[Update] My Stray Cat

So posted here... http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-adopt-me-Tips

I had to make an update.
    Well, I took the cat to the vet and found out many things, its a He, is neutered, and is about 3-5 years old. He is fairly healthy, has ear mites which I got dose of something to help with. The vet took pictures and will post on their Facebook and make some flyers themselves, but they have no hope that anyone is looking for him.
    I am giving it about 2 weeks and then I will formally adopt him and get him all the tests and shots he needs. Now to find a good way of introducing him to the indoors of my house, the vet said he was probably an indoor cat, so I'm sure he'd be more comfortable in here.

Deleted
    Yay, glad everything's okay and ear mites is nothing serious and it should go away son enough.

Also, I was right, it's a he!

I hope everything goes well for you and the cat, and yes it's true, there's probably 0 people looking for that cat.

Sounds like a nice gift. Grats to your new cat!
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excellent! At least he's in good shape. And neutered means he was already a pet, most likely, so it shouldn't be too difficult to acclimate him to your lifestyle!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's really nice that you didn't just shun the kitty and ended up going through the effort to make sure he is healthy and isn't being missed by anyone. I look forward to learning what the final outcome is in a couple weeks. It's obvious that you deserve to keep him not only because he found you, but also because if he does in fact have an owner, they aren't taking very good care of him.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you end up taking it, how's that gonna work with your dogs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    When my dog was still alive he did well with cats, he actually loved my cats and slept with them everyday, but he was always around cats since he was born so maybe he was okay with that, but I don't think there would be a problem with his dogs.

If there is, just put them in separate rooms and let the dogs out at some hour, then put them back in and let the cat out and do that to infinity.

And you could always try and put them together some times and see how it goes, with you around of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I have 2 dogs, a Scotty who is 8 and a Schnauzer who is 3. I'm not worried about the Scotty in the slightest, he is very well behaved, my Schnauzer I think will have to get used to the cat, he isn't a bad dog so I think he'll be Ok after a little bit, maybe after a couple smacks to the face from that cat haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Now to find a good way of introducing him to the indoors of my house, the vet said he was probably an indoor cat, so I'm sure he'd be more comfortable in here.
    This is going to sounds messed up, but it works. Put the cat in your laundry drier for 10 seconds and no matter where he is in the house after that he will be glad to not be in the drier and will be comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    I have 2 dogs, a Scotty who is 8 and a Schnauzer who is 3. I'm not worried about the Scotty in the slightest, he is very well behaved, my Schnauzer I think will have to get used to the cat, he isn't a bad dog so I think he'll be Ok after a little bit, maybe after a couple smacks to the face from that cat haha.
    Yeah, schnauzers can be a bit aggressive. But for the most part, if a cat can get off the ground (up on a chair or something), they'll be left alone.

Only advice, if you haven't brought the cat inside yet, is put your dogs somewhere to give the cat time to explore. Show it where the food and litter box will be (may have to elevate both... dogs will eat cat poop. eww). Let it get comfortable before bringing in the dogs.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Yeah, schnauzers can be a bit aggressive. But for the most part, if a cat can get off the ground (up on a chair or something), they'll be left alone.

Only advice, if you haven't brought the cat inside yet, is put your dogs somewhere to give the cat time to explore. Show it where the food and litter box will be (may have to elevate both... dogs will eat cat poop. eww). Let it get comfortable before bringing in the dogs.
    Agreed. Give the cat a day or two by himself to adjust and then introduce the dogs. If you can find a baby gate that would be great! They can see and smell each other but it should be high enough that they can't jump over it.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.