Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    We cannot say for certain if Anduin dies.
    Well as far as Hellscream knows the prince is dead and he killed him rest we shall wait and see

oh and btw ....FTH!

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    OK to those that saying he let him live...how do you explain this...

Listen CAREFULLY @ 5:35:00

EDIT: dam you people for making me doubt I missheard things when you people didn't listen to the whole thing

Note how that part is under "FINAL 2"

Note how the first part were he says he lets "some one" live is in "FINAL 1"

There are two finals.

Two endings.

Both have similarities, but both have endings.

I have stayed my blade for I have great respect of many members of the horde over the years. But if any harm comes to my prince it will not be beer you will drink when this war ends, it will be the blood of the horde. For Elune and For the Alliance!!

15+ Year Old Account
    This wont be the end, Anduin has to big a destiny to fulfill.

Well the fact that Garrosh seeks to control a sha artifact of sorts...pretty much confirms speculation that he gets infested by the Sha.

Andy and Gary fuse and become one man-boy-orc at the end of the expansion giving way to a new neutral faction! /ohgodno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    wait...does he not let Anduin live?

Or was that someone else he was talking to...
    Looks to me like the scenario will have two separate outcomes depending on your choices--one bit of scripting has him let Anduin go to deliver a warning to Varian, the other has him kill Anduin as a warning. The only hangup will be seeing which path Blizz makes canon in 5.2 and on.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Augrelle View Post
    Note how that part is under "FINAL 2"

Note how the first part were he says he lets "some one" live is in "FINAL 1"

There are two finals.

Two endings.

Both have similarities, but both have endings.
    Well like I said before we only know 1/2 the story for now so I guess we wait and see

Let this be true, not because I dislike Anduin, but because it would be proof that Velen is faking those visions and just seeks atention

listened to it again and calling it now.

Finale 1: Alliance ending with Gary telling the player to report back to their king
    Finale 2: Horde ending with Gary talking to you as the player after it saying "I need to think..."

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Looks to me like the scenario will have two separate outcomes depending on your choices--one bit of scripting has him let Anduin go to deliver a warning to Varian, the other has him kill Anduin as a warning. The only hangup will be seeing which path Blizz makes canon in 5.2 and on.
    duel endings based on our decision?

Rofl, Anduin's life is kinda a big thing to have 2 seperate time-lines for.
    Plus, would seem weird that Blizz made the voice-acting for differant endings but still had not decided on which to use..,....
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Let this be true, not because I dislike Anduin, but because it would be proof that Velen is faking those visions and just seeks atention
    No one ever said Anduin was the one to be Leading the Army of Light. For all we know, it could be Wrathion. But if he has visions and so does Wrathion- im guessing he's right until a certain point.

Thats how it seems, but this isn't an RPG where everyones outcome can be different because the story is canon only to their own little world they forged by decisions throughout the game. WoW is a game with a specific storyline, nothing really diverges or contradicts itself, there aren't alternate realities etc. What happens happens. (Yes I'm well aware that theres the caverns of time, and the whole retcon of the draenei, but neither of those apply to the actual storyline that we follow in the game).

Quote Originally Posted by Baladash View Post

Finale 1: Alliance ending with Gary telling the player to report back to their king
    Finale 2: Horde ending with Gary talking to you as the player after it saying "I need to think..."
    This sounds 100% right and logical.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I like Fable-style game choices...how would that affect the rest of the patch? Say 50% of players kill him and 50% let him live. How does the story continue for those people. Would we be phased out for rest of patch? It seems unlikely that you'd get a choice as to what to do because that will affect the rest of the story development from your perspective and would conflict with others that chose the opposite.

How would this play out?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Well. He didn't say Anduin would be leading the armies of light while being -alive-. :P

Also keep in mind that patch 5.2 has the Wrathion quest achievement called "the Two Princes", maybe Wrathion will end up trying to resurrect Anduin or something...
    Somthing will happen to Anduin in 5.2 OR Wrathion's Brother comes out of hidding and 2 princes fight for control. O damnn WoW is soooo awesome right now. Best Xpac ever.

Anduin confirmed for new Forsaken leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Thats how it seems, but this isn't an RPG where everyones outcome can be different because the story is canon only to their own little world they forged by decisions throughout the game. WoW is a game with a specific storyline, nothing really diverges or contradicts itself, there aren't alternate realities etc. What happens happens. (Yes I'm well aware that theres the caverns of time, and the whole retcon of the draenei, but neither of those apply to the actual storyline that we follow in the game).
    Wouldn't be the first time they've retconned what players participated in. Onyxia was originally found out by a group of Alliance adventurers with some work done by Horde adventurers, uncovered in Stormwind by a recently-freed marshal, and defeated in her lair by adventurers. In the comics, Varian gets all the credit for that.

With that in mind, it's not unrealistic to think one path simply doesn't happen, or the 'kill' path is revealed that Anduin manages to survive, albeit heavily-injured, and Garrosh simply assumed he died (it's not like Garrosh is terribly smart, especially while high on battle-lust).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    wait...does he not let Anduin live?

Or was that someone else he was talking to...
    Listen from 5 min to the end he says "atleast the human prince is dead, now Wrynn will think twice before defying us again" or something in that sence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baladash View Post

That make sense to me now. Thanks for the perspective and appreciate the input. Makes sense that Garrosh would let us the players live to tell the King his son is dead.