Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Thing is we know the endgame of this war and it consists of us helping the resolve their political problem. That isn't retribution for the Alliance.

The reason "it's a video game" is important is because of the simple fact that you play and experience the game story for fun. What is fun or enjoyable about the current Alliance story line?
    This is a good point. How "fun" is it for the story line for alliance? Most of our constested zones in cata questing is a desperate struggle for survival, barely being able to hold our own while re-enforcement are severely late and us suffering casualties. The horde does suffer some casualties, but not to the level as the alliance. One of the few "feel good" or "the alliance wins for once" zones is the swamp of sorrows.

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    well a) it is not really clear if he is speaking to him or to someone else and b) this is only one sided dialogue so it is possible as I have stated recently that someone might have intercepted his swing when he went in for the kill with "DIE WHELP!" so it is likely but would be interesting nonetheless
    Finale 2 Garrosh says, "At least the human prince is dead..." Doesn't even leave a hint as to an interception.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    this is how i see it, Anduin has connections to all the faction leaders who thus far have little motivation to up and go to war but if he does die, this very well couold be the rallying cry the alliance leaders need to unite behind Varian and kill garosh. Like in the avengers, when the one guy dies and the avengers are all like "Hell no!"

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Garrosh and Cairne had an antagonistic relationship because Garrosh refused to learn. He abused the letter of the law to slaughter the crew of a badly-damaged Alliance ship that got blown into Horde waters during a horrendous storm, he refused to investigate accusations that there were orcs who butchered and skinned Sentinels (the same Sentinels who were sending his people lumber they needed)
    Where does it say he refused to investigate?
    And i dont no what people are expecting in the World of Warcraft, a Law and Order with Orcs?

And no, those Snetinels were not sending lumber to the Orcs, they had closed trade routes.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Garrosh and Cairne had an antagonistic relationship because Garrosh refused to learn. He abused the letter of the law to slaughter the crew of a badly-damaged Alliance ship that got blown into Horde waters during a horrendous storm, he refused to investigate accusations that there were orcs who butchered and skinned Sentinels (the same Sentinels who were sending his people lumber they needed), and when Cairne came after him, instead of investigating things he challenged Cairne to a duel to the death without even knowing the difference between a poison and the ceremonial oils used in a mak'gora. Baine and Garrosh have an antagonistic relationship because Garrosh killed his father, let the Grimtotem take over Thunder Bluff in a bloody coup, and did nothing to remedy his situation, leaving Baine with no recourse but to go to Jaina (an Alliance leader) for aid. Then Garrosh tried to say, to Baine's face, that by losing the honor of defeating Cairne fairly, he lost as much as Baine did when he lost his father and his people were put through a bloody coup. Then Garrosh began stepping on Baine's rights as Mulgore's sovereign ruler, and almost gets himself and a number of Kor'kron killed by underestimating an enemy he challenged while Baine and Hamuul were working on a solution that would involve minimal loss of life. Sometime between then and the trolls' exodus from Orgrimmar, Vol'jin and Garrosh began butting heads and Vol'jin eventually told Garrosh that he planned to kill him after seeing Garrosh for the monster he'd become.
    Really hope Vol'Jin won't though, if it comes to that, I hope Thrall will still defend Garrosh as he promised he would as "his own child no matter what happends" and he can redeem himself.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    "The Alliance will dispense some justice."

"Anduin dies."

You know what, fuck Blizzard. I'm not calling this true, but if it's true then there's a high chance I'm just done. Done with the game, done with Metzen. You all can enjoy killing Sargeras.
    I'm afraid I was kind of an Anduin "Liker" ... Like I didn't think he was the best character ever, but I always enjoyed Thrall and Jaina how they were a bit more in the grey area and neutral focused and Anduin seemed to be following that path but definitely with a bit more edge towards the Alliance then say Thrall was to the Horde.

If I'm to go off a complete hunch here though, I'm going to say that Anduin doesn't really die, and either he might be saved by someone (SI:7 Agents?) or Garrosh just thinks he killed him or some Orc tells him that they killed him when they actually didn't. Something like that, I don't think they would just drop Anduin like that... Perhaps word reaches Varian that he's dead and that makes Varian go Super Saiyan Ape Shit mode and then gives him and the Alliance an even greater reason to crush Garrosh's forces.

