Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    People shouldn't complain about a simple recolour. It is a new, unique model to World of Warcraft, and you're all whining about it.

You can't expect a totally new model just after an expansion launch, but this for 150 mounts. You can even get to around 250+ mounts, so I wouldn't bother getting upset when you consider there are at least another 2 achievements to come, maybe even within this expansion?
    You Can't get 250+ Mounts on a single character. I couldn't get to 250 even if I had all the TCG mounts. And I've got 2 retired mounts.

Well it's about time we got the an achievement for having 150 mounts. That kite thing is pretty cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    Feels like it's an expansion too late. 150 would have worked for Cataclysm but seeing as we're in Mist of Pandaria now, 200 would be a more reasonable number. I've got 178 mounts and I'm far from done.
    I just finally got to 100 with account wide mounts. The only rare drops I was able to get so far were anzu, swift white hawkstrider, and the brewfest ram. I've done Sethekk Halls over 100x, MGT over 100x, and baron over 200x. And I have been doing holidays since tbc for mounts.

I know they added a fuckton of new mounts in this expansion, so if I get exalted with every faction I might get 150. Maybe.

---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 01:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Trial of the Crusader had 12 mounts? I am thinking of the dragonhawk from the top of my head. And ofc...the mounts in MoP are all from exhalted. If you are exhalted by now with all these factions - man...you got a LOOOT of time at your hands to play.
    Yeah, 2 mounts of each racial faction at the time (5x2= 10, a flying mount (dragonhawk/hippogryph) and a argent land mount (horse for ally), and the argent charger for paladins only).
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

I'm at 160 and I've only bought one Mists mount, the cloud serpent you can raise. Mists has a ton of mounts. I'd say it should be 200 as 150 is much too easy to get now.
    Last edited by KCguy; 2012-10-14 at 08:00 AM.

I've been waiting two years for them to raise the bar for mount collectors, because I'm constantly getting new mounts, and I wanted to be rewarded for it. I was expecting something REALLY extravagant. The coolest mount I could imagine was an Infinite Drake mount made up to look just like Murozond/Nozdormu from End Time, or a BLACK firehawk. Something COOL. Something SLEEK.

A kite is NOT cool, and it is definitely not sleek. There isn't a problem with recoloring drake mounts if the colors are bad ass. Put red flame designs on it and give it huge devil horns and a goatee, I don't care. That's what's cool, not kites.

Don't we already get a kite from a reputation achievement? And it's RED? I like red a lot better than green, so if I'm going to ride one of the two kites (I never will), it's going to be the red one. Why green of all colors? I know some people like green, but... it's not attractive. And the way characters ride them... surfing on it like that. I just do not like them. Why not give us a mount that's really animated and beautiful and big and noisy? Anything but a kite.

Please, God, I am crossing my fingers that Blizzard changes this.

Mounts that are better than kites:
    -Pterodax
    -Bat
    -Murozond style Infinite Drake
    -A flying flaming cat with huge horns and bat wings and fangs hanging past its jaw and blood dripping off of its chin and a spiked back and a scorpion tail
    -A Manticore (one that doesn't look as dumb as windriders)
    -A half-wolf/dragon or half-horse/dragon (not like Invincible) for both Horde and Alliance
    -The Astral Cloud Serpent should have been the reward to match the Celestial Dragon pet that was awarded for 150 pets, not a rare from Mogo'Shan

ANY of these things, and about a million more like them, would have required very little imagination. You just have to have an imagination that doesn't SUCK. KITES. FTW.

Deleted
    Well, to be honest ... I see it's to keep in theme with the whole Mists of Pandaria but it's just... such an anti-climax.
    50 Mounts - fuck yeah I got me a DRAKE! And... IT'S ALBINO!?
    100 Mounts - A dragonhawk, kinda cool, unique It's not epic but you know it's a symbol of a big throbbing... Stable I have
    150 Mounts - HOLY SHIT I managed 150 mounts! OMG, ... It's a kite. Aren't mounts... mostly animals?

It's like your birthday, you've asked for like this present like 3/4's of the year, let's say a console you've wanted and you're SO certain it's coming and the big day comes!
    You get your presents AAAAAAND, it's a sweatshirt. That's how it feels, you're pleased it's nice but... After waiting so long it's a bit of a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by xEvangelionx View Post
    Well, to be honest ... I see it's to keep in theme with the whole Mists of Pandaria but it's just... such an anti-climax.
    50 Mounts - fuck yeah I got me a DRAKE! And... IT'S ALBINO!?
    100 Mounts - A dragonhawk, kinda cool, unique It's not epic but you know it's a symbol of a big throbbing... Stable I have
    150 Mounts - HOLY SHIT I managed 150 mounts! OMG, ... It's a kite. Aren't mounts... mostly animals?

It's like your birthday, you've asked for like this present like 3/4's of the year, let's say a console you've wanted and you're SO certain it's coming and the big day comes!
    You get your presents AAAAAAND, it's a sweatshirt. That's how it feels, you're pleased it's nice but... After waiting so long it's a bit of a disappointment.
    its more like saying you want a PSP and you get a Game Boy Color, if you ask me.

I like the kite.

But without grinding loads of old reps, and getting rare drops, 150 is much more than the average player has, or will get. If you excluded TCG mounts, rare drops, and cash shop/raf mounts, how many are available? I doubt its 200, and if so just barely.

I really want a balloon.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    I like the kite.

