Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Every PvE activity in an MMO past the leveling and profession leveling stages is "developed to have you repeat the same activity for weeks/months on end".
    This is true, but I make a distinction in the engagement level of the activity. Dungeons and raids offer a higher level of engagement and more of a challenge than a simple fetch or kill quest does.

This is purely personal opinion here. I absolutely loathe daily quests and daily quest hubs with a passion.

Deleted
    What I would prefer for dailies would be something like the meta 4man heroic quest in black hole. A mini FP with some easy quest, like kill 10 soldiers, gather 5 datapads etc. Each day it would randomize the mini quests and would have a different final boss to kill.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Trouble is that it's not a "short time". Pretty much all of this is shit they've been working on since April or before. Considering the last actual content patch was 6 months ago, I'm sure they have a small stockpile to sustain themselves for the next 5 months, or so. It really comes down to how much content will they be releasing every 6 weeks after they've run out of their stockpile?
    And if this is the start of the stockpile we all assume them to have, this is not promising. "Travel to exciting Section X, where a whole new room of dailies awaits you"

Experience the sheer awesomeness of more shuttle loading screens like never before. Get daily commendations for waiting 5 minutes or more while the game loads! Then do 10 new dailies where you get to tackle never before seen droids with generic man number 2, loot their crates full of generic material we need, and kill this one elite guy that has nefarious plans! SWTOR, where your character is important to the galaxy!

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yay!

+10char
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Yay!

+10char
    You make me sick! j/k

I wish I was still as excited about this. I really want the magic back. Maybe HK will be enough to lure me over to obtain his meatbag averse greatness. Well, it's not the HK, but it better talk like him!

No new Warzone sucks, but this sounds great for a patch coming so soon after 1.4 hit. I actually like dailies so another area just gives me more options(I rarely do more the one planet's dailies, often just BH as its 50k credits very quickly and I often run into little PvP skirmishes). Dailes just replaced grinding mobs/rares for cash for me. In a way this sucks as I miss the EQ model with cool rares to hunt down for their drops.

The new world boss also sounds interesting with increasing difficulty and rewards. I am still learning HM EC as I recently moved from a pvp focused to pve focused guild, but I am happy for the progression raiders getting NM EC to play around with as well. And final awesome bit is campaign armorings for sale via BH comms.
    Last edited by Drakos; 2012-10-11 at 09:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    sigh ... took them long enough (HK)... not good enough to bring me back though

Quote Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
    No new Warzone sucks, but this sounds great for a patch coming so soon after 1.4 hit. I actually like dailies so another area just gives me more options(I rarely do more the one planet's dailies, often just BH as its 50k credits very quickly and I often run into little PvP skirmishes). Dailes just replaced grinding mobs/rares for cash for me. In a way this sucks as I miss the EQ model with cool rares to hunt down for their drops.

The new world boss also sounds interesting with increasing difficulty and rewards. I am still learning HM EC as I recently moved from a pvp focused to pve focused guild, but I am happy for the progression raiders getting NM EC to play around with as well. And final awesome bit is campaign armorings for sale via BH comms.
    Patch 1.6!
    New warzone
    Added more dailies.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I really don't like dailies, will do them once just to check them out. But we also get NiM - EC and a new world boss and HK-51. That's enough to make me happy.

Deleted
    I'm very happy about this news. If they can sustain the 6 week cycle longterm I'll be really shocked. However for now I love the new raid in 1.4, love that HK is coming out imminently and am quite happy about the dailies too.

Colour me impressed Bioware (or magenta will do )

Now just deliver my dream 3d space sim (super secret space project) and I will fully capitulate to being a fanboi!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Colour me impressed Bioware (or magenta will do )

Now just deliver my dream 3d space sim (super secret space project) and I will fully capitulate to being a fanboi!
    http://starcitizen.robertsspaceindustries.com/

Swtor is not the game you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Well, I agree with that guy.

I would like dailies to be account bound things that you complete during normal game play at any level.

Isle of Queldanis killed dailies for me...

And orgila...

And getting my nether drake...

And getting the tourny mounts...

/breaksdownintopitifulsobs

KIDS FUD IS S'POSE TA BE HEALFY!!!!
    I liked Isle of QD, and Netherwing was fine, never did Ogrila. Argent Tourney was a chore, but at least I had pets/mounts to get... Tol Barad was ick, Molten Front was mind bashing after a bit. Maybe Mists has improved things...

