Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    You can spam rejuv on your partners. It is not burst healing but it is great for spike damage and you will heal for much more than other classes doing this. Druids are supposed to be like this(this is why 2 resto druids in a raid doesn't make sense.) We don't burst heal, but we heal a ton.

I am finding resto druid healing style way more dull than it was tho. Mushrooms don't feel right and is just an additional skill that we didn't need. Harmony on 20 sec makes the spec a serious no brainer and lifebloom doesn't even matter right now. You can let it drop and you won't suffer greatly from that. Without revitalize and any form of refreshment I think we are not able to perform the way we did. Only time will tell if the spec will ever be fun but I am not really enjoying it right now.
    ^This^

Mushrooms are annoying, and definitely need some kind of tweaking (if not complete removal). I don't think it's possible to NOT have 100% uptime on Harmony, so the whole 'use a direct heal to trigger' mechanic seems silly. Healing on my druid overall definitely feels a lot more clunky.

I'm not saying we need a blatant buff - just need some repairs.
    Last edited by Scouse; 2012-10-14 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrr View Post
    No, Xets is their Resto. Look at their site and their Garajal kill video, he is healing. Lappe is their boomkin. All of them often switch to offspecs though.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 04:57 AM ----------

You need it all the time for Clearcasting procs. Letting LB drop is bad, even now. Besides, a 3 stack LB heals for a lot.
    It is not as crucial as it was before. I sometimes let it drop and can heal the same way I did without it. It is a + but it doesn't feel as important as before. I am not saying here that I am letting lifebloom drop all the time, I am not an idiot. I am saying that casting, using your globals and still not letting lifebloom fall off is not a big thing anymore = Less difference between a good and a bad resto druid.

And if monks keep doing this good at aoe healing, I am switching my main because I am pretty sure that they are better than a resto druid in single target healing as well.
    Last edited by Rorschachs; 2012-10-15 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    It is not as crucial as it was before. I sometimes let it drop and can heal the same way I did without it. It is a + but it doesn't feel as important as before. I am not saying here that I am letting lifebloom drop all the time, I am not an idiot. I am saying that casting, using your globals and still not letting lifebloom fall off is not a big thing anymore = Less difference between a good and a bad resto druid.

And if monks keep doing this good at aoe healing, I am switching my main because I am pretty sure that they are better than a resto druid in single target healing as well.
    Well a good resto druid would try do everything to manage his mana usage and CC procs are a substantial part of this, especially when mana is tight right now. You mentioned the lack of Revitalize and Replenishment so wouldn't this come under the same category?

No it isn't going to hurt you as much as before but you should still try to maintain a high uptime (not saying you don't, just point out that it's still important enough.)
    Ashr

I play my druid and I've been playing since I switched mains during BC. I've been resto since then. I like it a lot. I only don't like shrooms crap I find it that I need to stop my healing to cast them and time my lb on tank. I also think healing classes aren't balanced well. Now monks and holy paladins and priests own us.

I wouldnt say priests own us. Paladins have niches where they beat us, but it is fairly even, all considered. Curiously you leave out shamans who are very strong, especially in 10 man, and are probably 2nd to Monks currently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by magazz View Post
    I play my druid and I've been playing since I switched mains during BC. I've been resto since then. I like it a lot. I only don't like shrooms crap I find it that I need to stop my healing to cast them and time my lb on tank. I also think healing classes aren't balanced well. Now monks and holy paladins and priests own us.
    Nice one.
    Anyhow, I don't see the problems mentioned in this thread. Yes, shroom healing is a joke, but when you think about it it's a nice addition when there is little to no dmg going out, and you don't want to cast wrath. Blooming them is off gcd, and almost free.
    I'm raiding in 10 man, and when you teach your healers to just stop sniping so much, and actually let your hots tick, it'll make a huge difference mana wise. In our elegon kill, I started the last phase with 250k mana, while our shammy was at 15%, with me being ahead of him by 5m healing done.
    Raid cd wise, in 10 man tranq is definiately something you can rely on. If you have a shadow priest that also means an additional tranq.

Problem with tranquillity is that healing tide totem heals just as much and is a 1.5 instant cast not a 8 second channel that roots you.

It depends on the fight. Like some posters have already mentioned some fights are more favorable than others. For instance: Stone Guards and Feng I am getting crushed by priests and Shaman. However on Elegon and the Troll boss I am crushing meters. Spirit Kings don't really apply cause that isn't healing intensive at all.

It's just different than last expansion because I am used to crushing meters on any boss. It's not the case anymore. However, it's annoying because on certain bosses my raid leader is trying to call me out and there is really nothing I can do to up my numbers.

