Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    Dont they need to test f2p with gemstore on the ptr when they believe to launch it November or do they think that there will be no Bug/Exploit in any code to prevent abusage?
    I picture a guy at the Bioware-Austin office telling the bigwigs that they don't need to do any public testing on the Cash Shop. He says, "What could possibly go wrong?", then turns to the camera puts on a big trollface grin.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
    Excellent guild.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
    Thanks for this.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

I'm pretty psyched about this. It doesn't look like a very large patch, but it does add a lot of really cool PvE content (after glancing at the guide, it looks fairly large), plus NM for EC, with being so soon after the recent 1.4 release. For all the complaints, this is a really good schedule for content releases, even if all of them aren't massive and don't all contain a brand new raid, warzone, and a thousand new quests. If they can keep this level of output going, I'll be subbed for a really long time.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Updated the patch notes to reflect their current form. Sorry it took so long I have been super busy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently there is one minute general chat timer for FTP players on the PTS? Can someone confirm/deny this? Seems like a bad thing to alienate the subs from the FTP players? So many hoops to jump through that aren't necessary is a bit silly imo. Hopefully they will drop something like this since it's only on PTS.

FYI for people on the PTS:
    Originally Posted by SWTOR
    Yes, everyone on PTS is now classified as Free-to-Play for testing purposes. This doesn't affect your account on the live servers and will allow us to test the restrictions more thoroughly. We'll be granting more Cartel Coins to PTS accounts soon for testing (note that this only affects the PTS server!).

(Source)

Also.. that would be pretty crappy Azuri. I had heard previously that F2P people had to obtain a certain level before being allowed to talk in general. Idk if that is accurate or not though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post

Also.. that would be pretty crappy Azuri. I had heard previously that F2P people had to obtain a certain level before being allowed to talk in general. Idk if that is accurate or not though.

Dulfy tweated it so I figured her facts were pretty accurate but again I can't confirm it personally.

On the F2P Features page, it says that preferred members would get "Increased access to Chat and Secure Trading". The note below it states that toons have to hit level 6 before any of that becomes active (I'm sure to deter credit spammers, bots, etc.). I'm going to assume that F2P players, unless they've purchased something, are going to be limited in the amount of time they can talk in General.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Apparently there is one minute general chat timer for FTP players on the PTS? Can someone confirm/deny this? Seems like a bad thing to alienate the subs from the FTP players? So many hoops to jump through that aren't necessary is a bit silly imo. Hopefully they will drop something like this since it's only on PTS.
    Anti-spam mechanic. Unfortunate, but necessary. Probably something that will be tweaked until a good time limit is found. WoW does something similar in general chat for everyone, I ran into it once yesterday (typed a partial sentence, then attempted to finish the sentence in the next message).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Anti-spam mechanic. Unfortunate, but necessary. Probably something that will be tweaked until a good time limit is found. WoW does something similar in general chat for everyone, I ran into it once yesterday (typed a partial sentence, then attempted to finish the sentence in the next message).
    Ah that makes some sense then.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it is to be expected but is needed to combat the legions of coin/gold sellers this will unleash. I mean spammers in WoW have gone so far as to create a bunch of level ones, hack the game to kill them in prearranged shapes in the air that spell out a gold website in the cities. It was so ridiculous I had no idea how it even happened for longer than a minute.

It's another reason why the decision to not let F2P attach an authenticator is pretty much bullshit. Those accounts will be ripe for hacking.

Link: http://wow.joystiq.com/2008/08/08/de...-gold-sellers/

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    On the F2P Features page, it says that preferred members would get "Increased access to Chat and Secure Trading". The note below it states that toons have to hit level 6 before any of that becomes active (I'm sure to deter credit spammers, bots, etc.). I'm going to assume that F2P players, unless they've purchased something, are going to be limited in the amount of time they can talk in General.
    Ah ok I totally couldn't remember at all where I had seen that

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I mean spammers in WoW have gone so far as to create a bunch of level ones, hack the game to kill them in prearranged shapes in the air that spell out a gold website in the cities. It was so ridiculous I had no idea how it even happened for longer than a minute.
    I can't help but find that completely hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't help but find that completely hilarious.
    It's ridiculous, but it was to get around the chat countermeasures like the ones SWTOR are implementing. Giving F2P players a wall is one thing, but give hackers a wall and eventually creative trouble will ensue. It's just unfortunate that it normally comes at the expense of someone's account being compromised.

I know my love for games and don't wish that on my enemies. (Ok well on my worst enemies, I hope their accounts die in a fire...annyyways)

It's ridiculous, but it was to get around the chat countermeasures like the ones SWTOR are implementing. Giving F2P players a wall is one thing, but give hackers a wall and eventually creative trouble will ensue. It's just unfortunate that it normally comes at the expense of someone's account being compromised.

