible: melees follow the tanks to dps Protector and if you move too fast they can't do that, Pursuit of Justice is way better.
    Holy Avenger can be good, but I still prefer longer wings

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastermind999 View Post
    Nothing special, run the usual spec (3-x-3-2-2-3, add Alabaster Shield, Focused & Final Wrath as glyphs), be quick on tanking the protector and the other adds. Try to time HotR with the dragon breath and Protector explosion and gg.
    I much prefer a 2-x-3-2-2 build. I feel like the judgement speed bonus is alot more beneficial if used properly and Lights Hammer is obvious. Dont know why any tank would ever want the execution sentence.

Battle Healer glyph is just insane, the fight is not a dps race so replace focused shield. Helping healers is key, we beat it by 2 min to enrage with slack dps.

Focused shield is incredibly stupid either way, since if done properly you can use avenger shield on every set of adds in P2 and hit all 3 adds for 200k instantly.

Why would he HoTR for the explosion and breath? Makes 0 sense.

My tips would be:

1. Stack up bastion and when add explodes word of glory yourself for insta 100% hp.
    2. Make sure you have avenger shield for every add spawn in P2 and use it on an add on the edge instantly to hit all 3 adds.
    3. Get a druid to use symbiosis on you, spam that wrath.
    4. Use your GoAK a bit after p3 ends when you have to tank both boss and adds.

Rest is fairly simple and straight forward, no need to over complicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    1. Stack up bastion and when add explodes word of glory yourself for insta 100% hp.
    I guess it's alright to do if you want just to get into the habit, but doesn't the explosion only need to be eaten on heroic? And even then, not all of them by the same person.
    Last edited by Elathi; 2012-10-12 at 05:06 AM.

Deleted
    I much prefer a 2-x-3-2-2 build. I feel like the judgement speed bonus is alot more beneficial if used properly and Lights Hammer is obvious. Dont know why any tank would ever want the execution sentence.

Battle Healer glyph is just insane, the fight is not a dps race so replace focused shield. Helping healers is key, we beat it by 2 min to enrage with slack dps.

Focused shield is incredibly stupid either way, since if done properly you can use avenger shield on every set of adds in P2 and hit all 3 adds for 200k instantly.

Why would he HoTR for the explosion and breath? Makes 0 sense.

My tips would be:

2. Make sure you have avenger shield for every add spawn in P2 and use it on an add on the edge instantly to hit all 3 adds.
    3. Get a druid to use symbiosis on you, spam that wrath.
    4. Use your GoAK a bit after p3 ends when you have to tank both boss and adds.

Rest is fairly simple and straight forward, no need to over complicate.
    Sorry not HotR, but SotR during breath and add explosion.
    As for the rest: I used Battle Healer glyph, but I'm not a great fan of it. Next time I'll give a try with 3 dps gain glyphs and I think we'll be good.
    I don't really see why you need to use Light's Hammer unless you're not familiar with the mechanics: when tanking Elegon you stand still while the Protector is not, so you lose dps on both on them, ES is by far a dps gain.
    Focused Shield is my first source of damage so it is a wonderful choice, but it's all about personal choice, if your dps slacks then it is needed.
    BTW, never call me stupid again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastermind999 View Post
    Sorry not HotR, but SotR during breath and add explosion.
    As for the rest: I used Battle Healer glyph, but I'm not a great fan of it. Next time I'll give a try with 3 dps gain glyphs and I think we'll be good.
    I don't really see why you need to use Light's Hammer unless you're not familiar with the mechanics: when tanking Elegon you stand still while the Protector is not, so you lose dps on both on them, ES is by far a dps gain.
    Focused Shield is my first source of damage so it is a wonderful choice, but it's all about personal choice, if your dps slacks then it is needed.
    BTW, never call me stupid again
    The fight is not a dps race. It is about executing tactics properly and people not dieng. I often use the hammer in solely defensive healing purposes. It is also great to put up during P2 to hit 3 of the adds. Focused shield is simply not worth it, you will do more damage without focused shield due to the sheer amount of multiple target hits. When a protector spawns on the "wrong" side of elegon, you can always time to your AS hits bot elegon and the add.
    During P2 you can instantly take down 20-50% of the HP of 3 adds every single time. Even if it may not be necessary with your raid setup, it will allow DPS to kill adds faster and return to the boss faster which ultimately give your raid more dps than a 30% increase to your AS.
    Also very good for the small adds the spawn during the pylon phase.

Also, SoTR does nothing for breath and explosion. It is just physical damage reduction.

For me wrath was my main damage output doing over 45% of my damage.

Ended the fight on about 105-110k dps which put me as third damage dealer in our group.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 10:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elathi View Post
    I guess it's alright to do if you want just to get into the habit, but doesn't the explosion only need to be eaten on heroic? And even then, not all of them by the same person.
    The add explosion is raid wide even in normal mode. And will hurt the tank tanking the boss alot.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2012-10-12 at 10:54 AM.

Deleted
    I suppose we can agree to disagree. Mostly it just depends on tactics your guild use, my guild approach Elegon as a dps race and I act accordingly
    If you take a look at wol, some of top prot paladin are using glyph of avenger shield, some are using holy prism, a few Light's Hammer. I am one of the very few who used Glyph of Battle healer tho and ranked

The add explosion is raid wide even in normal mode. And will hurt the tank tanking the boss alot.
    Oh, guess I read it wrong, then.
    Last edited by Elathi; 2012-10-12 at 12:22 PM.