If Anduin really is dead then I will be sad indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Augrelle View Post
    That still doesn't explain why the two parts when Andiun actually SHOWS UP is different.
    The problem isn't that. The problem is as to why Anduin dies since Velen saw him leading the Army of Light. Also if his son is dead Varian won't be doing his tests and bullshit but instead he will be bashing Orc skulls. Pretty sure he is either rezzed or not actually dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    This is what annoys me the most about Vol'Jin. He is THE MOST untroll-like troll. Examples are everywhere, the trolls are a savage race. All their voodoo magic and witch doctors. Cannibalism and sacrifices.

Thrall banned cannibalism for the Darkspear, I'll grant them that untrolly aspect but every tribe apart from the Darkspear are violent as hell. Fighting everybody unless they have allies. In which case that's just a few more folk they won't attack. Suddenly, Vol'Jin comes along and they're all into peace? I don't buy that, to be perfectly honest with you. They don't have to be blood crazed lunatics or primitive but they need their savage element back because now they're just a clone of the Tauren with skinny blue bodies.
    Trolls have their use in the Horde more then you'd expect man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    Btw I assume ur "quote" is about Sargerras? sorry for offtopic
    no it is reffering to if Prince Anduin was resureced by Sylvanas as a forsaken...hence the un-dead prince... hence Prince of the Forsaken

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trolls have their use in the Horde more then you'd expect man.
    I'm not saying they're not a valuable addition to the Horde. I'm just distracted by how similar they are to Tauren and how distanced they are from other Trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Where does it say he refused to investigate?
    Garrosh's own words were that if he had ordered such an attack, he'd scream it from the rooftops to show the Horde still knew how to fight. He says nothing about taking into account the possibility of his underlings going behind his back and does nothing to investigate the butchery.

And no, those Snetinels were not sending lumber to the Orcs, they had closed trade routes.
    Because the Horde refused to investigate when those murders were pinned on the Horde. Before the murders began, the Sentinels sent regular supply routes, and while Thrall explained that his situation was precarious enough that he couldn't investigate, Garrosh was a national hero and had no such elements seeking to dethrone him when Cairne brought the matter to his attention.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    no it is reffering to if Prince Anduin was resureced by Sylvanas as a forsaken...hence the un-dead prince... hence Prince of the Forsaken
    No no I mean ur quote in ur basic forum post the whole "And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻"

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    CAn you Imagine Garrosh doing a single Charge and Anduin flops 100 yards the other away?
    Suddenly, memories of older versions of Dwarf Fortress where dwarf could punch horse across the map from UNDER THE KNIGHT come back...

I like it.
    I really do. I hope the Alliance will create some balls know and we will see Varian killing that pig-faced moron.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    "The Alliance will dispense some justice."

"Anduin dies."

You know what, fuck Blizzard. I'm not calling this true, but if it's true then there's a high chance I'm just done. Done with the game, done with Metzen. You all can enjoy killing Sargeras.
    hahaha and u were not understanding why soo many players said "I stopped @ W3 lore, I take WoW's lore as a joke/another dimension" and now u also became an victim of blizz trolling hahahahaah I can't stop laugh.

And yes, final boss of WoW is Sargeras. Titans will come, say smth and give us enough power to do that.

I am soo happy with Anduin's death. Finally good guys are dying, more shall die, finally some serious lore. Bring the despair and chaos! For the dark gods! (aww, wrong universe) Now, ressurect him, Sylvanas, and make him an tragic anti-paladin hero, a new prince of undead.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2012-10-11 at 08:41 PM.

Garrosh is bound to be corrupted by the Sha.

10+ Year Old Account
    What "axe-ccident" do you mean :P?
    Well i think that Garrosh eill not met his end by some axe, more likely a arrow will finish him^^
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

Deleted
    Chances are Garrosh only believes the prince is dead.... Pretty obvious

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
    Garrosh is bound to be corrupted by the Sha.
    HOpefully redeemed!
    And yes he will be Slaughty

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because the Horde refused to investigate when those murders were pinned on the Horde. Before the murders began, the Sentinels sent regular supply routes, and while Thrall explained that his situation was precarious enough that he couldn't investigate, Garrosh was a national hero and had no such elements seeking to dethrone him when Cairne brought the matter to his attention.
    No.
    The Night Elves closed trade routes before that.
    And Thrall never said he could not investigate, he just had no good proof.

Never, anywhere, like really anywhere, in the entire book do the Alliance complain about the Horde "not investigating"
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"