But, my issue with daily quests isn't the quests themselves, it's more that they're not "hey, if you do this you get oddball stuff" or enjoyable in themselves after a couple days. They're to get points, or recipes or gear in order to support dungeons/raids or the basic gear treadmill. They're also not a side-choice, they're content. It's just a bunch of little things that are designed to keep you from quiting rather than being fun things to do.

I liked the Black Hole well enough, but doing it every day like clockwork got old really quick. Population issues (too many people in the area) made it even more irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I liked Isle of QD, and Netherwing was fine, never did Ogrila. Argent Tourney was a chore, but at least I had pets/mounts to get... Tol Barad was ick, Molten Front was mind bashing after a bit. Maybe Mists has improved things...
    Those were just some examples.

The fact is, I did them all. To exalted. I had 60 reps exalted almost right after cata came out so I pretty much solo'd the guild achievement.

Then they started to remove the factions. Like shendralar.

Retroactively nerfing my insane title.

I was never a fan of dailies... but after grinding everything? I can't do them anymore.

Like in swtor? I think I did 3 sets of dailies? And that was just to placate my friends.

At least gw2 promotes daily play and questing and crap without... Idk. Making you feel like.

Vomiting? That's not quite it.
    You know when you have the flu so bad you can't really walk right because you are so dizzy? And when you throw up, you have been eating ice chips so your vomit is cooler than your mouth which feels weird and makes your throw up harder? And the increase of blood pressure just makes that dizziness peak really hard so for a few seconds as the vomit jets out of your mouth you feel like you a floating? Its almost and out of body experience that you never want to have again.

The fact is, I did them all. To exalted. I had 60 reps exalted almost right after cata came out so I pretty much solo'd the guild achievement.

Then they started to remove the factions. Like shendralar.

Retroactively nerfing my insane title.

I was never a fan of dailies... but after grinding everything? I can't do them anymore.

Like in swtor? I think I did 3 sets of dailies? And that was just to placate my friends.

At least gw2 promotes daily play and questing and crap without... Idk. Making you feel like.

You know when you have the flu so bad you can't really walk right because you are so dizzy? And when you throw up, you have been eating ice chips so your vomit is cooler than your mouth which feels weird and makes your throw up harder? And the increase of blood pressure just makes that dizziness peak really hard so for a few seconds as the vomit jets out of your mouth you feel like you a floating? Its almost and out of body experience that you never want to have again.
    Well then..... That wasn't graphic at all.

Sure, I'm not as bad as you, but my 10 max level characters had a good bit of tedium to them. I unlocked all the vendors on 3 alts for Molten Front.

That's mostly when I looked at what I was actually enjoying in the game and left...

I once vomited so hard I blew a blood vessel in my eye, but I quit dailies long before that feeling.

And I play GW2 and TOR right now, though not much TOR at the moment. This isn't the place for GW2 talk, but I described it to a friend as:
    "In WoW, there's that long road east/west in Duskwood, with mean wolves on either side. I'd always be going along the road and see ore off to the side and go after it, then see another in the distance and go after that and eventually I'd be in the middle of no where, avoiding wolves, werewolves, spiders and marveling at the blinking glowing eyes in bushes, but it was fun.
    "Then I'd feel like I wasn't achieving anything and I'd get back to the path to get back on the quest series and accomplish something, because that's what you're supposed to do
    "GW2 doesn't have so many real quests, you're just following a road to see where it leads. you see ore off to the left, and an event off to the right and just go whereever the fuck you want to go, and that's the game, not some "diversion" from the game."

Deleted
    Does anyone actually know how to begin this HK-51 quest, i.e where exactly would we have to go to begin the quest thred?

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 09:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zaul View Post
    Everyone thought ancient hyper gates was next. Maybe the swapped them cos non raiding PVE'ers haven't had anything for so long.

People on the forums are NOT happy about the lack of WZ.

That is a constant in all games with instanced pvp. There could be 1 map/zone or 100 and ppl would complain about there not being enough.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

where is my warzone :|

Dont they need to test f2p with gemstore on the ptr when they believe to launch it November or do they think that there will be no Bug/Exploit in any code to prevent abusage?

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers