Thread: Demo Wands

Demo Wands

Did they fix the wand auto shooting while in meta as Demo bug?

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...03737717907457
    @wmoyer06 I think Windsong is fixed now. Looking at the wand bug (again. Stupid wands.)

Today the bug was not fixed. I regret even now the decission to play demo this evening.

I love Demo, but it just sucks that the only available epic 1h upgrade is the wand from MoV(Which interrupts the GCD between your abilities in Meta)

Wasn't fixed in our raid last night when I had to swap to demonology for AoE on Feng and not being prepared enough for it by having another weapon at hand. While I couldn't completely remove the autoattacking wand, I managed to reduce it by a lot through macroing most of my abilities and avoiding right clicking on targets. I'm sure this band aid has been posted elsewhere and known to most (I haven't been completely up to date on demo discussions), but it doesn't hurt spreading it more.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopattack
    /use Spell Name
    /stopattack
    As mentioned above I still had some issues, but it's working somewhat as a temporary band aid until they can fix their coding.

Those macros will also stop your real demo autoattacks
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wanted to make a thread about this, but found this one. I raid mainly as affliction, so it's not that big concern for me, but this is annoying as hell when I'm questng as demo.

Quote Originally Posted by lancore89 View Post
    Those macros will also stop your real demo autoattacks
    I think wand IS the autoattack.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

You have your own autoattack in Metamorphosis, the wand will overwrite that. With that macro you are able to stop the wand and cast again, but your old real demo autoattack won't come back anyway.
    So it's still a huge DPS loss and not a viable band aid
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme

Using a wand seems to prevent autoattack in metamorphosis in general. That macro will just fix some of this clunky behaviour, but right now even that is not viable, because you end up missing up to 5k DPS depending on the boss fight. (with damage increasing buffs/debuffs like Elegon even more)

Deleted
    Wand design = Devs sucks.

Fix the loot table, instead of fixing bugs. Remove all the wands from the game.

playing demo for heroic feng with a wand was a real bitch and hated it. damn you aoe shield phase
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements