Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Right then. Fuck it. Kill everyone and let Elune sort it all out.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    I was hoping a hulking brute like we seen in Ragefire Chasm, but if they make him a Hulking Brute with Sha Corruption that a Win in my book.
    and here i thought i had been reading somewhere, that people were convinced garrosh wasnt going to be corrupted by anything, that he was just a bad egg...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    omfg he killed Anduin. What about army of light and all that stuff? Holy cow now Alliance has some real reason to bring the war to Orgrimmar.
    Southshore.
    Ashenvale.
    Gilneas.
    Arathi.
    Andorhal
    Hinterlands.
    Swamp of Sorrows.
    Blasted Lands.
    Vash'jr
    Twilight Highlands.
    Tol Barad
    Theramore

I'd say the Alliance has had plenty of "real reasons".

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    We cannot say for certain if Anduin dies. This may be an instance of him being presumed dead. But for now I will assume he is dead as this is all we have.

If Anduin truly dies then I am left speechless by this. "Don't worry Alliance you'll get your payback in MoP".

Theramore get's destroyed.
    Jaina becomes neutral.
    Now Anduin, a character being developed in all the right ways for Alliance leadership and to lead the Army of Light, dies along with another flipping victory for Garrosh?

If this really is the case it is beyond absurd.
    The final raid of this expansion is the Siege of Orgrimmar where the leader of the Horde either gets killed or is arrested for war crimes. Of course the Horde is going to "win" through the majority of the expansion. It'd be pretty shitty storytelling to have the Horde get steamrolled all the way up to the end.

Deleted
    If Garrosh somehow really kills him I guess Sylvanas will ressurect him (her playing a role in that hole Garrosh thing as Dave Kossak said).
    Garrosh kills Sylvanas, Anduin new Forsaken leader.
    Velen doesn't understand what's going on and Lor'themar will do something big that nobody cares about.
    Sounds about right to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    well he had to kill SOMEONE to send a message aobut the consequences with dealing with the Horde...it is possible he did not die because we are not seeing ALL of the dialogue atm and someone might have interfered last second and sacrificed themselves to protect the Prince (someone of high power?) and he let the prince go to deliver the story of the has transpired.
    He sent that "message" by blowing up Theramore, read the book.
    (Sorry if someone has already replied on this)

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 11:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    The final raid of this expansion is the Siege of Orgrimmar where the leader of the Horde either gets killed or is arrested for war crimes. Of course the Horde is going to "win" through the majority of the expansion. It'd be pretty shitty storytelling to have the Horde get steamrolled all the way up to the end.
    Horde and alliance is working together to take down Garrosh, we do it together, everyone wants him dead, we are not getting Steamrolled.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 11:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    Southshore.
    Ashenvale.
    Gilneas.
    Arathi.
    Andorhal
    Hinterlands.
    Swamp of Sorrows.
    Blasted Lands.
    Vash'jr
    Twilight Highlands.
    Tol Barad
    Theramore

I'd say the Alliance has had plenty of "real reasons".
    Read the newest WoW book please, Varian took a charge at Orgrimmar, but lost cause Garrosh had alot of huge sea monsters to stop it, and only alive cause Thrall stopped Jaina from Sending a huge water elemental to take down whole orgrimmar.

Maybe it's not an obvious death... Maybe Garrosh just kicks Anduin off a cliff/waterfall or something and we all assume he died. But then PLOT TWIST he pops out of no where later on in the expansion having survived.

It won't be obvious of what happens until we hear Anduin's voice files or see the actual event. If he's gurgling blood, then... well... um. Yeah. Dayum Garrosh, you scary.

10+ Year Old Account
    The irony if Aduin does die and this does rally the Alliance into full on slaughter mode this would be the second Aduin to have this effect on the Alliance and propel them to a turning point in the war AKA Aduin Lothar.
    but on the other hand i can see this as a means thought up by wrathion to dethrone garrosh and to finally have some form of peace so they can finally understand the upcoming invasion.....which they should be well a fucking ware of since they know they didnt defeat the Burning Legion
    Last edited by Shroud; 2012-10-11 at 11:28 PM.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Looks to me like the scenario will have two separate outcomes depending on your choices--one bit of scripting has him let Anduin go to deliver a warning to Varian, the other has him kill Anduin as a warning. The only hangup will be seeing which path Blizz makes canon in 5.2 and on.
    You are hearing it wrong. He is talking to ANOTHER person saying ´you can live´.. he isn´t talking to the prince.. He killed the prince, then sent a witness back to the king to tell him.

