Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Ehh , are you expecting buffs? I mean have you seen how OP you currently are when well geared and not mention, skilled, something most rogues lack due to the last seasons being -> pop smoke -> pop cd -> stunlock -> gg (40-50k ambushes in wotlk ) haha
    I'm currently above the 463ilvl threshold, in full PVE gear. Ambush, one of our hardest hitting abilities, crits for about 50k for me, on normal NPC mobs. If you're losing to rogues, it's not because the rogue is good. It's because you're bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    I'm currently above the 463ilvl threshold, in full PVE gear. Ambush, one of our hardest hitting abilities, crits for about 50k for me, on normal NPC mobs. If you're losing to rogues, it's not because the rogue is good. It's because you're bad.
    exactly this he must be one of those ppl qqing about being one shot with 1k res
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    exactly this he must be one of those ppl qqing about being one shot with 1k res
    Tell a BM hunter to duel you and just use its stun, stampede, then watch ur HP bar go down fast. Either you trinket and vanish or you die
    My Rogue

Veni, vidi, vici.

I like MoP now c:

Quote Originally Posted by Juggasaurus View Post
    There is literally no update or tool tip corrections for rogue, yet every other class is represented.. to me that smells fishy.

Perhaps they would not post any updates for spells which may not potentially even be there anymore? *hints at whole class redign* / crosses fingers!
    They didn't hotfix any rogue abilities.

I'm not sure you understand what is happening with those datamined tooltips. The spells on live right now match the tooltips datamined from 5.1 PTR. The tooltips currently on live do not reflect the spells that are currently live because the spells were hotfixed server-side, while tooltips must be updated client-side, which requires a patch, not a hotfix.

The tooltips are just catching up to the spells that are already live.

50k? My first raid Ive just scored a 172k Ambush and a 280k eviscerate. If you hit 50k Ambushes you doing it wrong, just questing I can easily crit 80-90k Ambushes. My ilevel is currently 469.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    They didn't hotfix any rogue abilities.

I'm not sure you understand what is happening with those datamined tooltips. The spells on live right now match the tooltips datamined from 5.1 PTR. The tooltips currently on live do not reflect the spells that are currently live because the spells were hotfixed server-side, while tooltips must be updated client-side, which requires a patch, not a hotfix.

The tooltips are just catching up to the spells that are already live.
    I understand the tooltips are catching up, but don't you think its suspicious that no abilities required any tooltip hotfixes in the first place? As is evident by the huge amount of qq going on at the moment regarding rogues, our abilities are no where near perfect in their current state and clearly blizzard are aware of this. I cant help but to think there are some pretty big changes in the works (yes this might be mostly wishful thinking!)

In your opinion what of our abilities are broken? (Apart from BF, which to be frank has been broken for 3 years now)

Because a new expansion is another chance for them to redeem themselves; especially after having stated something along the lines of "The rogue class needs some changes, but we won't be able to carry them out in a single patch, so we'll wait for the upcoming expansion." I might be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure we had a blue post telling us something along those lines at some point through Cataclysm.

Needless to say, the things they did do could easily have been patched in, and the only major change was a change to our poison system. The post above made MOP seem exciting to me, and I awaited the changes with Anticipation(LOLHURR), but alas... Disregarded page after disregarded page of beta-threads killed all of my hope as well.
    Yeah they said that, but were you really discontent with our state in DS? Even discounting the legendary, our state with just a no'kaled was pretty good I'd say. Same thing for ICC, were you actually unhappy with our state in ICC? I really had no problems with it. Then they had to introduce bandits guile and a bunch of other stupid or largely useless mechanics.

God rogues are whiny people. It makes me almost ashamed to still be a main rogue. I've said this in other threads and I'll say it here so pay attention: rogues are fine, we aren't broken, we never were broken. This happens EVERY expansion because we are probably the most gear dependent class in the game when you account for how we scale with gear (unlike a warrior who is also gear dependent but doesn't scale as well). This means we always suck at the beginning, are average or slightly above in the second tier and then top charts and rock faces in the last tier. It's been like that every since TBC when my rogue dinged max level and might have been that way in vanilla.

Quit bitching, get better gear, play better and deal with the cycle better next time. Raids still bring rogues, challenge modes still have rogues with gold, top arena teams will still have rogues. Just because you suck doesn't mean we are broken. But that goes for all classes, there are a lot more bads than good players (pve and pvp).

Quote Originally Posted by Juggasaurus View Post
    I understand the tooltips are catching up, but don't you think its suspicious that no abilities required any tooltip hotfixes in the first place? As is evident by the huge amount of qq going on at the moment regarding rogues, our abilities are no where near perfect in their current state and clearly blizzard are aware of this. I cant help but to think there are some pretty big changes in the works (yes this might be mostly wishful thinking!)
    The majority of the hotfixes were nerfs for the other classes. Honestly, our damage in PvE is not bad at all. The people QQing about that are undergeared or doing it wrong. Our damage in PvP however is total shit because most of it is passive: auto attacks and poisons. Combined with our shitty mobility and lack of defense, that's very bad.

