Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't much fun but I wouldn't call them bad either. It takes some time to get used to them, but once you get the hang of it it's OK.... (though I loathe the one where you have to kill the pack with the big mantid in it). Just make use of the stuff you get before like the smokebombs and that kind of stuff (Wu Kao package? or something?) Then you cann CC one with the item possible another with another CC you have and then burn down the big one first for example it's not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    I'd say play another game and talk shit somewhere else.

Shado-pan dailies are fun, especially with all achievements. Sadly, sometimes bugged.
    He's entitled to an opinion.

Talking shit is when you get on someones case for having an opinion. Oh, thats what you did...

I'm not one to complain a lot, but jesus christ has the wow community gone soft. You're basically whining about the fact that these dailies are a bit challenging (you might even DIE if you fuck up, imagine the horror), and you can't do them in faceroll/ autopilot mode. Is this really what this community has come to?

Show some effort, man. Shado-Pan aren't my favourtie dailies either, but calling them "horribly designed" because you aren't used to face a challenge anymore, come on...

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    He's entitled to an opinion.

Talking shit is when you get on someones case for having an opinion. Oh, thats what you did...

I don't like them hence it's horrible designed!

That's not opinion, that's talking shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I actually preferred them to Klaxxi dailies, funnily enough.
    This.

Klaxxi are worse. (Not harder, but more annoying)
    Yes, you die if you pull recklessly. I'd also recommend that you do not do these quests with an item level below 463.
    You need to use CC, dispels and interrupts to prevent the elite from stacking the stuff that fears you and move out of the cone AE from the little ones.

Now the REALLY shitty quest there is the smokebomb quest. Gaah I hate it when another player drops one and you're completely blinded. <_<

Oh and don't use melee companions. Use the hunter.

Yes, Shado Pan dailies are horribly designed,

But that is just a derived problem from dailies being non optional and forcing everyone into them.

If they were optional, people could just ignore this aberration called Shado Pan dailies.

Deleted
    Odd these are my favourite set of dailies in game

Different strokes for different folks I guess!

I love being all stealthy and tactical and I really like the rogue companion!

Actually using CC and interrupting stuff while doing dailies = fun imo.

I really like that there is an achievement for doing it "right" as well

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7307

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    This.

Klaxxi are worse. (Not harder, but more annoying)
    Yes, you die if you pull recklessly. I'd also recommend that you do not do these quests with an item level below 463.
    You need to use CC, dispels and interrupts to prevent the elite from stacking the stuff that fears you and move out of the cone AE from the little ones.

Now the REALLY shitty quest there is the smokebomb quest. Gaah I hate it when another player drops one and you're completely blinded. <_<

Oh and don't use melee companions. Use the hunter.

The hunter is buggy for me, when i engaged he just goes stealth or something and dissappear, he only comes back when i kill the mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they were optional, people could just ignore this aberration called Shado Pan dailies.
    Dude.. THEY ARE OPTIONAL.

If you don't like Sra'vess, guess what: Don't to the quests when this hub is up. Do the Mogu hub (extremely easy) or the Yaungol hub (easy but annoying b/c of constant charges/stuns) instead.

Dude.. THEY ARE OPTIONAL.

If you don't like Sra'vess, guess what: Don't to the quests when this hub is up. Do the Mogu hub (extremely easy) or the Yaungol hub (easy but annoying b/c of constant charges/stuns) instead.

Dailies are as optional and gemming your gear. Sure, the game doesnt forbid you to do anything without gemming your gear, but you would be giving up so much advantages that its not really an option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dailies are as optional and gemming your gear. Sure, the game doesnt forbid you to do anything without gemming your gear, but you would be giving up so much advantages that its not really an option.
    I can just /yawn at this statement.

No Ilvl 489 is not mandatory, if the actual raid tier is centered around item level 496. It may give you a little starting boost, but it's not like BiS items are locked behind dailies w/o a raid drop alternative. THAT would be mandatory like gemming.

Besides: if he is doing these dailies now he isn't world competitive material. Which makes these quests even more optional.

We had one rogue in our guild who refused to do dailies. Apart from certain moral issues for some individuals, his DPS was just fine.

I can just /yawn at this statement.

No Ilvl 489 is not mandatory, if the actual raid tier is centered around item level 496. It may give you a little starting boost, but it's not like BiS items are locked behind dailies w/o a raid drop alternative. THAT would be mandatory like gemming.

Besides: if he is doing these dailies now he isn't world competitive material. Which makes these quests even more optional.

