Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    btw, Soul Swap (Affliction) Soulburn: Instantly Soulburn applies Corruption, Unstable Affliction and Agony. without removing them from a target.

does that mean we're unable to SB : SS dots anymore ? kind of confused by the wording.

most importantly.

Glyph of Gag Order Does not work against players.

It's always refreshing when each purported change comes to fruition. I know it's only PTR, but the devs have been so much more agile with MoP's changes. Kudos, Xel & company.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm, i have grown attached to mannaroth's fury but only because i have been avoiding KJC because of the double penalty.

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 04:39 PM ----------

does cataclysm now apply immolate multiple times? what does "immolating all enemies within 10 yards every 5 sec." mean?

it sounds like it ''causes fire damage to all targets in range over 5 seconds" or "applies a fire DoT to all enemies lasting 5 seconds" or "Applies immolate once and then applies immolate again 5 seconds later" or "Applies 5 seconds worth of Immolate"....
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-10-23 at 08:49 PM.

Yea, I'm worried about the SB:SS wording aswell. Please don't touch my SB:SS
    Also, Loving the new changes and very happy of having our own dev chatroom here
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

btw xelnath, I like everything you've done so far, but there is still no changes regarding affliction ( besides that SB : SS thing that has no relation to the main issue).

Are there any plans to help change affliction's spread pressure or is KJC supposed to be able to help cast MG so affli shifts more towards single target focus ?

or simply destro is the main spec for pvp this expansion ?

Furthermore, are there any plans to play around with unending resolve to split the bonuses into 2 different spells? I think if that's done it will help all 3 specs in pvp, not just destruction.

10+ Year Old Account
    it does not LOOK like SB:SS is anything more than a tooltip clarification.

Deleted
    Me also scared of the wording

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    btw xelnath, I like everything you've done so far, but there is still no changes regarding affliction ( besides that SB : SS thing that has no relation to the main issue).

Are there any plans to help change affliction's spread pressure or is KJC supposed to be able to help cast MG so affli shifts more towards single target focus ?

or simply destro is the main spec for pvp this expansion ?

Furthermore, are there any plans to play around with unending resolve to split the bonuses into 2 different spells? I think if that's done it will help all 3 specs in pvp, not just destruction.
    destro is the main spec for pvp this expansion.

Didn't think this patch could get any more exciting for warlocks.

I was wrong!

The lack of demonology changes/fixes/improvements makes me sad. Could certainly use some.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post
    Only thing that I'd still ask for is a toggle if possible. I think the penalty is totally fine, but it still means making a whole set of stop casting macros. If we could just get it as an on/off switch, that'd be cool. Not a huge deal if not possible tho.
    You essentially have one in the form of Fel Flame (or corruption and agony too I suppose). Realistically if you're moving and don't want KJC to be active you'll be using Fel Flame anyway, or some other instant. If you're gonna be popping some toggleable ability it might as well do some damage too. This way you also don't need to toggle it back on, as it's always on, but you only get the debuff if you're actually casting while moving, not using instants.

Deleted
    Isn't the new passive KJC a bit too powerful? I mean, why would you even use the active spell and lose the passive ability for a whole minute (at least in pve)?

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Isn't the new passive KJC a bit too powerful? I mean, why would you even use the active spell and lose the passive ability for a whole minute (at least in pve)?
    Hush you! :P This is what it should've been originally. The use ability should be usable when casting for quick oh shit moments. That's what I've always viewed it as any ways. The REDICULOUS nerf to cast speed while moving was unnecessary. Made the talent useless. Or well, nearly useless.

I can't wait!
    Signature Nazi's suck.

5.1, I'm loving it!
    So great to see and discuss class development with you Xel, thanks for posting here!
    Btw, any words on pets surviability on pvp? Any adjustments for AV?

Also, I just switched from tailoring to goblin engineering, and glyph of supernova is going to fit PERFECTLY, so excited ^ ^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    Hush you! :P This is what it should've been originally. The use ability should be usable when casting for quick oh shit moments. That's what I've always viewed it as any ways. The REDICULOUS nerf to cast speed while moving was unnecessary. Made the talent useless. Or well, nearly useless.
    I know I know, but I still think it has to be balanced, between a strong passive and a very powerful active ability, giving you a real choice.
    The 10% stacking snare is negligible in pve, if I want to move quickly while casting I could still use Burning Rush at the same time and never using the active KJC.
    So maybe adding to the active part a +X% casting speed for 6s.
    Or keep it as a full passive talent like Mannoroth's Fury.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2012-10-23 at 09:44 PM.

I know I know, but I still think it has to be balanced, between a strong passive and a very powerful active ability, giving you a real choice.
    The 10% stacking snare is negligible in pve, if I want to move quickly while casting I could still use Burning Rush at the same time and never using the active KJC.
    now Archimonde's vengeance has to be buffed cause it's shit compared to the other 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The GameMaster View Post
    The lack of demonology changes/fixes/improvements makes me sad. Could certainly use some.
    I think it's only because Demo is in a pretty good place already. The only problem I have with the spec right now is that I go OOM far too fast, and then have to life tap quite a few times to get back up. Especially when doing challenge modes, where we can't just outgear issues that become less apparent with more gear, I felt like a huge mana drain on the healer. Aside from that Demo has amazing mobility, a nice amount of micro/CD management, very competitive damage, PvP potential, and a good mix of DoTs, cast time spells and pet damage.

Archimonde's Vengeance is the ability that gives you single-target damage. It won't be going anywhere.

Also, this is probably the last burst of Class Design work that I'm going to be doing for a while. I burned too much political capital getting Cataclysm through to remain viable in my position. Chaos Bolt will be getting a damage nerf to reduce its Arena viability soon and I will be focusing on other aspects of game design.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    Archimonde's Vengeance is the ability that gives you single-target damage. It won't be going anywhere.

Also, this is probably the last burst of Class Design work that I'm going to be doing for a while. I burned too much political capital getting Cataclysm through to remain viable in my position. Chaos Bolt will be getting a damage nerf to reduce its Arena viability soon and I will be focusing on other aspects of game design.
    but the damage will be compensated by buffing incinerate right?

I think everyone agrees will nerfing chaos bolt and buffing incinerate...

It certainly isnt for heroic raids. Also toggling burning rush on takes time and focus away from instantly moving. I'm still unsure whether as a heroic raider I would automatically take it. It's good yes, but ups the risk of me dying and that kill attempt failing.

Would it not be better to have zero movement penalty and a 20% casting slow to all spells cast during movement? That way instants would not be affected, active dots unaffected but MG & other casted spells would be. And it would not increase the risk of killing myself.