Poll: Would you like GW2 more if it was upto lvl50 but had raids?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Nope. When I'm not working I want to do what I want and when I want, not at someone elses schedule, and I don't like having to disappoint a group of people just because I didn't show up for a night.

I would like less levels though, and I wish they would have stuck to the GW1 design for this. Very few zones between lvl 1-19 with the majority of the content being lvl 20.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    No, raiding is boring, if you ask me. I did it for years, and I really don't have the desire or time to do it ever again. It gets to a point where it feels more like a job, and less like a game. They could add more "elite" dungeons, though. By "elite", I mean difficult dungeons for those that are skilled enough for them.
    Agree 100%.

Doing explorables with friends is really funny and every time it goes different because of the dynamic combat system. In other games istances
    become boring after a couple of run and was just "stay here and 1-2-3". For sure i dont miss raids too, because in the end raiding is a way to keep players
    subbed in the quest to gearing up forcing them to play the same content for weeks/months (and with the RNG system it can be very frustrating, i know you all
    understand this...). In GW2 skill > equip and thats the way i like more.

For sure dungeons can be improved but i think the path chosen is the right one for my concept of gaming.

Deleted
    Raids are great and all, but it wouldn't fit into GW2's design choices at all. For it to exist in GW2, there would have to be major changes to the design philosophy, essentially making it into World of Warcraft 2. GW2 is much better off as its own game, with its own design, even if not every single person in the world loves that design.

One of the things I liked most about WOW was raids but it was also the thing that drove me to quit so no. Raids have a habit of becoming a chore. Must raid every week, miss a raid and you miss out on loot for the week so your progression is halted. That's the biggest problem with them. Raids are all about progression which is not what GW2 is about.

Deleted
    I would like some more tactic orientated fights in dungeons, but if the game had raiding ala WoW style then I would not have bought it in the first place. Whilst I loved a lot of the earlier raids in WoW, one of the reasons I chose GW2 as an MMO was because I knew that there was no way I would fall into the same habits as I do on WoW. I do like challenging content, but what I do not want to feel is though I have to do content on a set schedule, and I do not like feeling forced to continue to run content for gear in order to be able to adequately take on new content/progress, and raiding is usually very gear/reward focused.

I'd appreciate a tier of dungeons with a higher difficulty that has actual tactics and organisation required, I do not find explorables particularly challenging (other than the occasional challenge of finding people on my server to start it in the first place).... but I'd still want it to be a 5 man max with cosmetic rewards.

I voted no because out of any game I have played GW2 has had the must moments where I just felt happy, the problem is that those moments were drowned in a pool of poor design choices, Some parts of dungeons just felt so right and the potential for a great end game is there, but really some other parts I can't help but think "wtf were they thinking".

I have stopped playing GW2, but by no means do I consider it a waste of time, all 240 hours played I honestly enjoyed. I just hope that in there next content/ expo patch/pack, they learn from some of the poor choices they made in dungeon design and add some really challenging content(maybe there was challenging explorable modes but only 2 of them I am yet to do and nothing was to hard so far).

Also I really hope they don't add raids :S. I'd never have gave up on wow if it had well designed hard 5 mans, comparably to raids.

Deleted
    No. It doesn't need raids. It might need more explorable dungeons though.

Deleted
    I would say no. Raiding is like a job and i play games when i come home from work. I gave up raiding in games a while ago as i don't what to feel obligated to be ready by a specific time/day. Its to much hassle to have the best gear,consumables,enchants and gems. Then the worse part of raiding is doing the same crap week after week only to have the Gods of RNG shit on your head every week. No thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally prefer more 80 zones don't care much for instanced content, hope when they release an expansion there wont be any more leveling, and nothing but all 80 zones.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Deleted
    Raids are the most boring and uninspired piece of PvE content imaginable. They are relatively popular only because gamers are extremely unimaginative and got so used to them that cannot even understand how much there's to do besides that crap.
    Think about it: repeating the very same piece of content every single week for months... Seriously?? That's the kind of entertainment content you want?
    Moreover, people who complain about GW2 lacking endgame content don't know what they are talking about. For the most part they didn't even complete the Explorable 5men dungeons (which is MORE 5men instanced content than that provided by MoP).

Deleted
    No thanks... i left WoW because the patches where all about raids and i also left SWtOR because they made the same.

if the raids would be like in Dark Age of Camelot... you know just 1 or 2 times in A MONTH(!!!) i think i would like it. but the raid model with the 1 week cycle isnt for me.

