Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Adeltor View Post
    It reminds me of the ignite mechanic in DS, FL etc which was totally RNG. Get ignite = get DPS, get no ignite = get no dps. And it seems like it'll be the same again. If we have to worry again about something which is not up to us that would suck. The current mechanic is cool, you get pyros, you can even gain pyro by yourself using Heating Up. I think it's more of a nerf
    What you've said doesn't make any sense.

Ignite between 5.0 and 5.1 has not changed. You will still get the same Ignites you are getting now. You will build them in the same way, you will proc Pyros using Heating Up the same way. The only thing that the Combustion tooltip change suggests is changing is that Combustion will tick for almost 2x as much damage as it currently does (almost, because the Pyro dot is removed, but that was an almost irrelevant part of the damage anyway).

it sounds like a huge buff to me. gettnig a pyroproc and timeing it with altertime can easily give ignites above 35k+

overall it would be much easier to get a 30k+ combustion with this

This looks like a godly buff. I don't want such a buff, because we tend to get nerfed to the ground after those.

Mana Attunement (New) Your mana regeneration is increased by 50%
    Did I read it correctly that Mages are getting a 50% buff to base mana regen? If so, then the Arcane "nerfs" are not going to have any real effect, I'll be able to continually go to 6-stack on Blast stack before having to terminate the cycle, might even be able to go a couple of blasts over depending on situation.

currently mana attunement gives mana based on spell haste, and then its increased/reduced by our terrible level 90 talents

maybe we can start using mana gem in specs other than arcane?! mana regen is so high, it feels pointless having mana altogether

Deleted
    I can confirm that combustion's damage is now only based on ignite ticks (combustion damage per tick = ignite damage per tick).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    They need to buff the proc rate on Arcane missiles - I've had a 25 cast no proc streak, having scorch as one of my most cast spells as arcane is getting a bit old.
    I can peek 40% crit durings raids, and sometimes I go 10-15+ fireballs no crit.. RNG is RNG man

You know what, I'm not sure if it's nerf. Definitely not for me - this basically means I will be casting Combustion off cooldown, rather than fishing for good ignite AND pyroblast!. Simply means more uptime for combustion.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    You know what, I'm not sure if it's nerf. Definitely not for me - this basically means I will be casting Combustion off cooldown, rather than fishing for good ignite AND pyroblast!. Simply means more uptime for combustion.
    If your ignite ticks at least more than 2/3 of pyro dot, combustion deals more damage than before 5.1. So, this is not really hard

Now: 4000 (Ignite/2) + 6000 (Pyro/3) = 2000 + 2000 = 4000 combustion ticks
    5.1: 4000 Ignite = 4000 combustion ticks
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2012-10-13 at 02:02 PM.

Deleted
    is this live right now ?

Quote Originally Posted by asmoji View Post
    is this live right now ?
    Those are 5.1 patch notes.

I feel this is a nerf.

In Recount,
    most of the time Ignite (dot) is lower than Pyro (dot) for damage done.
    For example, Pyro dot did 15.9% while Ignite only did 10%.

Ignite dot was 39k max, which I was REALLY lucky. I rarely see 30k+ Ignite. Most of the time is around 20k.
    May Pyrodot max was 43k.

Quote Originally Posted by Menphis View Post
    Ignite dot was 39k max
    Ignite ticks every 2 seconds. So on live that is 19.5k DPS being contributed to Combustion.

May Pyrodot max was 43k
    Pyro ticks ever 3 seconds. So on live that is 14.3k DPS (not how Pyro damage is calculated for Combustion, but it'll do for this) being contributed to Combustion.

Even with your max values on live Ignite is doing more DPS than your Pyro dot. The 5.1 change takes out that 14.3k DPS from Pyro and adds on 19.5k DPS from Ignite.

On live your numbers would result in a Combustion doing 34k DPS.
    On the PTR your numbers would results in a Combustion doing 39k DPS.

I feel this is a nerf.
    You can feel how ever you want. The numbers disagree with you.

Ignite nearly always averages out to tick harder than the Pyro dot AND Ignite ticks every 2 seconds rather than every 3 seconds so is always doing more DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    Proof of 100K Ignite would be nice not seen anything that big yet.
    This 'fix' isn't live currently.
    http://youtu.be/vCzGobvUBec?t=1m7s

150k+ is easily possible, done so in Naxx25 yesterday. So 200k+ in ICC I'm thinking.

But then again, you probably meant on a 90, I think my highest on my 90 is 30k. xD And that's why I went Frost@90.
    Last edited by Magnerz; 2012-10-14 at 12:06 PM.