We had one rogue in our guild who refused to do dailies. Apart from certain moral issues for some individuals, his DPS was just fine.
    Some normal BiS are locked behind dailies, yes. Of course, there are Heroic ones better.
    Again, if i can make "fine" DPS or healing without gemming, that means gemming is optional?

No, that means i am giving an advantage but are good enough to overcome it.

Again, nothing will stop you from playing, but dailies are as optional as gemming, or as optional as head and shoulder enchants were in the past, or as optional as enchants in your equipment is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some normal BiS are locked behind dailies, yes.
    Either you give me specific examples with mathematical proof or I don't believe you. And no, I'm not talking about "this item has 3PP more than the raid drop", because in a realistic environment, you will never ever feel 3PP anyway.

Again, if i can make "fine" DPS or healing without gemming, that means gemming is optional?
    You won't be able to do that. One gem alone has roughly 150PP value. You would easily miss out on 1-2K PP + missing meta. You will feel that hit.
    Also: gemming is independent of item level.

You are comparing apples to oranges.

Either you give me specific examples with mathematical proof or I don't believe you. And no, I'm not talking about "this item has 3PP more than the raid drop", because in a realistic environment, you will never ever feel 3PP anyway.

You won't be able to do that. One gem alone has roughly 150PP value. You would easily miss out on 1-2K PP + missing meta. You will feel that hit.
    Also: gemming is independent of item level.

You are comparing apples to oranges.
    I am not comparing apples to oranges. I never said a thing about ilvls. You can do fine DPS without gems. I bet Paragon healers heal better than me with as much as 5 gems missing.

Go check as many BiS lists as you want, you will se many reputation items in there. BiS are BiS, no matter how much pp more they have.

The point is, the advantage dailies give you (specially since RNG will srarve you of many items) makes them mandatory, just like gems and enchants are mandatory.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know how many Daily items are BiS for me as a shadow priest?

1 (one)

(V) Dominator's Band / Band of the Shieldwall (496)
    Valor Points / Dominance Offensive/Operation: Shieldwall - Honored
    1078.4264 = 682 + 198.2425 + 198.1839

Watersoul Signet (496)
    Terrace of Endless Spring: Protectors of the Endless / Normal-10/25
    1071.0563 = 682 + 217.9325 + 68.784 + 102.3398 {Spirit-to-Crit}

Ring of Wretched Flames (496)
    Valley of the Four Winds: Chief Salyis / Normal-10/25
    1065.4044 = 682 + 226.435 + 62.7654 + 94.2040 {Hit-to-Crit}

That would be a delta of 13PP you miss out when not trying to get Daily ring and went with normal PvE drop instead. (Since Signet from Kaolan is unique equipped, cant use normal & elite)

That's 8% of what a single red GEM would provide in player power.

If you are calling that mandatory and compare that with not socketing 10+ gems in your gear, you are completely delusional.

Yes VP and dailies help you to gear faster. No content is not tuned to you having these epics, as has been demonstrated by all guilds that cleared normal MSV in the first ID.

Besides you're missing the actual topic here: The dude talks about doing these dailies NOW when the progression race is essentially over. He also talks about disliking a single quest hub out of three. I told him to leave that hub out because it is optional. Yes he gets rep a little slower, but he can't spend VP that fast anyway. So he can pick the hubs he is comfortable with and hit revered a few days later.

Dunno maybe I should have expressed myself more precise.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yet, amazingly enough, my wife and I got the Silent Assassin achievement the first time we both did these.

So, obviously, they are just completely horrible and unable to be completed.

They were by far not the worst (cough golden lotus cough). I guess doing them in tank spec with dps gear was a good idea after all.

the only part i hate is that it's allways the same on my server
    need the daylis on the dragon island to complete 2 acievments :/

the quest itself are ok, for "quests" i don't like having a npc that sometimes helps sometimes pulls crap and sometimes to decide to act like it's not his job to help me if i pulled 10 mobs^^

edit: off topic BIS gear from daylis .. 1. you need a lot of points (better used on upgrading existing gear) 2. there is 500+ ilvl gear ^^ 3. normal mode bis .. srsly? as if someone realy cares for that^^
    Last edited by darkminaz; 2013-01-08 at 04:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    3. normal mode bis .. srsly? as if someone realy cares for that^^
    /shrug

Apparently some do. oO

Deleted
    I really like them, but mainly because they're so few and easy to do as my class (SPriest).