Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Both, I think. Every monster ends up there, but so far I think they've only shown vamps and Leviathan. It makes sense, as they're probably the two largest populations of monsters in the Supernatural universe. The latest episode where Sam does the second trial, it was completely vampires, but the flashbacks with Castiel were almost solely Leviathan with maybe one or two exceptions. Even though they're not always getting the time to open their mouths since they're basically still the same cannon fodder from last season, any time you see a glob of black sludge suddenly slam into the ground, it's a Levi. I actually really like the way they appear like that, but I sill wish they were a bit more of a threat.
    Guess I never noticed the black sludge during any of these later episodes. I'll have to keep a closer eye out for it.

Quote Originally Posted by nimryas View Post
    I keep on watching the series but they're puttint too much story in the series, I hated the fact that Sam wasnt going all out demon anymore his powers were pretty awesome and kind of dark-sided, I still hope that will make its return. The whole thing about the old gun and them demons was pretty cool, didnt like the leviathan saga.. to me it didnt seem like it was a well written story that could merge into the already excisting story line..

And now with the angel crap, its OK I guess but not as good as it used to be.. In general the series seems kind of random as to what happens and what kind of story will unfold.
    As I said earlier, this makes sense as it is a new writer. Basically the original writer of the show quit after I think season 5 and they got someone new. This new person says they have story for 10 seasons of the show. I tried to find the article I remember reading but couldn't but I did find this one that explains it pretty well. http://screenrant.com/supernatural-s...jeremy-carver/

Well I am reviving my old thread because the season just ended.

And in my opinion. Holy hell, what a finale. I highly recommend you watch this season. Maybe it doesn't top season 5.
    But with everything that is happening, it sure it back on the right track. It probably is my second favourite season. Which is very good.
    Basicly, the whole game is changing.

Anyone else with an opinion about the finale?

I quite enjoyed this season, even though seasons 6-7 were quite boring. One peeve i have though is with the current season finale.
    I thought all characters behaved way way off. First, we got naomi who was always so full of herself suddenly being extra friendly. Then we have Crowley who is begging to be saved. I mean, i know he's being trapped, but begging? really? Last but not least, given a choice to "get rid of all demons forever" or "save his brother, who has already died before, and will probably die again quite soon" dean chooses the latter. I mean, brolove and all that, but bigger picture anyone? I honestly do not agree. Plus, the sudden vengeance of the Scribe - ... He's been away hiding for thousands of years, not giving a shit, then suddenly he wants to banish everyone. Okay.

Is it an interesting twist and something i might look forward to? Sure. Is this something that i would consider well done & well written? Fuck no.
    We dream, we dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    I quite enjoyed this season, even though seasons 6-7 were quite boring. One peeve i have though is with the current season finale.
    Then we have Crowley who is begging to be saved. I mean, i know he's being trapped, but begging? really?
    But remember what the blood is meant to do, it's meant to turn the demon human. In the episode before, when the Father was doing his last experimenter, the demon was behaving a lot differently throughout being injected. But I do agree with the "brother or get rid of all the demons". I thought Sam should have did it, but it wouldn't make a good season 9 without demons I suppose.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    But remember what the blood is meant to do, it's meant to turn the demon human. In the episode before, when the Father was doing his last experimenter, the demon was behaving a lot differently throughout being injected. But I do agree with the "brother or get rid of all the demons". I thought Sam should have did it, but it wouldn't make a good season 9 without demons I suppose.
    Perhaps i wasnt clear. I wasnt talking about crowley begging after being cured. Im talking about him begging demons for help. THAT was way out of character
    We dream, we dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    Perhaps i wasnt clear. I wasnt talking about crowley begging after being cured. Im talking about him begging demons for help. THAT was way out of character
    Really?
    He always was lowest of the lowest. He was getting more cocky with the season, but in the beginning he always was weak. He sucked up to Cas with souls and even to the Leviathans.

Quote Originally Posted by Extrakt View Post
    Really?
    He always was lowest of the lowest. He was getting more cocky with the season, but in the beginning he always was weak. He sucked up to Cas with souls and even to the Leviathans.
    Disagree. He always looked for help or alliances etc, but never ever begged. Using is fine, showing weakness isnt. Oh well i just thought that didnt fit him :<
    We dream, we dream.

Deleted
    It's still an alright show. I just pretend it ended when sam fell in to hell with lucifer and michael and that its a different show.

