Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sorry, linking a ss of a player in who knows what gear/situation at the time doesn't show anything.

I tried dummy tests (im well pvp geared + pvpwep) full mastery/crit reforge + full self buffs + demon soul + on use + pvptrink proc + tailoring proc (MAX procs) and it crits the dummy for 380k.
    380k * (1-0.58) * 1.4 = 223k
    (avg resil) (avg power with pvpwep + human + powegems)

This is a best case scenario with best procs/race/gems before any 15% mitigation that casters have, any defensive things used from other players, etc (which should always happen when they see you pop cds and glow red. And having all your procs up at the same time as you get a chance to burst with DS+on use is highly unlikely in an arena situation (coming from a lock playing at 2200+ atm)

The fact that your chaos bolt hit a player for 440k when my chaos bolt with max possible CDs hits 380k on a dummy shows that you were probably in a BG against a guy taking like 100% more damage while you had berserker. Just makes you lose all credibility and your making shit up. "during dailies"? sure maybe if theres a daily where your doing 100% more damage or the guy was taking 100% more damage, or both.
    Last edited by scmpoe; 2012-10-24 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post

Was during dailies. I enjoy sniping people in a global. It's extremely easy. I'm entertained that people are stating that it can't be done.
    Golden Lotus dailies, right?
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=124427

related to this quest http://www.wowhead.com/quest=30196

Quote Originally Posted by helheim View Post
    nice gear. how many stacks of flag carrier debuff are they carrying? using shit like that nullifies your argument. vs full resil targets in full pvp gear, that shit doesn't happen. period.
    +1

Those fabled "one-shot" CB's doesnt happen unless you are in pve gear vs. the one who CB's you and that person has full PvP gear, not to mention to pull it off you would need to use trinket(s) and Dark Soul.

Agony Inflicts increasing agony on the target, causing ((28 + 2.6% of Spell Power) * 75) to ((28 + 2.6% of Spell Power) * 120 up to ((336 + 2.6% of SP) * 10) Shadow damage over 24 sec.

And many more like those.
    Are those tooltip bugs or something or am I just calculating them wrong? Cause with my calculations before it did (with 20k spell power) roughly 41k to 65k damage over 24 seconds but now I get it to be around 8,5k over 24 seconds which obviously seems way out of line

Well... it seems the first thing Xelnath's replacement has done is nerf Cataclysm - the range has been reduced and it's now back to being a 4 second channel.

Also If I'm reading this right, Immolate has also been slightly nerfed. (why?)

As im reading it Agony is getting a huge nerf (I cant imagine this being correct) and immolate also getting a huge nerf. I really cant imagine these being right, something must be off atleast

Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    Agony Inflicts increasing agony on the target, causing ((28 + 2.6% of Spell Power) * 75) to ((28 + 2.6% of Spell Power) * 120 up to ((336 + 2.6% of SP) * 10) Shadow damage over 24 sec.

And many more like those.
    Are those tooltip bugs or something or am I just calculating them wrong? Cause with my calculations before it did (with 20k spell power) roughly 41k to 65k damage over 24 seconds but now I get it to be around 8,5k over 24 seconds which obviously seems way out of line

REALLY hoping it's ((336 + 2.6% of SP) * 100)

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    REALLY hoping it's ((336 + 2.6% of SP) * 100)
    If not Affliction and Destro just got kicked in the teeth.

No Chaos Bolt nerf yet.

Is this a buff or a nerf? Im so confused. If it is intended to be 100 its a buff yes?

Calculating...
    Last edited by Xerwo; 2012-10-26 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heatuss View Post
    Is this a buff or a nerf? Im so confused. If it is intended to be 100 its a buff yes?
    Hard to say really because atm. its 75 to 120 which equals out on 97,5. However the PTR spell specifically states UP TO so we dont really know what the lower case or average case is. Just that the max is 10 (as it says on the tooltip at the moment atleast).

