Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Is 5.1 finally going to bring us green fire?

So.

Some interesting things were datamined from the 5.1 client, two new items.

Quest starting items.

Warlock only quest starting items.

The items in question are: http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/92426-sea...he-lost-legion

And: http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/92441-the-codex-of-xerrath

Now, this may seem like a regular class quest, perhaps they are bringing them back and only added warlock thus far, or warlock is the only class with items to start their class quest, who knows? I don't, it could be the case, but what makes me interested is the fact that The Codex of Xerrath is one of the items.

Warlocks who lurked during the MoP beta will recognize that name, and the old version of the codex is still on WoWhead (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=101508), it was long speculated that this book would give us green fire and the description changed all the time. It was not obtainable when MoP was released, but apparently, in 5.1 it is. And that description, "Corrupts all of your Warlock fire spells, infusing them with fel magic."

That's interesting. Real interesting.

What do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Black Temple senario is connected in some way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I think the Black Temple senario is connected in some way.
    This. And I love the implication that we warlocks sucker some other saps into helping us get our shinies if it's true.

this also could be connected to that "warlock faction" the devs hinted in the Reddit AMA
    "How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us." - Thrall

Those items plus the whole WindSteed thing make me think its a warlock only flying mount, personally.

After playing a warlock for the past 6 years or so, I'm more inclined to believe this is something along the lines of "here is a stupid novelty item/spell that we hope will make up for the fact that we are going to spend the next 2 months completely destroying your class to the point that it's not fun to play anymore. Enjoy" But then again, maybe I'm just bitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apatheticalex View Post
    Those items plus the whole WindSteed thing make me think its a warlock only flying mount, personally.
    Nah, tooltip says it changes based on riding skill, and it shows to be usable from level 20. That would mean we get 2 warlock mounts at 20, and then another at 40. Besides that the item should probably have some restriction to show it's limited to Warlocks then, which it doesn't. I think it's just the next store mount, it's been a while since the last one.

I would think that the item to start the quest may not be for everyone. I have a feeling it will be a rare'ish drop, or otherwise hard to obtain.

It appears that the Black Temple scenario will be heavily involved in the quest, it may even end up being a Warlock-only scenario.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2012-10-12 at 01:45 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Black Temple scenario is called "Pursuing the Black Harvest," referring to the Council of the Black Harvest, which is the warlock faction from the Legacy of the Masters in-game book. A couple of its members were preparing to return to Outland.

My guess is that the scenario is tied into the overall plotline, but will allow warlocks to obtain the Sealed Tome of the Lost Legion, perhaps as a rare or guaranteed drop, perhaps even by choosing to pillage the Den of Mortal Delights instead of save Akama's men in the Halls of Anguish.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first thing I thought of was another class specific Legendary. But, I think I thought irrationally, but it was my first thought.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes! YES! It's coming!

Surprisingly, Pandaland expansion turned out to be the best expansion for warlocks.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

I got all giddy when I read the mainpage, can't believe it's finally coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Yes! YES! It's coming!

Surprisingly, Pandaland expansion turned out to be the best expansion for warlocks.
    this, best expansion ever for warlocks. plus rogues are nerfed

i killed a roq and 2 casters and now everyone thinks i'm just so op :P - nihm
    killt it kill it with fire .. red fire? NO ! green fire? HELL FUCKING YESS

tbc was the best expansion for warlocks... by far. I assume that you guys must be playing PvE to believe that MoP is even remotely close to being the best xpac for warlocks so far. Unless you enjoy getting stomped in pvp by literally everybody.

15+ Year Old Account
    I suspect that a quest will give you both items:

Sealed Tome of the Lost Legion and The Codex of Xerrath.

If you use the ''codex'' then you activate green flames.
    If you use the ''sealed tome'' you deactivate the green flames.

Just my thoughts

10+ Year Old Account
    There's also something in the spoiler on the front page that might be of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    I suspect that a quest will give you both items:

Sealed Tome of the Lost Legion and The Codex of Xerrath.

If you use the ''codex'' then you activate green flames.
    If you use the ''sealed tome'' you deactivate the green flames.

Just my thoughts
    The Codex and the Sealed Tome are the same thing. You obtain the Sealed Tome first, then you have to unlock it, then it becomes the Codex.

Assuming the spoiler is in fact black temple text, one guy says $c which dispels the theory that its a warlock only scenario imo, otherwise they would have written Warlock instead? I'd still like to see green fire though.

Nah, the sealed tomb requires a healthstone to activate, so it probably just keeps other people from wanting to ninja the locks item. I doubt they will let us turn it off after the complaining for it in the first place.