The way that the dialogue plays out makes me think that Garrosh is speaking (in finale 2) from only an understanding that anduin is dead. If he killed him himself he would have said so to the player/whomever he is talking two, just for clarity, and because its his type of personality. You would assume he would gloat when he can, saying that he killed the prince, rather than 'the prince is dead'.

My thoughts nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Findus707 View Post
    Horde and alliance is working together to take down Garrosh, we do it together, everyone wants him dead, we are not getting Steamrolled.
    They said both factions have a reason to want to defeat Garrosh. They never said both factions were working together to do it. Just like ICC, both factions had reason to kill the Lich King but each raid is different and only one faction got to kill him after the other was eliminated during the Gunship battle.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Please, lets not go overboard here.

He'll just be neutral and then after we kill Sargeras he will just stay on Argus for all of time to help players in the past.
    Except the part where he was foreshadowed to die...just saying...
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    Since when the hell did Garrosh turn into a Sith Lord?

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Okay so I have a friend whose cousin works at a startup in Irvine and he's best friends with a guy at Blizzard and this is where I heard this. Here's what happens.

So basically, Garrosh really does kill Anduin and we're all shocked on both factions. Vol'jin then contacts the player character and tells him that Garrosh is going too far by using the Sha. The hero and Vol'jin then go to see Wrathion and Wrathion says that he knew this would happen, which is why he came to Pandaria in the first place. Wrathion will reveal that there needs to be a quick war between Horde and Alliance before a greater enemy (hint hint) reveals itself and utilizes the Horde as its tool. However, to fight said greater enemy, they need Anduin alive because he's going to be very important in that fight.

Here's where it gets interesting. So Wrathion, with the help of Velen, finds out that there is an artifact in Outland that can be used to travel through time called the Eye of the Storm. Wrathion and Velen send the hero to Outland to retrieve the artifact and bring it back. After doing so, Vol'jin, Wrathion and Velen meet with the hero and explain that there is a plan. Someone from the Shado-pan (not sure who) is called out and reveals that they know the secret of animating stone from the Mogu, but that it's imperfect and the animated statue is lifeless. Still, they have been busy making a stone statue of Anduin. (The player is sent on numerous quests to retrieve other artifacts to animate the stone Anduin, etc.)

Finally, the statue Anduin is read and the Eye of the Storm is in hand. Wrathion uses the Eye of the Storm to open a portal that sends the player to just moments before Anduin's death. Upon arrival, time is frozen. The player quickly animates the stone Anduin and REPLACES the real Anduin with the animated stone copy. Then the hero steps back through the portal to the present time and the scene of Garrosh killing Anduin completes, but this time it's the animated stone Anduin!

Upon returning to the present, Wrathion, Velen and Vol'jin explain to Anduin what is going on and that he must be in hiding. Anduin is then taken by the Shado-pan guy (sorry, no idea who it is yet) and hidden. He will be "trained" during his absence to prepare him for the coming battle.

So basically it's all a setup by Wrathion with the help of Velen and Vol'jin and the Shado-pan to cover it up. It's supposed to end with finally eliminating the greatest of the Sha, who will in the end be contaminating Garrosh's body (and which we will kill at the end of the expack).

Sounds pretty cool!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
    SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER
    Sounds pretty cool!
    If this is true (skeptical ) there basically pulling a Chrono Trigger on us?

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    If this is true (skeptical ) there basically pulling a Chrono Trigger on us?
    Sounds fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
    SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER
    I was highly skeptical... then I realized this is World of Warcraft, which is the bottom of the barrel as far a writing is concerned.

You probably just described what is going to happen exactly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    Sounds fake.
    sounds like hes been playing to much chrono trigger...but if IF this is true ill eat my words

Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    sounds like hes been playing to much chrono trigger...but if IF this is true ill eat my words
    Playing too much Chrono Trigger + looking at new scenarios

Deleted
    If you can't predict the shit I'm about to lay down from a mile off you are a fool. Anduin "dies" but his body somehow can't be found yet Varian believes him to be dead so goes fucking apeshit, yet at the end of the expansion during the siege he returns and being the incorruptable symbol of hope bullshit that he is begs for mercy when Garrosh is on his knees. Varian actually accepts then Garrosh goes to kill Varian when he's back is turned or some shit, but Vol'jin who was also fighting fires "that arrow" into his heart and then finally Saurfang finishes him and cuts off his head. And that'll be GG for MoP. You're welcome.