possible issue with my naga

So I use a razer naga and absolutely love it, except for one thing. While in game fighting it sometimes opens my chat window withoit me pressing enter or r. This is soooo frustrating as nothing then casts and all my keys I'm trying to push looks like I'm just smashing random keys in the chat window. I've tried my old mouse and it doesn't happen but rather use my naga. This issue caused us a wipe the other night and so hopefully there's some help here with this!
    It's an MMO forum, not a college classroom. You might as well start trying to educate people on the total imbalance and prejudice nature of tether ball and it's complete disregard for the vertically challenged.

Deleted
    Your Razer Naga opens your chat window? What keybinds are you using?

I just use.the standard 1-12 buttons on the side.
    It's an MMO forum, not a college classroom. You might as well start trying to educate people on the total imbalance and prejudice nature of tether ball and it's complete disregard for the vertically challenged.

Deleted
    Numpad or 123 mode?
    What are your keybindings on those keys in WoW?
    Are you using the Razer Naga addon? (I don't, I hate it)
    What is the position of your chat pane? Do you actualy move around your cursor or do you leave it hanging in one corner?

(I need more info to work with, from what I know so far it could be anything)
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2012-10-11 at 02:18 PM.

I use the 123 mode. No naga add-on. I do use the mouse in game to move the cursor and to turn player and camera. My UI is pretty unchanged from the default ui. Chat window is is original location. I use the side buttons for my spa and tank toons and just have abilities on the 123 bar, no macros.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazur View Post
    I use the 123 mode. No naga add-on. I do use the mouse in game to move the cursor and to turn player and camera. My UI is pretty unchanged from the default ui. Chat window is is original location. I use the side buttons for my spa and tank toons and just have abilities on the 123 bar, no macros.
    Now that's weird that it opens your chat window then, this happens how often? (you mention it happens in combat, there might <This is me making a wild guess> be a possibility that you accidentally hover over the chat panel during fights and left click)

PS: I'm looking around the web for similar issues, so far haven't found any
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2012-10-11 at 03:02 PM.

I don't use.left mouse button but hardly. I do keep my right button held down a lot to turn and strafe, but that's it. I thought it could have been me hitting something but I've been concious of it and my mouse hasn't been close to the chat window. Weird I guess...

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 09:44 AM ----------

Also I could be talking to someone on real id and no message from them on my log, but.it will come up. Does this for real id and whispers too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazur View Post
    So I use a razer naga and absolutely love it, except for one thing. While in game fighting it sometimes opens my chat window withoit me pressing enter or r. This is soooo frustrating as nothing then casts and all my keys I'm trying to push looks like I'm just smashing random keys in the chat window. I've tried my old mouse and it doesn't happen but rather use my naga. This issue caused us a wipe the other night and so hopefully there's some help here with this!
    Your naga has a small switch at the bottom, with to settings. "Num" or "123" I believe. Your naga is set to "Num" (numpad mode) which converts your pressed buttons to Numpad buttons. Your issue is that your numpad lock is off, which forces your naga to convert its side buttons to things like insert, end, etc.

If I recall right, it's "End" that is an auto-reply button for the chat box. Either that or Delete. That's your problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
    Your naga has a small switch at the bottom, with to settings. "Num" or "123" I believe. Your naga is set to "Num" (numpad mode) which converts your pressed buttons to Numpad buttons. Your issue is that your numpad lock is off, which forces your naga to convert its side buttons to things like insert, end, etc.

If I recall right, it's "End" that is an auto-reply button for the chat box. Either that or Delete. That's your problem.
    That explains (I've always used the Numpad mode :P)