Poll: Poll

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Is Illidan evil?

Just curious on your opinions, since Blizzard hinted he's obviously returning, why not discuss his alignment?

More like chaotic neutral. In other words; insane.

He and Wrathion could have been the best of bros

Quote Originally Posted by Xavas View Post
    More like chaotic neutral. In other words; insane.
    Yep. He's in a gray area.

...since Blizzard hinted he's obviously returning...
    How can a hint mean he's obviously returning? All we have is that a lot of fans would like to see him return.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

No, just psycho atm

He's not evil, just misguided and misunderstood. Everything he did was for the good of his people, he just couldn't see the negative consequences of his actions.

-Recreating the well - So his people would have a fount of energy to fight the Burning Legion should it return
    -Drinking the demon blood - To become strong enough to fight the Legion
    -Using the skull of Guldan - To destroy the Lich King

Siding with Azshara was his only real misstep, but he realized it at the end and essentially saved the world from Sargeras.

He's also my best friend :|
    Last edited by Bathory; 2012-10-11 at 06:17 PM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

No not a pure evil, like the Old Gods evil...Illidan, if you read the lore is a sorely misguided dude who's heartbroken. He may dislike or even hate his brother but theres far worse evils in Azeroth than him
    Warriors in PvP are like small hyperactive children in a candy shop made of bouncy castle.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's just insane from being too emo. One of my favorite characters though.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan is the perfect WoW demon hunter. Fire to fight fire, and damn the consequences.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    He wasn't so bad when he was a Night Elf, I think. Like the Blood Elves, Illidan craved power. It was this lust for power that drove him to insanity. Arthas tricked him into obtaining the Skull of Gul'dan which turned him into a demon.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Illidan IS evil. Whether pure or not, it doesn't matter, you didn't ask if he was the root of all evil, or personification of, just if he was evil and his actions prove he is evil, whether how much or how little is irrelevant. He may be misguided, but then again, so was Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader (proven villain), Arthas Menethil/Lich King (proven villain), and so on. Illidan wanted to destroy The Lich King not because it was the right thing to do, but because Kil Jae'den ordered him and he did so out of fear, and then he failed, went crazy, and took off into Outland to sulk, take over The Black Temple by enslaving Broken and raise fel orcs. That's not evil!? Even before that, during the War of the Ancients, he forsake his own morals and principles in exchange for power with a facade that he was doing it for his own people. Like Arthas, Illidan is just a very cool, but anti-hero-like-figure that stands out from the pack of good guys so people cheer for him. He wasn't wholly evil like Sargeras, or an Old God, but he was evil by human/mortal standards.

Deleted
    Illidan is certainly not evil, although he's done a few evil deeds in his lifetime. Most of those actions were for the greater good.

I'd say he's more evil than Garrosh though. So it's funny that many people here voted that Illidan isn't evil, while in other threads the majority votes that Garrosh is evil. Does that make Garrosh worse than Illidan? Because that can't be, Illidan has commited much worse crimes.

It just doesn't add up.

I can totally see demon hunters being a class if Illidan returns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Super emo, somewhat insane, and somewhat misguided. Evil is a little strong, but I wouldn't exactly call him a force for good either. He's somewhere stuck in the middle. If he does come back, I hope he is presented as a rogue element that allies with us, similar to Wrathion as mentioned earlier.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Illidan is certainly not evil, although he's done a few evil deeds in his lifetime. Most of those actions were for the greater good.

I'd say he's more evil than Garrosh though. So it's funny that many people here voted that Illidan isn't evil, while in other threads the majority votes that Garrosh is evil. Does that make Garrosh worse than Illidan? Because that can't be, Illidan has commited much worse crimes.

It just doesn't add up.
    Stupidity is the biggest crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post

It just doesn't add up.
    Just because Illidan committed worse crimes than Garrosh doesn't mean that Illidan is more evil than him. I took the OP's question to regard Illidan's disposition rather than his actions.
    Stop dating strippers.
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, he's not. He's dead.

When he was alive he was the classic example of napoleon complex, what with always being second fiddle to big brother Malfurion. Not evil persay, but a loser who tried to hard, had no game, lost the girl (to his bro no less) and acted all emo about the whole thing.

Wait... no wonder he's so popular with some of the gamer kids.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Nobody in World of Warcraft is evil. Every villain in the game was either corrupted by someone else or some event.
    Old Gods, Kil'Jaeden, Sargeras(not in game but he is in lore), Mal'Ganis, Archimonde, Magtheridon, Ragnaros, Al'Akir, and I'm sure others are what I would consider forces of pure evil. Some of those are obviously up for debate, but there are evil villains in wow who intend to do us harm who weren't corrupted or turned.
    Stop dating strippers.

Deleted
    Define ´´evil´´ or this whole topic is pointless