I know my love for games and don't wish that on my enemies. (Ok well on my worst enemies, I hope their accounts die in a fire...annyyways)
    Kittyvicious, I know you and I disagree sometimes, but I am utterly impressed at your levels of anger and fury. You must have some Sith in your blood. :P
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakaya_Kilrogg View Post
    Kittyvicious, I know you and I disagree sometimes, but I am utterly impressed at your levels of anger and fury. You must have some Sith in your blood. :P
    Well, people should know what to expect. You have to live up to your name. If I had gone with Kittysunshine, I probably would be a nicer person. Speaking to that, I don't know who Rogg is, but I'm sure he's in a ditch somewhere.

On a serious note, being fiercely debatable doesn't mean that anyone is a hardcore asshole. It's a refusal to relent in defusing situations like your post that make people fly into the Dbag zone. I mean I could take offense to a seemingly innocent post, or a potentially directly insulting post...but I choose to read things like this as common ground. Especially on these forums, where the sample size is already dramatically reduced, people who post often here are probably people who wanted to love, do love, or did love this game at one point. As angry as anyone interprets anything, all of our hearts are probably coming from the right place.

It helps to always have a loving wife to keep you humble, who thinks your antics amount to being merely amusing. Agreement will wax and wane based on personal experiences, but these are just forums. There's no reason to never take a step back.

I reserve hatred for people I can reach out and touch

Deleted
    Well, people should know what to expect. You have to live up to your name. If I had gone with Kittysunshine, I probably would be a nicer person. Speaking to that, I don't know who Rogg is, but I'm sure he's in a ditch somewhere.

On a serious note, being fiercely debatable doesn't mean that anyone is a hardcore asshole. It's a refusal to relent in defusing situations like your post that make people fly into the Dbag zone. I mean I could take offense to a seemingly innocent post, or a potentially directly insulting post...but I choose to read things like this as common ground. Especially on these forums, where the sample size is already dramatically reduced, people who post often here are probably people who wanted to love, do love, or did love this game at one point. As angry as anyone interprets anything, all of our hearts are probably coming from the right place.

It helps to always have a loving wife to keep you humble, who thinks your antics amount to being merely amusing. Agreement will wax and wane based on personal experiences, but these are just forums. There's no reason to never take a step back.

I reserve hatred for people I can reach out and touch
    Very well said. /Tiphat.

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 02:16 AM ----------

Ah I give up.

Yesterday I had 4 quickslot bars on my PTS toon. Bioware said that PTS toons were effectively made to be F2P to simulate the new system better.

Today after the quick PTS patch? I now only have 1 Quickslot bar on the same toon and no possibility of adding one via the interface editor (like I did yesterday). So all yesterday's complaints turned out to valid today. What a horrible decision. I hope today's furor on the PTS forum helps BW understand that this change is asinine.

I know that you can happily play with one...until you hit level 6 or so then surely you need a 2nd bar?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Ah I give up.

Yesterday I had 4 quickslot bars on my PTS toon. Bioware said that PTS toons were effectively made to be F2P to simulate the new system better.

Today after the quick PTS patch? I now only have 1 Quickslot bar on the same toon and no possibility of adding one via the interface editor (like I did yesterday). So all yesterday's complaints turned out to valid today. What a horrible decision. I hope today's furor on the PTS forum helps BW understand that this change is asinine.

I know that you can happily play with one...until you hit level 6 or so then surely you need a 2nd bar?
    Can anyone else confirm this? There's no way I'm paying to unlock a hotbar...like ever, and it would end up being more annoying than enjoyable in the end for me to constantly have to pull open my spellbook for things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess we should just wait until it really launches. They clearly don't have anything together at this point. A November transition seems less likely by the day. Who knows what will happen until it does?

EDIT: NVM, just saw what Alyssa posted in the other thread. This is far worse than we even thought. Still, it is only the PTR...but seeing this much bad on here already is very troubling.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2012-10-25 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Can anyone else confirm this? There's no way I'm paying to unlock a hotbar...like ever, and it would end up being more annoying than enjoyable in the end for me to constantly have to pull open my spellbook for things.
    HOLY SHITE BATFUK AND OMGOZZERS(yea a bit overboard but WTF were they THINKING) i can confirm that INDEED there is only ONE action bar accessible for PTS. now they say that ALL PTS users are considered "F2P" players so if this is indeed the way the are gonna run it then they effectively shot themselves in da head.

and the cartel coin cost for each additional one is 250 coins per pop.
    at lvl 14 all my abilities take up all but 2 slots

man i cant believe the sheer stupidity that they are displaying here with this but well SW:ToR it was a very nice time playing you see ya around