To fix that is going to require a fairly large retuning, which could go very badly in a hotfix. Sure, that could mean something is coming in 5.1, but it could also just not come and rogues remain exactly the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Ehh , are you expecting buffs? I mean have you seen how OP you currently are when well geared and not mention, skilled, something most rogues lack due to the last seasons being -> pop smoke -> pop cd -> stunlock -> gg (40-50k ambushes in wotlk ) haha
    Tell that to all the top rogues who left the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    God rogues are whiny people. It makes me almost ashamed to still be a main rogue. I've said this in other threads and I'll say it here so pay attention: rogues are fine, we aren't broken, we never were broken. This happens EVERY expansion because we are probably the most gear dependent class in the game when you account for how we scale with gear (unlike a warrior who is also gear dependent but doesn't scale as well). This means we always suck at the beginning, are average or slightly above in the second tier and then top charts and rock faces in the last tier. It's been like that every since TBC when my rogue dinged max level and might have been that way in vanilla.

Quit bitching, get better gear, play better and deal with the cycle better next time. Raids still bring rogues, challenge modes still have rogues with gold, top arena teams will still have rogues. Just because you suck doesn't mean we are broken. But that goes for all classes, there are a lot more bads than good players (pve and pvp).
    Same as above. Can you explain me why so many top rogues have left the class? Can you explain me why rogue is so underrepresented in arena 3s right now? If it wasn't for Ecliptium, I wouldn't know a single top rogue playing at gladiator range (not sure where Woundman is now). Watch Vanguards or Reckful's stream, tell me how many rogues they play against. Watch Ecliptium (rogue), tell me against how many rogues he plays against. Open the ladders, tell me how many you see there.

You talk about challenge modes? First team to get to gold said that they brought rogues exclusively for SOC because they had weak burst, mobility and survivability compared to other classes.

But hey, people like Reckful or Neilyo probably just suck, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    50k? My first raid Ive just scored a 172k Ambush and a 280k eviscerate. If you hit 50k Ambushes you doing it wrong, just questing I can easily crit 80-90k Ambushes. My ilevel is currently 469.
    I hope you're being sarcastic. If not link your logs and armory.

15+ Year Old Account
    Beta is Beta™

...Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Angryst View Post
    I hope you're being sarcastic. If not link your logs and armory.
    Realised ofc that that huger crits were with 30% increased crit damage from warrior, but you can still see the numbers

Look at these big ballers in here braggin' - y'know what? I'm calling you out. Post your armory links and the logs, otherwise stfu & gtfo, straight up.
    I don't believe you for a minute.
    I'm specifically looking at you, Xanjori & Rory. Show 'em or reveal your true troll colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post

You keep saying that... and I'll keep telling you to actually bother to go back and look at rogue changes. Do you remember the insane buffs we got 1-2 months into cata? Do you remember the 10% extra AP they gave melee in DS? Do you remember the absolutely insane improvement to poisons at the end of ToC?

We may scale well with gear, but we only ever ended up fine by the end because we got buffed a lot along the way. You make it seem like gear was the only primary factor which is incredibly ignorant.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-egifipgkqfz0wonv/

Id link armoury, but EU website is slow as fuck, but you can serch for Xanjori.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 11:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lichu View Post
    Look at these big ballers in here braggin' - y'know what? I'm calling you out. Post your armory links and the logs, otherwise stfu & gtfo, straight up.
    I don't believe you for a minute.
    I'm specifically looking at you, Xanjori & Rory. Show 'em or reveal your true troll colors.
    Last edited by Xanjori; 2012-10-11 at 10:10 PM.

Deleted
    I literally shouted for fucks sake when I scrolled down the notes expecting a huge list of rogue changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-egifipgkqfz0wonv/

Id link armoury, but EU website is slow as fuck, but you can google Xanjori.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 11:59 PM ----------

Also I dont give a shit how bad you are, either L2p the fucking game or just go away, cba dealing with people that are fucking clueless and would rather moan than l2p.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Xanjori/simple

ahaha, look at this guy. SO PRO! really man, just stop. Painfully obvious you're not grasping what's being discussed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lichu View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Xanjori/simple

ahaha, look at this guy. SO PRO! really man, just stop. Wicked cold Chromium coaster you got there.
    I like how he hasn't killed a single non-LFR boss. Think you got the wrong armory unless it hasn't updated. Nope; just hasn't updated. Unless... is that a log from LFR?! Logs are having issues differentiating right now.

74k Ambush. 100k less than he is claiming.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-10-11 at 10:24 PM.