Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Step in the good direction, cannot understand why we didnt have this in cata though.

10+ Year Old Account
    and i cannot understand how people can complain about a freebie.. any freebie in that matter.

for the timeline.... most people, who collected mounts, only broke the 100 mount barrier during wotlk.
    There was no point for adding a higher achievement during cata. The philosophy of the game shifted over the years. What ever the achievement was, most of them have had a bit of a meaning. Be it a raiding, pvp, or profession achievement, there was a smaller group of people getting them, and the majority of people followed over a long period of time, if at all.
    Today achievements are rather there for everyone as a side effect, and to get much easier...
    A lot more mounts than needed... A lot more pets than needed.. A lot more cooking recipes than needed... Reputations a lot faster and easier...
    and the list goes on..
    One can now argue whether that's good or not. But it is what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teyen View Post
    It's so dissapointing. A kite! I didn't mind the dragonhawk or albino dragon, but a kite??? They should at least give us like a Jade, Azure or Golden Heavenly Cloud Serpent(since the only cool Heavenly serpents are almost unobtainable to some people like the Onyx one :< ), just a better looking mount than a kite would be so much better But well, they might change it since it's not live yet.(Hopefully)
    Its all a matter of opinion, i think a kite is pretty cool and it represents the expansion, plus, we already have cloud serpents coming out of our ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    and i cannot understand how people can complain about a freebie.. any freebie in that matter.

for the timeline.... most people, who collected mounts, only broke the 100 mount barrier during wotlk.
    There was no point for adding a higher achievement during cata. The philosophy of the game shifted over the years. What ever the achievement was, most of them have had a bit of a meaning. Be it a raiding, pvp, or profession achievement, there was a smaller group of people getting them, and the majority of people followed over a long period of time, if at all.
    Today achievements are rather there for everyone as a side effect, and to get much easier...
    A lot more mounts than needed... A lot more pets than needed.. A lot more cooking recipes than needed... Reputations a lot faster and easier...
    and the list goes on..
    One can now argue whether that's good or not. But it is what it is.
    What are you smoking? Reputations easier? Did you know about tabards before MoP?

Deleted
    Seems like i will have to start collecting mounts again. Was at 138 before the merge, 139 with it and 142 currently i think. Oh well, no biggie.

Its okay I suppose, not something I see myself using all the time though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be a unique model. It's a reward for doing something, an achievement . People work hard to get the dungeon drop mounts and what not. We deserve more than just a pallet changed mount. I say they can keep it, it's trash and an insult to any serious collector.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    Should be a unique model. It's a reward for doing something, an achievement . People work hard to get the dungeon drop mounts and what not. We deserve more than just a pallet changed mount. I say they can keep it, it's trash and an insult to any serious collector.

Your rewards for working hard to get the dungeon drop mounts were the dungeon drop mounts. If you're an actual serious mount collector, getting the kite involves no work whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post

Your rewards for working hard to get the dungeon drop mounts were the dungeon drop mounts. If you're an actual serious mount collector, getting the kite involves no work whatsoever.
    exactly this, i had 150 at the end of cata, and currently have 184 mounts, ill be staying ahead of the curve by getting 200 asap, because there will be an achievement for that in the future
    I see Stupid people!

I wish it was a bat
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    And I was thinking earlier today that I need to prepare to get all craft mounts and glory of achieves to get get another 15 mounts to ding 200 mounts for the next achie, but I must say that kite is a rather lackluster after have been flying around with the red one abit.. :/ but who knows maybe they put in a 200+ achie to and use some awesome or unique as a reward there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    Seems like i will have to start collecting mounts again. Was at 138 before the merge, 139 with it and 142 currently i think. Oh well, no biggie.
    An easy solution for u if u don't wanna farm reps: assuming u got all cap cities mount from ur faction, make a DK of each race of the opposite faction (since going thru the DK starting zone is super fast)(diff servers ofc), and buy the respective racial mounts. The counter adds up BOTH ally and horde mounts.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Anyankha View Post
    An easy solution for u if u don't wanna farm reps: assuming u got all cap cities mount from ur faction, make a DK of each race of the opposite faction (since going thru the DK starting zone is super fast)(diff servers ofc), and buy the respective racial mounts. The counter adds up BOTH ally and horde mounts.
    The in-game achievements will not track mounts available for one faction on your opposing factions toon. For example, my Blood Elf does not get in-game credit for my alliance only mounts such as the Racial mounts.

150 mount and all you get is this kite? they need to put this on a t-shirt jejeje. I agree 150 is a simple feast. On cata people were reaching 160+ and more, they need to put a 200 achievement as well ( not another kite with a different color, but like 1 of those heavenly cloud serpent would be nice)

Deleted
    We really need a 200 mount achievement, 150 is far too easy.

As for the Kite I actually really like the recolor, the one you get from having all Exalted factions just looks like the flightpath kite blown off course, I don't look twice at it when I'm in Pandaria.

Deleted
    Quite boring.... 150 Mounts is far too low. Would have been an important achievment 2 years ago.
    There needs to be a 200 Mount Achievment and with 5.3 or 5.4 the 250 one.
    So you actually have something to work for.

Deleted
    A mount is a mount, can't argue! 150 achievement is a prestige in itself

Deleted
    Except that it isnt such a big deal anymore I got 123 mounts. And I do not have a single "Glory of the x raider" And only got the Red flying cloud/pandaren racial from mop

I think that it would be better as a cloud serpent, rather than a kite.

I dunno, the model is just pretty dull.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keakee View Post
    I think that it would be better as a cloud serpent, rather than a kite.

I dunno, the model is just pretty dull.
    Maybe if almost every other mount in MoP wasn't a cloud serpent. There are only so many different cloud serpents you can give before it is no longer cool. A kite is cool cause its different even though it isn't unique. A unique would have been the best bet.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."