Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some interesting toughts in here, keep it up!
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

Deleted
    It's probably about Vol'Jin discovering Wrathion, check the scenario map, Veiled Stairs

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the last objective - http://ptr.wowhead.com/zone=6565

Does Garrosh order this "mission" so that he can have his bodyguard assassinate Vol'jin when he's out by himself?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Read the last objective - http://ptr.wowhead.com/zone=6565

Does Garrosh order this "mission" so that he can have his bodyguard assassinate Vol'jin when he's out by himself?
    Since Garrosh does consider Vol'jin to be in rebellion, probably.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

In beta were I think 6 quests from the legendary questline datamined and the next one that should be available (and as Blizzard said every content patch offers the next stage of the legendary) was named "the two princes". From the Garrosh audio we already know that something will happen with Anduin (everybody should think he's dead) and something has to happen with Wrathion. The next step in the legendary quest would be his plan to end the war and prepare for what will come. I think with all the new scenarios the one with Voljin will be connected to the legendary questline.

Maybe he gets an order from Garrosh to do something with Wrathion and has to fight against the horde because he has other plans. I mean from all that was datamined so far it feels like we get a lot of story with Voljin forming a resistance against Garrosh and a big lead up to the next content patch. In addition with the hints we got from the book and the now datamined things (and the hints from cataclysm) I can see Voljin becoming the new warchief of the horde with Baine at his side like it was before with Thrall and Voljin.

Warchief is the title given to the leader of the orcs. They won't follow the lead of a troll or tauren no matter how great a leader they are. The Horde is and always will be the orcs and anyone who wants to join them. The Warchief will always be an orc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Final Stage – Fend off the Kor'kron Ambush

We save him from Hellscream trying to assassinate him! And i bet Wrathion has something to do with saving him as well.

Btw that means hellscream is also trying to kill us the player. This is the start of getting most players to hate hellscream.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Final Stage – Fend off the Kor'kron Ambush

We save him from Hellscream trying to assassinate him!
    Great, thats what I wanted, protect an useless stoner.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is building up nicely, i think when we have ''fended of the ambush'' we gona have a darn pissed Vol'jin and a garrosh better watch his back.
    The arrow is getting closer!
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

Quote Originally Posted by budong View Post
    Warchief is the title given to the leader of the orcs. They won't follow the lead of a troll or tauren no matter how great a leader they are. The Horde is and always will be the orcs and anyone who wants to join them. The Warchief will always be an orc.
    There's a possibility that we're gonna be farming a bunch of Orcs in the final raid leading to Garrosh's Throne. Just saying, they may not be the majority when the war is over.

I hope Wrathion shows up, cuz I think it would be a missed opportunity if he didn't

Quote Originally Posted by budong View Post
    Garrosh is the first Warchief to be appointed after the Horde became more than just Orcs. It is a weird position that bestows two titles. Leader of the Horde and leader of the Orcs. I'd draw a parallel between the debate over "The United States is" and "The United States are". Garrosh clearly sees the Horde as Orcs and the races/people with him (The Horde "is" with Allies). Loth'remor and Vol'jin speak of the Horde as being being the all six, now seven, groups (The Horde "are" the factions).

This might play a role in a future patch and the Horde Civil War. It may end with Thrall being the Orc leader (stated to be coming back) and a new Horde leader chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    That would be a twist. Imagine is the who thing is orchestrated by Wrathion, that he figures the only way to end this war is to crank it up and show Garrosh as the bad guy, make the alliance believe he's killed Anduin, and spark the war into overdrive to help bring it to a faster conclusion.

To me, Anduin is to important a lore character to just be offed in a scenario.
    Which is why it would be great if Blizzard actually did. Except Varimathas, Blizzard is highly conservative when it comes to offing characters. Bolvar was removed from Stormwind entirely leading up to to Wrath. I doubt Alduin will really die until I see it. Still, this would shake things up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockworks View Post
    Well as a Darkspear / Vol'jin fan i am really interested what this scenario might be and the story behind it.

Lets get start brainstorming and talking about this, what you think?
    + 1 internets for Rocky Quote

and I think scenarios are able to fill in the lore we all need in game. Blizzard can do so much with scenarios, it is awesome.
    I think he is starting an "underground mission" or something...

15+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone else think it would be great for the story if Anduin really dies(no coming back bs)?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Does anyone else think it would be great for the story if Anduin really dies(no coming back bs)?
    Yes I do. Now we already know that a stupid child will lead an assault on burning legion. Twists are needed.

Garrosh sends voljin on a fools errand with the real reason to be that hes gonna assassinate him and make it look like the alliance did it so he can regain the loyalty of the darkspear for his war

It [faking Anduin's death] explains the "two princes" achievement for the legendary. Remember the whole chess setup we got going between the white pawn and the black prince.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Well in the "leaked" Garrosh speech, Garrosh gives Vol'jin a chance to proof his worth or something. So I guess it'll be whatever order Garrosh gave him.

It strangely is followed with Garrosh killing Anduin. Maybe Vol'jin ends up hunting down and capturing Anduin for Garrosh? He -is- a Shadow Hunter after all.
    my thoughts exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockworks View Post
    This is building up nicely, i think when we have ''fended of the ambush'' we gona have a darn pissed Vol'jin and a garrosh better watch his back.
    The arrow is getting closer!
    Yeah, between this and Lor'themar's dialogue I'm very pleased they are showing the fractures within the Horde sooner rather then later. That way Horde players will see the events of Siege of Orgrimmar as a natural progression of events instead of being steadfastly loyal to Garrosh and then suddenly join a rebellion in the 11th hour.

I'd love it if Vol'jin simply shows up back at camp, doesn't even say a word to Garrosh, and outwardly acts like nothing unusual happened. If Garrosh could get rid of Vol'jin publicly he would of done so already, and he also can't acknowledge he tried to have such a high-ranking member of the Horde assassinated. So Garrosh will be in a position where he knows that Vol'jin is planning a dozen different ways to kill him and he can't do anything about it. If I know Garrosh half as well as I think I do, that is going to drive Garrosh nuts.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Garrosh still does need the darkspear for his war but he knows while vol jin is in charge they cant be trusted so offing vol jin seems like a smart move but like all of his 'smart' moves it will back fire on him spectacularly