Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

So we finally got a 150 mount achievement

Just came with the new PTR patch:

Horde: http://ptr.wowdb.com/achievements/78...addles#0-16139
    Alliance: http://ptr.wowdb.com/achievements/78...addles#0-16139

Reward seems to be a kite, most likely looking like the flight paths in Pandaria!
    Last edited by mmoc5f2b8de45d; 2012-10-11 at 07:29 PM.

Feels like it's an expansion too late. 150 would have worked for Cataclysm but seeing as we're in Mist of Pandaria now, 200 would be a more reasonable number. I've got 178 mounts and I'm far from done.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaskhalsen View Post
    Reward seems to be a kite, most likely looking like the flight paths in Pandaria!
    Another one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Every word I read of that post has your credibility plummeting like a hooker getting a suitcase full of money for a BJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Lypo View Post
    This one is less far annoying to farm tho..Since I already have 150+ mounts

...A kite?

That's not a unique mount...But I'm not surprised, the first achievement had a very uninspired, bland mount for reward and these kites are the same thing. I'll get another free mount though so meh. Perhaps the 200+ achievement will be nicer, I'd love to see that green Fire Hawk or perhaps a completely new model of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ...A kite?

That's not a unique mount...But I'm not surprised, the first achievement had a very uninspired, bland mount for reward and these kites are the same thing. I'll get another free mount though so meh. Perhaps the 200+ achievement will be nicer, I'd love to see that green Fire Hawk or perhaps a completely new model of some sort.
    The 100 mount ach is pretty basic now. You can get it as horde via toc dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    This one is less far annoying to farm tho..Since I already have 150+ mounts
    But a mount collector would still get it. Seeing as every rep in MoP gives mounts at exalted:

Golden Lotus: Crane Mounts
    Klaxxis: Scorpion Mount
    Shado-Pan: Tiger Mounts
    August Celestials: Thundering Cloud Serpents
    Anglers: Water Striders
    Tillers: Goats

Deleted
    Another simple recolour, wonderful.

150 seems too low. Sure I've collected some mounts in my time, but I've never gone for some of the mounts that are very hard to get. And I sure don't have all the low drop mounts. Yet I'm already well over 150.

And I just broke 225 last night...

Need something to strive for, where is 200 and 250? Account wide made a huge difference, some people are close to 300 now.

A title or something would be nice at some point, once you have a lot of rare mounts you tend to have favorites anyways, especially at the "final" level when increasing the count is meaningless.
    Last edited by Aluminum; 2012-10-11 at 09:59 PM.

The worst part about this is that its a recolour, is it really that hard for blizzard to put in unique mounts for the highest mount achieves?

10+ Year Old Account
    They dont like to use unique models for things barely anyone will get. Most mount collectors have awesome looking mounts anyway, so would probably be wasted on them. Personally i use a random mount addon so i dont mind recolours really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aluminum View Post

Need something to strive for, where is 200 and 250? Account wide made a huge difference, some people are close to 300 now.
    Thats pretty funny.
    I have 162, and im only missing 110.
    That adds up to 272.

Or do the cross-faction mounts that you cant access count?

they use unique mounts for store, collectors gets the scrap, just look at the pets from collecting

Jesus christ.. 180 mounts?!?!

About time! However a reskin of what is to me a very unimpressive mount is a horrible reward. As mount collectors we will be the most likely to have one of every iteration so why not give us something unique to strive to... or at least interesting. Just my two cents.

I'm happy that we finally got the achievement, but I'm not happy about the reward being a recolour.

Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    Feels like it's an expansion too late. 150 would have worked for Cataclysm but seeing as we're in Mist of Pandaria now, 200 would be a more reasonable number. I've got 178 mounts and I'm far from done.
    Agreed. They really should add another tier or two to keep us going. They keep adding tiers for pets, so they should do the same for mounts!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wamogri View Post
    Agreed. They really should add another tier or two to keep us going. They keep adding tiers for pets, so they should do the same for mounts!
    But pets are casual.
    Casuals deserve more.

Deleted
    Great... And i just transfered and lost over 40 mounts..

i was at 150 when pandaland hit, up to 176 since MoP began 25th, 200 mount achievement isnt unreasonable, and 250 is possible, i guess we can wait and hope?
    I see Stupid people!