But without grinding loads of old reps, and getting rare drops, 150 is much more than the average player has, or will get. If you excluded TCG mounts, rare drops, and cash shop/raf mounts, how many are available? I doubt its 200, and if so just barely.

I really want a balloon.
    http://www.warcraftmounts.com/ there are over 200 mounts.

I have 121 and I don't have any TCG ones, don't have the new turtles or the fished up one, don't have all the meta mounts or many of the rare drops, I don't have all the argent tourney ones. Just from the turtle mounts and argent ones I don't have yet, I should hit 140 (argent warhorse, argent hippo, 4 100 token faction mounts, 12 turtle mounts), then a bit of running old stuffs for fill in here and there. I do have spectral griffin and zhevra.

The one mount I wish I could have, since 90% of my toons are now alliance, is the undercity mount from argent tourney that I paid 100 tokens to acquire, it is one of the sexier mounts in game to me, but, prefer my blue dragonhawk to the red one, so I guess a fair traid. I'm going to look up what easy ones I can get ... and I'm keeping my eyes out for a spectral cheap, my wife has both ... wish she could put one in a cage and give it to me

Back to the point of the reply to you ... not EVERYTHING needs to be easily attainable; and nearly everything is, in due time. Iron Chef is a perfect example. To have gotten that pre-MoP, you'd have to have nearly every recipe in the game except for the epic chimera chops, being a rogue with thistle tea would've helped. You pretty much had to farm dig rat stew. But that was fine, if you wanted that. Achievements are not a requirement, but sorta meta goals to get you exploring or ideas of things to do if you feel 'bored'.

I'd say, you could have a balloon, but, you can only go where it takes you, you can't 'fly it', you ride it, like a real balloon. You can only adjust its height.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Should have been a cloud serpent not a lame ass kite
    I'd rather the kite,i have 3 cloud serpents and i hate them

Oh look at that, My opinion is different from yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    I'd rather the kite,i have 3 cloud serpents and i hate them

Oh look at that, My opinion is different from yours!
    And I would rather have gotten the Heavenly Azure Cloud Serpent over the Jade Pandaren Kite. Both models are already in the game. And Heavenly Cloud Serpents will actually be somewhat rare to see. Everyone will have a Kite mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    People shouldn't complain about a simple recolour. It is a new, unique model to World of Warcraft, and you're all whining about it.

You can't expect a totally new model just after an expansion launch, but this for 150 mounts. You can even get to around 250+ mounts, so I wouldn't bother getting upset when you consider there are at least another 2 achievements to come, maybe even within this expansion?
    Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm not complaining about it being a recolor. I wouldn't have minded if they slapped a saddle on the old infinite drake and gave it to us. I'm perturbed about it being a KITE. Now, we've yet to see the model. Maybe this is the single most bad-ass looking kite in WoW, that looks half-dragon and half-harrier jet, but I doubt it. I don't think the kite models we've seen constitute a very "epic" reward.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-10-14 at 10:50 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    The one mount I wish I could have, since 90% of my toons are now alliance, is the undercity mount from argent tourney that I paid 100 tokens to acquire, it is one of the sexier mounts in game to me, but, prefer my blue dragonhawk to the red one, so I guess a fair traid.
    Go farm Rivendare's Deathcharger. Only undead mount you can have as Alliance, and I mean, I was running Undead Strat in under 5min, at 85... At 90, it should collapse around you when you sneeze.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    The achievement will not go by what your armory says. It will go by what your in-game character has available to him/her. Across all toons, I have 251 mounts. But if they added a 250 mount achievement, I wouldn't get it.
    This is incorrect, my friends druid has 94 mounts available to her, but yet has the 100 mount achieve due to her dk/lock/paladin each having both their class mounts.

Watch the kite be for something completely unrelated and the 150 mount achievement award absolutely nothing.

Honestly I collect mounts because I enjoy doing so. If I do end up getting a special kite for my collection, I'll fly said kite proudly.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Watch the kite be for something completely unrelated and the 150 mount achievement award absolutely nothing.

Honestly I collect mounts because I enjoy doing so. If I do end up getting a special kite for my collection, I'll fly said kite proudly.
    It's confirmed to be the reward.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was serioulsy hoping for another color of the "heavenly cloud serpents" mount. The Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent from the Sha of Anger looks amazing! I would've wanted a Jade or Golden one like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    This is incorrect, my friends druid has 94 mounts available to her, but yet has the 100 mount achieve due to her dk/lock/paladin each having both their class mounts.
    Link the profile?

---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 08:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm not complaining about it being a recolor. I wouldn't have minded if they slapped a saddle on the old infinite drake and gave it to us. I'm perturbed about it being a KITE. Now, we've yet to see the model. Maybe this is the single most bad-ass looking kite in WoW, that looks half-dragon and half-harrier jet, but I doubt it. I don't think the kite models we've seen constitute a very "epic" reward.
    The Jade Pandaren Kite model is already in the game. It was in the beta. It just wasn't called "Jade" but "Green".

I'd rather have a kite than another recoloured serpent whose animations make me nauseated.

I'm at 202 mounts but for some reason my alliance alt's basic collection of alliance faction mounts is counted, while my paladin's and warlock's mounts aren't. Not sure how Blizzard will calculate the number for the achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy they finally added this achivement. Ended mop at 156. Sitting at 176 now, And still missing some of the JC mounts and exp yak. Hope they add 200 one soon.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!