Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    I don't think he'll be coming back, for that to happen they would have to remove BT or at least turn it into a caverns of time as it would have an enormous loophole of you fighting him.
    Think about what you just said a bit more.
    You realize how many examples there are in the game of this sort of thing that totally contradict what just claimed was a loophole?

You clear an instance, and roll on the loot. But the next time you go to that instance, all the enemies and bosses are back, and sometimes the same unique loot drops more than once. This is a restriction on gameplay, not lore. You're supposed to pretend it's not happening and ignore it.

Then we have Outland and Northrend existing in the time period they took place.
    Then we have Kael'thas being in both the Magister's Terrace and Tempest Keep.
    In an MMO like WOW, there is no present time that pervades in all places, unless you're role playing around it some way.
    They would not need to remove the Black Temple if Illidan comes back, The Black Temple happened in the past. The Scenario shows it in present/future.

This sort of thing should never and will never prevent Blizzard from developing future lore content.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

The Black Temple scenario seems to be tied to Warlock's Codex of Xerrath questline. I'm even going to go as far as guessing it will be for Warlocks only, as many of the datamined NPC spells and triggers in the Black Temple refer specifically to Warlocks.

Welcome to World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria - Black Temples Revenge, Illidans Resurfaced, using powers unknown to many heroes, Illidan managed to not only Raze Black temple, but also move it above Vale of Eternal Blossoms, effectively making it Naxx/BT 2.0!!! Enjoy

On topic, i liked Illidan, would be good to see him back, and like someone said would make way to allow demon hunters as a playable race! If the next xpac is indeed demon related
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.

Green fire

How we have waited so long.
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Wouldn't he just be a skeleton by now? bit lame if that's the real reason. He should be dead, enough reviving/reusing..

I loved Illidan, he was a badass and looked cool also, but enough is enough imo.
    If they do bring him back lets hope it isn't some chewed up broken version of him like Onyxia.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Could be, they said Illidan could be brought back if people wanted it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Does this mean he will be an ally of his people and help put Garrosh and his horde into the dirt where they belong? Or is he just gona go neutral and do his own thing
    Last I checked, Illidan and the NightElves/Alliance wern't exactly on speaking terms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Orgrim Doomhammer View Post
    Rhonin is listed as a mentor of Illidan on his Wowpedia page, and in the book I'm reading Rhonin said he'd teach him some spells if they made it out alive. Maybe something something Rhonin Illidan.

OR

There is one Vial filled with the waters of the Well of Eternity left (?) and these could bring Illidan back to life or something; if there aren't any vials left someone can just steal one from the people in Caverns of Time.

OR

HE MUST FULFILL HIS DESTINY AND DO WHAT HIS PEOPLE COULDN'T!

OR

Redemption somehow (Maybe Sargeras takes over his body to revive him).
    Spoiler alert, Rhonin is dead thanks to garrosh and the mana bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Last I checked, Illidan and the NightElves/Alliance wern't exactly on speaking terms.
    From Wowpedia:

Tyrande was taken aback by Illidan's service to her, and when he delivered her safely to Malfurion, she was astonished. Malfurion told Illidan he was free to go on the condition that he never threaten the night elves again. Illidan, wishing for an end to the conflict with his brother, agreed.
    That's the last time before BT that Illidan had any contact with the Alliance.

Deleted
    I thought powerful demons don't die, they just get banished for a time. Illidan being mostly demon by the time he died means all anyone has to do is go find him, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    I love scenarios. Blizzard can do some good lore related stuff with them.
    Theramore says hi.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Deleted
    I have my two glaives. I was planning NEVER to set foot in that place again... nevarrrrr! :|

Deleted
    Dear Mr. Blizzard,

how much more hints of bringing Illidan and/or Demon hunters in the next expansion will you give us before actually confirming it?

Deleted
    My theory:

We won't resurrect Illidan. However, we'll access some vital memory of his in order to begin recruiting a new generation of demon hunters of his calibre. They will be led by Altruis the Sufferer, and be used as the more vicious and remorseless part of the Army of Light in the next expansion. Think of them as that expansion's version of the Ebon Blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    I thought powerful demons don't die, they just get banished for a time. Illidan being mostly demon by the time he died means all anyone has to do is go find him, right?
    Pretty much. But some people heard there's this rule about fine sophisticated literature that means a character coming back from the dead is unsophisticated writing, so they complain about the idea.

But they seem to not understand Warcraft is a super hero comic book hybridized with ancient human mythology, which is built upon these classic themes.
    They're basically literature hipsters who don't realize where they are standing. This lore is filled with ghosts, undead, and things coming back from the dead, and yet Illidan of all characters they choose to make a platform of complaint from,...they say I'm some pleb whose enamored with the "rule of cool", they seem pretentious to me.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 03:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    My theory:

We won't resurrect Illidan. However, we'll access some vital memory of his in order to begin recruiting a new generation of demon hunters of his calibre. They will be led by Altruis the Sufferer, and be used as the more vicious and remorseless part of the Army of Light in the next expansion. Think of them as that expansion's version of the Ebon Blade.
    Why would we need his memory at all when there already is an order of Demon Hunters alive in Azeroth called the Dark Embrace? You work with them in Felwood, and you learn about them in Darkshore's secret quest line.
    Last edited by Yig; 2012-10-12 at 08:07 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

15+ Year Old Account
    the map is only the area where we fought supremus, so not sure if it will have all that much to do with illidan =p

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Right now, no one knows until they actually run it. We can only speculate until then. Do remember though scenarios can be any event, even past ones we done just put into a place so we can redo them. For instance, they were talking about doing the Wrath Gate one as a scenario at some point so everyone can experience it.

I would lobve to do the warthgate as a scenario. One scenario tht I would truely lov eto see would be a Darrowshire one.

Quote Originally Posted by Illidan Stormrage
    I know what you're thinking, but Black Temple was merely a set back.

Sounds like it could be interesting though, we'll see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Why would we need his memory at all when there already is an order of Demon Hunters alive in Azeroth called the Dark Embrace? You work with them in Felwood, and you learn about them in Darkshore's secret quest line.
    Where's your imagination? Illidan clearly knew things about the Legion that no one else on Azeroth did. Just consider all the meddlings he had with them in WC3, and the power he obtained until TBC. He must have spent months in his temple, pondering and gaining insights about the Legion. Probably had loads of spies, and tortured demons to and fro for information.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really hope this is a start to setting up the next expansion.

Rez Illidan. He's free of all taint. Now he's back and ready to kick some face in. This time though people are weary of him. He remains independent of sides because of this with his own sub-faction, his own demon-hunters.

Next expansion they push on this with the Demon Hunter class and Illidan heading it.

God please.

Illidan come back bby. It's all our fault.

This patch is looking amazing so far.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature