Deleted

Blood Tanking Dual wielding?

Hi guys! =)

Today I went Frost for the first time in a Heroic to try my DPS (My mainspec is Blood), to my surprise I ended up with a Blood DK tanking and he was dual wielding two one-handed swords.

Now my question is, is this viable?
    I remember a time where it weren't suitable for a Blood DK..
    Any feedback here would be much appreciated.

Deleted
    Unfortunately that still isn't viable. The stats provided with 2H weapons outweigh anything given by two one handed weapons!

Deleted
    Apart from the stats given from a 2handed weapon, is there any specific reason why this wouldn't be viable? Such as DS would hit for less and your mastery shield would absorb less? (Now that's just an assumption I have but i'm not entirely sure)?

Thanks for your reply!

Deleted
    It's less dps and with tanks topping meters this tier (at least until everyone is decked in purples) their dps matters a lot.

it's only "viable" when you're soloing, using 2x souldrinkers and need hp regen proc over DPS (very niche). Otherwise you shouldn't use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    All I see is responses of I shouldn't use it, could you guys please give me specific reasons as of why I shouldn't?
    Please give me some downsides apart from a bit more DPS or Stats. I don't bother to much about my DPS as long as it's still pretty decent and as long as my stats won't get lowered by a lot =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxic View Post
    I don't bother to much about my DPS as long as it's still pretty decent and as long as my stats won't get lowered by a lot =)
    What's "pretty decent" and "lowered a lot"? We already gave you an rather important point, if you tend to ignore it that's not our concern. The game is about min-/maxing until you have everything on farm or clearly outgear content. And don't forget about threat generation, if your tanking partner bypasses you by 10% after you taunted the boss it will most likely screw things up.

easy enough to explain this by explaining why frost (the only viable 1 hand spec for a dk) can work

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=66192

without this even frost wouldnt work with 1 handers. all of your attacks are "weapon dmg" based, so using a 2 hander will cause mroe dmg.

this has nothing to do with DS healing, as this is based on damage taken.

Deleted
    Thanks! Now that's what I call useful information

Quote Originally Posted by haravovadia View Post
    easy enough to explain this by explaining why frost (the only viable 1 hand spec for a dk) can work

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=66192

without this even frost wouldnt work with 1 handers. all of your attacks are "weapon dmg" based, so using a 2 hander will cause mroe dmg.

this has nothing to do with DS healing, as this is based on damage taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxic View Post
    All I see is responses of I shouldn't use it, could you guys please give me specific reasons as of why I shouldn't?
    Please give me some downsides apart from a bit more DPS or Stats. I don't bother to much about my DPS as long as it's still pretty decent and as long as my stats won't get lowered by a lot =)
    you get less stats on DW than 2H, and even using 2 runeforges doesn't help (since 1h runeforge is 50% of 2h runeforge).
    Your autoattacks miss more often due to higher hit needed, and not having nerves of cold steel (less scent of blood procs)
    Your DPS is lower due to not having Threat of Tassarian. All your abilities use only the dmg from main hand, so off hand practically does only auto attack dmg.

There is not a single plus side to DW over 1H in any regular piece of content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Thanks ^.^ I think i've had a pretty clear answer by now!
    *Bows*

you will gimp your dps and threat generation by alot ( in a raid scenario this could cause a tank swap to fail as the other thank would promptly overaggro again) the only thing that made it viable once was threat of thassarian which haven't available to tanks for ages.