Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Int: 1.00
    SP: 0.79
    Hit: 0.60
    Crit: 0.60
    Haste: 0.44
    Mastery: 0.34

I calculated these number for my scaling. If anyone can confirm they are right, thanks.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...letti/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Heviletti View Post
    Int: 1.00
    SP: 0.79
    Hit: 0.60
    Crit: 0.60
    Haste: 0.44
    Mastery: 0.34

I calculated these number for my scaling. If anyone can confirm they are right, thanks.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...letti/advanced
    crit > int gems. if you're under hit cap hit/exp > int gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kewi View Post
    Really comes down to what others have said though.. It depends on your current gear and stat weights...
    I've only picked up 6 epics (which is reasonable if not slightly above average for a normal raider) and my weights come out to (normalized):
    100 int
    62 hit
    50 crit
    37 haste
    34 mastery

I FULLY Agree that you MUST get socket bonuses nearly always.. and crit is at least equal to int (due to crit's value being doubled on gear).. But I can't agree with numbers I've seen yet that Crit is "WAY" better for fire.. But I'm no simcraft expert.. I don't even know how to test for higher values of crit (to simulate regemming crit heavy) and what not without running a 3rd party site to mangle my gear around >.>

And a quick run of Simcraft on you, Chaos-Skullcrusher, I'm seeing roughly the same story I'm saying:
    100 Int
    66 Hit
    50 Crit
    46 Haste
    35 Mastery

Perhaps the heavy crit you put in brought the weight relative to int down.. again. I'm no theorycraft expert :-)
    Yep your thinking is on the right track, more int you get, the better crit comes and more crit you get, the better in comes

It all depends on your current crit rate and current int levels, For me the tipping point was when i got DMC trinket, cause it has such a huge ammount of int on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veranus View Post
    This.

Stats Values
    Intellect 100
    Hit Rating 79
    Spell Power 75
    Critical Strike Rating 65
    Haste Rating 55
    Mastery Rating 46

Gems Stats Multiplier Score
    Rigid River's Heart 320 Hit 79 25280
    Piercing Wild Jade 160 Crit | 160 Hit 65 | 79 23040
    Smooth Sun's Radiance 320 Crit 65 20800
    Veiled Imperial Amethyst 80 Int | 160 Hit 100 | 79 20640
    Potent Vermilion Onyx 80 Int | 160 Crit 100 | 65 18400
    Brilliant Primordial Ruby 160 Int 100 16000

1. Use the same method to calculate the score of socket bonus (using 0 if inactive)
    2. Add the result to your gem score
    3. ???
    4. Profit
    Why don't you have expertise on there or Accurate Imperial Amethyst or Precise Primordial Ruby?
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2012-10-17 at 10:04 AM.

While I agree with many things in this thread, however, with full dungeon heroics and 1-2 epics, hit capping is easily obtainable and the value of hit gems are greatly diminished, just remember those weights are on a person to person basis and your personal need to obtain the hit cap

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Why don't you have expertise on there or Accurate Imperial Amethyst or Precise Primordial Ruby?
    Because it's exactly the same value as hit? Both those gems equals to 320hit rating which is in the list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaro View Post
    Because it's exactly the same value as hit? Both those gems equals to 320hit rating which is in the list.
    But many people don't know that, they also don't fill the same socket color as a pure hit gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    But many people don't know that, they also don't fill the same socket color as a pure hit gem.
    Well nobody should really gem pure hit if they got good enough gear..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Well nobody should really gem pure hit if they got good enough gear..
    why? Putting in 320 expertise in red socket is still more dps than 160int. you can reforge hit otherwise to crit to even out.

It is all about balance