^What meters are you looking at for Gara'jal? If it is Skada or Recount, it isn't accurate because it stops recording the other healers when you into the Spirit Realm. I'm not entirely certain but I think this is the case with WOL as well.
    Ashr

I still main as a resto druid, and have since Wrath. I only ever don't like it while first gearing up, as we're a HoT healer, so breakpoints aren't always great.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post
    Problem with tranquillity is that healing tide totem heals just as much and is a 1.5 instant cast not a 8 second channel that roots you.
    In a 25 healing tide actually heals roughly twice as much as tranquility.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpenth View Post
    It depends on the fight. Like some posters have already mentioned some fights are more favorable than others. For instance: Stone Guards and Feng I am getting crushed by priests and Shaman. However on Elegon and the Troll boss I am crushing meters. Spirit Kings don't really apply cause that isn't healing intensive at all.

It's just different than last expansion because I am used to crushing meters on any boss. It's not the case anymore. However, it's annoying because on certain bosses my raid leader is trying to call me out and there is really nothing I can do to up my numbers.
    I still don't really think there is something wrong with druids. Our kill on Feng HC, me and the other 2 healers (paladin and holy priest) were pretty much dead even. We also have pretty much even gear (I might have 2-3 higher average ilvl).

Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    I still don't really think there is something wrong with druids. Our kill on Feng HC, me and the other 2 healers (paladin and holy priest) were pretty much dead even. We also have pretty much even gear (I might have 2-3 higher average ilvl).
    You are doing 10 man content then, where druids are not that bad. It's really only on 25 you can see them falling behind.

because the druid niche is gone. there was a time when druids and only druids were the best mobile healers, brought the best blanket raid heals and hots. now, every healer has decent blanket raid healing and hots of some sort in addition to decent mobility. plus restos really didn't get anything this xpac that was a compelling skill. sure shrooms are novel and cenarion ward is new, but one is just for fun and the other has a stupidly long cd to make it truly useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Blah337 View Post
    I am leveling a druid (currently level 87) just so I can play as a resto druid. I personally love the gameplay of a resto druid because it forces you to think more long-term than short-term.
    That's what I always liked about resto, you have to know when damage is about to occur and predict where it will occur. If you have good reflexes you can be a reactive healer. If you have a good memory you can be a resto druid Damage is usually predictable unless you have a few goobers that like to stand in fire, but even then you know they'll need healing every 20 seconds anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    What personally happens in your raid has nothing to do with where someone is as a class. If BM hunters are the lowest dps by far that they are sat every single fight reg and HMs in top guilds there will be random guilds with BM hunters topping meters.

The main problem when balancing healing classes is that they either all need to be about equal effective throughput wise by the end of a fight or bring something that makes up for it. In past tiers fights NEEDED CDs, but since we did so much more healing than everyone else we were still taken. It evened out. Some classes do far less healing than everyone else certain tiers but a few tools they have still make them worth getting. Or, the class is is such narrow niche(old holy pallys only being worth bringing as pure tank healers) but fight mechanics made it so you needed them to kill fights.

Right now healer balance is bad but their intent is good, just bad execution. They don't want specific niches, they want everyone to have enough tools for all specs to be viable in all types of fights, but they want all the classes to still be different. Boss mechanics and general bad balance when it comes to numbers and the strength and weakness of specific classes CDs and main abilities is the reason healer balance is so insanely bad right now.

10 mans almost never have balance issues and almost never have to sit healers in HMs because synergy between 2-3 people is significantly easier than 5-6. In reg modes and doing HMs after you already have a chunk of gear in 10 or 25 doesn't have huge issues because ilvl and player skill is much more important. Top level 25 is the only time it matters(sometimes top level 10 is the fight mechanics are super super unbalanced); they're undergeared and equal skill with close to perfect class execution so the class differences make a much higher difference to the point not stacking and rotating will actually really hurt you progression wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamgar View Post
    In a 25 healing tide actually heals roughly twice as much as tranquility.
    Well that's even worse

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit mine after they murdered HoT durations with cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpenth View Post
    It depends on the fight. Like some posters have already mentioned some fights are more favorable than others. For instance: Stone Guards and Feng I am getting crushed by priests and Shaman. However on Elegon and the Troll boss I am crushing meters.
    Are you sure you are crushing meters on Troll boss? Because I thought I was "crushing" meters too. I am raiding 25 man and I was assigned to go to every other shadow realm and keep my group up (which I did) and on my Skada I was #1 and wayyy above other 5 healers then I looked at raid of logs posted by my raid leader who's a shaman healer and also a raid leader and I was LAST healer on that fight....

Quote Originally Posted by magazz View Post
    Are you sure you are crushing meters on Troll boss? Because I thought I was "crushing" meters too. I am raiding 25 man and I was assigned to go to every other shadow realm and keep my group up (which I did) and on my Skada I was #1 and wayyy above other 5 healers then I looked at raid of logs posted by my raid leader who's a shaman healer and also a raid leader and I was LAST healer on that fight....
    Okay, okay. So the meters are skewed because of how the fight works. You guys caught me!