Could also be tooltips are not completely updates and every tick is supposed to be those " up to ((336 + 2.6% of SP) * 10) Shadow damage" however that I guess would be quite a significant increase, so I dont really think thats right either ^^

It must be tooltip errors, unless you believe we get Agony damage nerfed to ~20% and Immo to ~30% of damage on live. The only damage changes that are easily readable is SoC needing less damage to explode, but also ticking for less (minor).

Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    Hard to say really because atm. its 75 to 120 which equals out on 97,5. However the PTR spell specifically states UP TO so we dont really know what the lower case or average case is. Just that the max is 10 (as it says on the tooltip at the moment atleast).

Could also be tooltips are not completely updates and every tick is supposed to be those " up to ((336 + 2.6% of SP) * 10) Shadow damage" however that I guess would be quite a significant increase, so I dont really think thats right either ^^
    I thought the same thing ((336 + 2.6% of SP) * 10) is a buff.

I'm thinking they removed the min/max and averaged it out to 100 ((336 + 2.6% of SP) * 100).

But it's blizzard so who knows?

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a dev that cares a lot and works with the community to make the game and our class both better and more fun, WHILE paying more attention to class balance than any of the mage, hunter, warrior devs obviously did...FIRE HIM

Replace him with someone that makes the one spell that might have given Warlocks a better chance in arena completely useless. 8 yards and 4 seconds? Plus we're still completely immobile and can't cast any other spells. Now that Xel is gone, scrap Cataclysm and make a new spell. He was willing to work with us to balance it and find the right fit for the spell, while whoever decides on these changes now is obviously trying to rub salt in the wound by making this spell worthless.

I have to say, I was SUPER excited about warlock changes both for 5.0.5 and now 5.1, entirely thanks to Xelnath. Now that he's gone, I feel like I've lost hope in the class and the devs ability to do what's right with Warlocks. =(

In case you're still reading these forums Xel, thanks for everything you've done for us. What happened to you is probably the #1 disgusting thing that this company has done and unless they find someone equally as passionate as you about the class I may very well give up on WoW all together. Guess that's what happens when passion conflicts with the rigid ways of an old organization. Really sad to hear, especially seeing how Blizz started out as a group of nerds just wanting to make great games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    Get a dev that cares a lot and works with the community to make the game and our class both better and more fun, WHILE paying more attention to class balance than any of the mage, hunter, warrior devs obviously did...FIRE HIM

Replace him with someone that makes the one spell that might have given Warlocks a better chance in arena completely useless. 8 yards and 4 seconds? Plus we're still completely immobile and can't cast any other spells. Now that Xel is gone, scrap Cataclysm and make a new spell. He was willing to work with us to balance it and find the right fit for the spell, while whoever decides on these changes now is obviously trying to rub salt in the wound by making this spell worthless.

I have to say, I was SUPER excited about warlock changes both for 5.0.5 and now 5.1, entirely thanks to Xelnath. Now that he's gone, I feel like I've lost hope in the class and the devs ability to do what's right with Warlocks. =(

In case you're still reading these forums Xel, thanks for everything you've done for us. What happened to you is probably the #1 disgusting thing that this company has done and unless they find someone equally as passionate as you about the class I may very well give up on WoW all together. Guess that's what happens when passion conflicts with the rigid ways of an old organization. Really sad to hear, especially seeing how Blizz started out as a group of nerds just wanting to make great games.
    We all knew playing a fun spec petless doing competitive dps couldn't last.. and with the chaos bolt qq, even though unfounded would never last either.

I've been a defender of Blizzard for a long time. But now I'm not so sure in my position anymore. I really hope it's a datamining error and/or tooltip fix that we're seeing.

Well it was fun being better than mages for a bit

It's obviously an error. They're not going to make Agony hit for less than Fel Flame. Don't be retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    It's obviously an error. They're not going to make Agony hit for less than Fel Flame. Don't be retarded.
    They've done retarded things to warlocks before. I don't think any of us hold any high hopes for the future after the events the past couple of days.