Raiding is absolutely not what I would want in this game. If I could go back in time and remove raiding from WoW so nobody would think a post-WoW MMO needs to have raids, I would do that.

How would raiding even work? The game has no dedicated tank/healer roles, so it would just be everybody doing their own thing and making some combos against big monsters. There are already huge events where tons of people gather up in the overworld like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post

So far the events (later levels ones) are just a zerg fest, and not too different from one another enough to keep the good feeling.
    From Level 1 to 80....not only the later ones

Honestly I would like it they scaled everything that is currently 1-80 to 1-50, just because of the time it takes to hit 80 right now. At the same time I don't think that would have much of an impact on anything and would probably just cause more confusion than anything else.

As far as raids go, I LIKE raids. I was a huge raider in WoW and I was already in the hard mode groups at the top of my server. I just don't see how raids could possibly fit into a game like GW2. There is no 'healer' and there is no 'tank', so raids would essentially just be zergs. If you know a way to organize a zerg into a legitimate raid, I'd like to know. These 'raids' would end up just being glorified versions of Shatterer and Tequatl fights with no real strategy except 'REZ AS FAST AS YOU CAN AND DPS A LOT'. I just don't see it working.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Im a huge fan of raiding but I am very content with what we have currently. Would I be open to some form of larger scale dungeon content like they have now but requiring say 8 - 10 people or more? sure why not. I think it would be very interesting to see there take on it. Do I expect to see it or feel it is currently needed? Nope.

I honestly don't think raiding would work in this game, look how bad the 5mans are, can you imagine the raid mobs/bosses ping ponging around the room with 20+ people there, it would be horrible lol
    I would however of preferred the final boss, Zhaitan to be a massive scale outdoor type event/raid since 5man for something so important makes it feel cheap.
    Last edited by Dorfadin; 2012-10-12 at 01:14 PM.

raided in WoW, all I really cared about was the loot drops. The entire time I raided it was boring I just wanted the OP trinkets for my PvP.

never really liked it, but for some reason I enjoy the world boss events in GW2. I guess not having to wipe and reset the boss is a good reason.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Love organised larger scale PvE instanced content, so yeah.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Omgarsh View Post
    How would raiding even work? The game has no dedicated tank/healer roles, so it would just be everybody doing their own thing and making some combos against big monsters. There are already huge events where tons of people gather up in the overworld like that.
    What you need to think of is not Raiding in WoW. Raiding can be added to GW2 because its already in the game its just outdoors. All they have to do is design a map, add a story to it, and put Meta events all over it and say this is a 10 or 15 man dungeon. That is a raid. You dont need to fight trash > boss > trash > boss > etc like you do in WoW. I explained this on the first page but ill right it again. Just have events in this raid like you do outside with a story behind it that requires multiple parts of the event to be completed in different areas so the group has to split up. And at certain points in the raid the group does have an event where some big baddie and minions do spawn and your all their fighting it using w.e strategy or w.e gimmic that the dungeon has to kill the boss.

Also this Raid can have its own loot set.

So what im basically trying to say is that GW2 can have Raids but they are more like Mini zones with Story driven Meta Events, Boss battles, New gear skins, and larger scale fights for more organized groups, that can be completed with 10-15 players. This can be accomplished and all you ppl saying you dont like raids will actually enjoy this content because your already doing this stuff in the higher level zones its just less organized.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    What you need to think of is not Raiding in WoW. Raiding can be added to GW2 because its already in the game its just outdoors. All they have to do is design a map, add a story to it, and put Meta events all over it and say this is a 10 or 15 man dungeon. That is a raid. You dont need to fight trash > boss > trash > boss > etc like you do in WoW. I explained this on the first page but ill right it again. Just have events in this raid like you do outside with a story behind it that requires multiple parts of the event to be completed in different areas so the group has to split up. And at certain points in the raid the group does have an event where some big baddie and minions do spawn and your all their fighting it using w.e strategy or w.e gimmic that the dungeon has to kill the boss.

Also this Raid can have its own loot set.

So what im basically trying to say is that GW2 can have Raids but they are more like Mini zones with Story driven Meta Events, Boss battles, New gear skins, and larger scale fights for more organized groups, that can be completed with 10-15 players. This can be accomplished and all you ppl saying you dont like raids will actually enjoy this content because your already doing this stuff in the higher level zones its just less organized.
    Something like this with some form of coordination would be epic. As in put like 4-5 seperate dynamic events/chains around the area (like Shatterer cannon quests, but more in depth) and have a raid leader set up groups for each task. THAT would be cool.