Thread: [TV] Arrow

Page 1 of 158
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Arrow

Hello every one i am making this thread to talk about the new CW tv show arrow which is based off of the DC character Green Arrow.

I thought the pilot episode was okay not great but okay it was flawed in both narration and dialog and came off as if they were trying to be batman begins the character Oliver Queen didn't set well with me his personality was bleak and emotionless but that could be a number of things from the actor to the writing. The show did a good job of establishing who's who. Merlyn ( don't remember his first name in the show ) who is Green Arrow's nemesis in the comics is his best friend in the show there was also some foreshadowing of him thinking Oliver is Arrow so maybe in the future he will become bad. We have Dinah Lance who is Black Canary in the comics is playing a love interest. Another honorable mention goes to his sister Thea Queen who's nickname happens to be speedy possible future sidekick?

Over all it was okay but the thing that is going keep me coming back is deathstrokes mask in the start of the episode also deadshot is making a appearance this season.

Dr.Pepper is made from fairy tears. Pokemon IGN: Josh FC: 0662-4407-8552

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the dark and emotionless Oliver, and the dark feel the show has.
    One thing that I didn't like was that he was face to face with the bad guy and he couldn't recognize Oliver because of the green stuff around his eyes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    I like the dark and emotionless Oliver, and the dark feel the show has.
    One thing that I didn't like was that he was face to face with the bad guy and he couldn't recognize Oliver because of the green stuff around his eyes?
    yeah that also got me but it could be the lighting in the room that kind of black out his face?

10+ Year Old Account
    It was alright, I agree with Sinilaid that there is no way that someone wouldn't recognize him, even if the room was dark.

One of the things that pisses me off about shows like this is when you see the super hero with a bow and arrow, without any trouble at all, plow through like 10 men with guns, and then there is 1 guy alive that is a worthy foe. Then after he jumped over the desk in that fight scene he was unconscious for some reason, figured he got shot, but then he gets up without a scratch on him and jumps straight out of a window only to end up on a close line a couple of feet to the right.

I'll continue to watch the show for a couple of episodes because I think it has potential.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-10-12 at 01:16 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    It felt too super-hero-y for me, and way too much emphasis on a few key things:

- Secrets
    - Always being a step ahead
    - Weak and "strong" enemies: plows through piles of people with superior weapons only to come up short against one random guy

I can't identify with "Oliver Queen". He shows no emotion. He's so incredibly precise in everything he does that there is no way to measure up or compare. He's too perfect and always positioned to do the right thing at the right time. Now I know this is based on a super hero from a series, but he should be believable even to those who have never read the comics (like myself). I gave it an episode and I might give it one more, but it needs to be more realistic for me to keep watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

I can't identify with "Oliver Queen". He shows no emotion. He's so incredibly precise in everything he does that there is no way to measure up or compare. He's too perfect and always positioned to do the right thing at the right time. Now I know this is based on a super hero from a series, but he should be believable even to those who have never read the comics (like myself). I gave it an episode and I might give it one more, but it needs to be more realistic for me to keep watching it.
    Based on your description, he doesn't sound much like the Oliver Queen I know from the comics. Granted, it's been years since I read any, and I never was a big fan of the character.

I might check the first couple of episodes later.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

It was hit and miss for me. Strangely enough I was more interested in his best friend then Arrow himself. I think if this was given a few episodes for both the actors and showrunners time to iron out the kinks this could be a good series.

I did find it weird they didn't tell us what the names on the list. I think that would go along way to identifying with Oliver.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a bad show, just watched the first episode it was.... OK.

Oliver is kinda annoying, tbh I dont see that getting any better..... His sister is HOT though.

Overall it didn't really grab me, I'll give it three episodes, if it's not grabbed me by the end of episode three then I'll give it a miss
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Deathstroke will show up in episode 5!

Personally I liked it just because it fills the live-action superhero void left by Smallville's ending. But to me the biggest flaws were the acting (specifically Ollie's actor and Dinah) though I loved Paul Blackthorne as always. Also I hated how blatant they made the comic references, I wish they had been more subtle. Deathstroke's mask made an appearance on the island, making Merlyn his friend like they did with Clark/Lex in Smallville, the Speedy ref, Drakon, everything felt really cheap. Also too many quick-cuts/shaky-cam stuff.

Beyond that, I'm excited to see more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    is it just me or was the biggest disappointment in the whole trailer the fact deathstrokes mask is yellow not orange >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastblow View Post
    is it just me or was the biggest disappointment in the whole trailer the fact deathstrokes mask is yellow not orange >.>
    maybe its the lighting

15+ Year Old Account
    Awesome show! Few shows started recently that i'm really enjoying and looks like this is one of them!

Deleted
    Not really fond of heroes that kill criminals. Also that scene when the armed thug with the devil mask ran away from an unarmed Oliver Queen.. herp

10+ Year Old Account
    well boys and girls her again to start the conversation about this weeks episode. but since i missed around 10 minutes due to tv going out over the storms my i can't really criticize this week. but i will say i enjoyed this week and can't wait for deadshot next week. also i think his body guard to starting to realize who he is its getting interesting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wish it was same actor as Smallville and something to do with that show aswell :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Wish it was same actor as Smallville and something to do with that show aswell :P
    same actor maybe something to do with smallville no thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I have watched the first 2 episodes and it's kinda meh so far. The show has potential but there seems to be a lot of commercial breaks and that kinda annoys me. I agree Oliver is kinda bland as well. I really want to like this show but so far it's pretty meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I have watched the first 2 episodes and it's kinda meh so far. The show has potential but there seems to be a lot of commercial breaks and that kinda annoys me. I agree Oliver is kinda bland as well. I really want to like this show but so far it's pretty meh.
    i was kind of thinking the commercial breaks were happening quite often i figured it was normal and since i don't watch much tv i don't notice.