Still at least the current story line isn't Leviathans or Eve, eve was the worst.

Deleted
    That last episode didn't have the flow of a finale at all, it feels like nothing was resolved at all.

Yeah, I think I'd agree in saying that the finale didn't really solve anything. And while I found the twist to be somewhat interesting, IMO it was on the lower end of finale twists. Leaves a little to be desired.

I really like the finale myself. I think this entire season has been on track like it hasn't been since season 5. The expansion of the world introducing new creatures, the most probably being the non bad guy ones and even some of the new villains.

Crowley losing his composure was fine it didn't bother me. He's has always tucked his tail between his legs when things are bad for him. Typically though yes most witnesses are dead by this point so he is only doing it in front of the brothers. But more importantly I can't wait till next season to get some serious Abaddon vs Crowley.

As for them not choosing to close the doors to hell I'm also fine with that and never believed that they would. They've sacrificed a lot for the cause they should be allowed a pass. Some feel that it left the season with the feeling of nothing accomplished, but not all season go out with a big win, and yea this was more of a lose season for them. Also it's to final to the story, I mean if that occurred the next big thing would be vampire extinction, which could be accomplished. After that werewolves could go, then really all you'd have left was ghosts as a major threat and where would you go. But I don't think the brothers would go there, I think they are realizing that you can have good monsters like Benny.

As for Sam not being demon blood empowered anymore I think its been a good development of the character, but there is always the chance that he could dip into it again, I mean if he got desperate enough I could see him doing it to save Dean. But I'm glad that it was on the back burner for awhile, and wouldn't complain if it came into the story again.

Cool new things this season:
    Men of Letters + Winchester Batcave
    Abaddon
    Garth (aka the new Bobby, though I still miss the old)
    Benny
    Kate (the werewolf chick, I'd like her to be like a Benny)
    the Golem
    Teen Hunter Trio

Things I don't like this season:
    Kevin Trans complaining, he needs to just accept his new life.
    Benny trapped back in Purgatory- I want him back D:

you like Garth? I dislike him so much, same with that hunter trio teen.

I don't know, we need some old farts in here, like Rufus and Bobby.

Deleted
    I've enjoyed pretty much every episode in every season, and i watched them all like 7 times so big yay for me :P The only thing i miss is some of the earlier supporting characters like the ppl at the roadhouse and i would like some more baddies like Azazel and Alastair

10+ Year Old Account
    Season 8 hasn't been the strongest season, but overall i've enjoyed it.

The first half of the season struggled with the purgatory story being a little weak, and the flashbacks to Sam's time with Amelia were just BORING, but the last half of the season has been really good and the final 5 minutes of this episode were jaw droppingly amazing. The angels falling was really cool.

The men of letters + Abaddon was awesome, and i wish they had explored them more. Hopefully s9.

I'm going to rewatch supernatural s1-8 in the hiatus
    Hi

Love the serie and i loved the first 5 seasons or so( still like it though but not as much), what i loved is Sam and Dean doing random jobs all over the place, now it's just the same all the time.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    what i loved is Sam and Dean doing random jobs all over the place.
    yah now that i think about it, there weren't that many good Monster of the Week filler episodes in Season 8, or at least good memorable ones.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    yah now that i think about it, there weren't that many good Monster of the Week filler episodes in Season 8, or at least good memorable ones.
    True, only the golem story comes to mind at the moment. You could argue Abbadon was one, but it's clear she is meant for much bigger in season 9.

It seems like some of the people here didn't like season 7. I loved the Leviathans! Dick Roman is probably my favorite bad-guy in the series!

Anyway, I loved the way the current season ended. I can't wait to see what they do with it!
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Depends how you want to classify this. The cartoon episode I thought was pretty good. The LARP episode was hysterical in my opinion (Dean giving the braveheart speech c'mon..). You already mentioned the golem episode. The witch/familiar episode was mildly entertaining as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    The LARP episode was hysterical in my opinion (Dean giving the braveheart speech c'mon..)
    yeah the LARP one was good, felicia day is always nice to see. i like her relationship with Dean.

Random thought, but the world of supernatural in a nut shell is that every single religion or myth or legend or half remembered dream is actually real and exists at odds with each other, yet never really conflict with each other and the public is still after all this time in the dark about what is in the dark?

how do you cover up the angels falling will be interesting to see how that is done.
    Hi