Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    cataclysm gone, the new glyph gone, shit duration on demonic gateway. doom buffed when touch of chaos should get buffed(this change will make demon the best multidot spec by far...)

rumours of black temple questline gone too.

xelnath are you sure you left someone with half a brain to care about us?

Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    cataclysm gone, the new glyph gone, shit duration on demonic gateway. doom buffed when touch of chaos should get buffed(this change will make demon the best multidot spec by far...)

rumours of black temple questline gone too.

xelnath are you sure you left someone with half a brain to care about us?
    I asked GC about Cataclysm on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...59359416221696

It looks like they simply realized that it didn't work as a melee deterrent as well as they hoped. I'd love if they made cataclysm into a cool spell. As for the supernova glyph, to be honest I won't miss it. It's very rare that I die with full embers, so the damage was usually crappy anyway.

As for the warlock questline, I haven't seen any indication of it being gone.

Sounds like they just removed it until they can think of a better implementation then, good. That's about what I was suspecting.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Pandemic no longer smooths the damage when extending dots with different amounts of spellpower.
    Wondering what this is about. I didn't even know there was any smoothing, and I've tried my best to keep up to date with changes since beta. =/
    I too wonder about this. I'm blaming my English knowledge but even with a dictionary in hand I can make neither heads or tails of this message. I don't know how to understand the verb smoothing here - specifically, my question is if anyone can tell me what, according to this bug fix, our dots did and now no longer do?
    Last edited by Cirque; 2012-11-03 at 04:06 AM.

My assumption is that they mean that pre-patch Pandemic would take the spellpower of the DoT when you cast it first and the spellpower of the second DoT and tick after that as an average of the two.
    Whether it did that and what it does now instead I have no idea.

In theory, I don't mind that those two Destro abilities got pulled.

Glyph of Supernova was a hilarious idea, but in practice I don't think I've ever died in PvP with active Embers. At best I've already CBed someone, at worst I've fed them to Ember Tap. Cataclysm, yeah I can see it having exactly that problem with the current implementation. What makes Thunderstorm so powerful is that it's instant cast. As it was it seemed like Cataclysm was far too much trouble for not enough punch.

I have no issue if Blizz wants to redesign them, or scrap them entirely for something different. It doesn't even have to be Destro specific, since goodness knows the other two specs aren't in much better shape. Just so long as 5.1 has something I can try and use when I get a couple angry melee in my face.

I was very much looking forward to the glyph and cataclysm (although the new spell effect for it was beyond fucking idiotic.)

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Cataclysm has been removed. Supernova as well. What can I say, Xelnath left and everything is going to get bad, even the questline mark on the Black Temple has been removed.
    Where did you see they removed the Warlock quest?

Quote Originally Posted by Crack the Sky View Post
    Where did you see they removed the Warlock quest?
    It is still there, last I checked.

Which was a last build. Hopefully they didn't remove it..
    Last edited by Quenden; 2012-11-03 at 05:01 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Pandemic no longer smooths the damage when extending dots with different amounts of spellpower.
    Wondering what this is about. I didn't even know there was any smoothing, and I've tried my best to keep up to date with changes since beta. =/
    http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t130019-...0/#post2214887
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Sounds like they just removed it until they can think of a better implementation then, good. That's about what I was suspecting.
    Even in it's current form, Cataclysm would have been better than nothing. Ripping the spell out completely and leaving nothing but a "IOU one melee countermeasure" is not a good sign. It could be years before they actually make good on claim.

Poor Xelnath. He is barely out the building before his efforts are made null and void.

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    Even in it's current form, Cataclysm would have been better than nothing. Ripping the spell out completely and leaving nothing but a "IOU one melee countermeasure" is not a good sign. It could be years before they actually make good on claim.

Poor Xelnath. He is barely out the building before his efforts are made null and void.
    "@spektroman still working on it."

They're not dropping it, they're just not delaying pushing the rest of the patch until they're done :/

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good god some of you really created a panic saying the warlock quest was gone, Spreading like wildfire <.<
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-11-03 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    "@spektroman still working on it."

They're not dropping it, they're just not delaying pushing the rest of the patch until they're done :/
    My point exactly. How is a vague claim better than having the spell even if might of not been perfect?

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    My point exactly. How is a vague claim better than having the spell even if might of not been perfect?
    This is a PTR. You never had the spell, you still don't, they plan to give it to you eventually.

I still haven't seen any mention of the chaos bolt nerf/change in the patch notes or hotfixes. Does it still exist on the ptr? The change being that the 25% bonus damage from the sac talent gets turned into a dot.

It's a little odd Blizzard hasn't made any mention of this change anywhere...that I know of. Did I miss something?

So, the removal of meta auto attack is their wand fix? Do they know that wands even make the demonic slash gcd not scale with haste what is still a dps loss as demo with a wand. Or did i just miss something?

Simply wielding a wand will not affect your GCD in any way, and presumably with the removal of the ranged melee going into meta will not force you to start shooting your wand.
    http://wowupgrade.com/ - instant gear comparison for all classes / specs

10+ Year Old Account
    The wand is presumably used when you attack/right click something, no? I have the same thing with affliction, I lose a GCD sometimes because I'm right clicking something hostile without casting anything. So it will still trigger a GCD in the same way as affliction now? I'm interested to see what other wand-yielding casters have to say about this.

Edit: did some further testing, right clicking a target between casts always triggers a GCD, so if you never right click, you should never use wand attack and trigger a GCD. I think with this change the same will happen to demo. Also, the Doom buff seems absurd compared to the loss of our meta autoattack, seems like a huge overall buff for demonology, especially on 30 sec+ multidot.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2012-11-03 at 10:08 AM.