Thread: [TV] Arrow

Page 2 of 158 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was a better episode than the first one. The only really bad thing was the last fight scene with China White.

10+ Year Old Account
    damn what a episode tonight the action was so much better than last and that ending whoa that shit got me going. i don't think deadshot is dead that would be a waste and i can't wait to see the bodyguards reaction ( i can't remember his name >.> ) best one yet if i say so myself.

Dr.Pepper is made from fairy tears. Pokemon IGN: Josh FC: 0662-4407-8552

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh.. I was thinking the exact opposite Lastblow

Thought this episode was pretty myeh compared to last week. the 'Action' in this show is all fairly weak, coupled with lots of fast cutting to make it SEEM like a lot more is going on that actually is. The story was pretty weak, you found out almost nothing about the Island, who that guy that shot Green Arrow was, or what the frak his mum is up too.
    basically it was all filler... you could have cut this episode out totally, and would have lost nothing.

Deadshot could well be dead, I'm sure there are plenty of other badguys to throw out

and Yes Dig's reaction should be worth seeing, IF he doesn't put it all down to some crazy fever dream.....

On the plus side Thea still looked smokin hot, needs to lose the attitude though...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    i have to agree the action is very weak but deadshot fight compared to the china white fight is like a different show lol

10+ Year Old Account
    True the Deadshot fight was ok, after they stopped just randomly trying to hit eachother ("They call him Deadshot, he never misses" *proceeds to miss like 10 times* maybe it's meant to be Ironic?) and starting just hitting eacother it got a bit better, but still WAY to many sweeping, clubbing punches and fast cuts and not enough actual fighting.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Im currently enjoying the show// thumbs up for them. As a big comic book fanatic I can see great thing coming in the future with this show.

15+ Year Old Account
    One of my fave shows atm, isn't much on the action lines but i dno it keeps me interested. I expect they'll do a full episode of him on the island soon (or i atleast hope so) which should be pretty good.

OK show so far, but every time I see the cop it reminds me of how much better a show Dresden Files was.

Definitely like this better then "The Cape", but so far it feels like I've seen this all before in Batman & Iron Man. Its too bad they have to gloss over his killings because its really what differentiates him from the two.

Had low expectations because of how horrible Smallville was.
    Turns out to be quite nice, it doesn't blow me away like some other shows but it's pretty good nontheless.

Some people said he seemed too perfect, keep in mind he shares a universe with Superman and Batman and all he has is a bow and arrow.
    He has to be perfect because else there's really no room for him in the Justice League.

The way he doesn't seem to care at all about killing henchmen is a bit odd.
    I like dark and we really don't need another hero who refuses to kill anyone ever but Ollie is a bit too liberal in his murders.
    Some of these henchmen might not even be too bad but he slaughters them without even giving them a second glance.
    By the end of the show he'll have ruined more families than all the corperations he's going after.

So, I somehow managed to miss this show existing entirely until two days ago when a friend told me about it. Watched the first 3 episodes on demand, and I gotta say, I am in love with it already. Going into it, I was worried that this show was going to try and ride on the success of Nolan's Batman trilogy and go for as much realism as possible. But instead, I feel like it's already made itself unique. I feel like I'm actually watching a show set in the DC universe. Something that always bugged me about Nolan's Batman is that the realism took precedence over being accurate to the characters. People that don't normally read comics probably didn't notice, but Nolan nerfed the crap out of Batman's physical strength, agility and fighting skills. People like Bane were nerfed too, which kind of balanced it out in the end. To use an example though, comic book Batman would have knocked out Bane from the movies in like 3 seconds, because that Batman is peak human in every category, which borders on a superpower in its own right.

Green Arrow is kind of like Batman, in that and many other ways. He's peak human, possibly even metahuman. While he has less knowledge of fighting than Batman, he's been described as a perfect archer that can fire 29 arrows per minute and hit a drop of water while back flipping off a building. While this Green Arrow hasn't shown ability quite like that, (yet) he feels much closer to peak human than Nolan's Batman did.

Oh, and uh, maybe spoiler. I've heard a rumor down the vine that Deathstroke will be making an appearance very soon. If you don't know who Slade "Deathstroke" Wilson is, you should probably read up on your DC villains, because he's one of the most badass ones to ever exist. He's like an evil Batman if Batman was extremely amped up in every category including intelligence, and enjoyed bringing machine guns to fights. He's so badass that with some prep time he's been able to take on the entire JLA before and win. He also has a regenerative healing factor almost on the level of Wolverine. And yes, I know Wolverine is Marvel, just using him as a comparison.

But anyway, this show is badass so far, and with the introduction of a good villain like Deathstroke I will nerdgasm everywhere. And one last note, some people seem to be confused about the amount of people Green Arrow has killed. While he has killed some people, most of the guys he shoots don't die. Green Arrow is sort of famous for being able to just incapacitate people with his shots. Since he's so accurate he can easily avoid shooting vital areas.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-10-29 at 10:45 PM.

Arrow is the latest released show. I have watched 2 episodes of this show and now i am waiting for the next episode of this season. I hope this episode will be interesting.

i'm liking the show so far, but really curious about what they plan to do with the characters. is Merlin going to get all crazy? Black Canary? right now they're just kind of in sleep mode. i'm not really motivated to see that chick start screaming or anything though. lol
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I thought the first two episodes were awesome, third not quite as much. I can see the show going downhill, but I hope that doesn't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best episode so far. Lot of interesting stuff happened, and a good cliffhanger

I saw Deathstroke in the preview for the next episode! *engages rabid fanboy mode*

10+ Year Old Account
    i was a little disappointed with deathstroke i knew he was going to be in the flash back but i just wanted more but overall was a good episode and looking forward to the royal flush gang next wek

So today was the season finale, really enjoyed the episode and where the show is headed. Anyone else still watching this?
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

I still watched it and enjoyed the season finale more than some of the other season finales I've watched.

**Spoilers Incoming**

I was surprised Tommy died and couldn't help but feel he's not really dead and will be back somehow. Also, surprised they went ahead with the earthquake but it gives them lots of storylines for season 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's one thing I've learned from my years in business *last breath* Redundancy *second earthquake machine goes off*

FUCK yeah, man Captain Jack really made this show for me such an awesome badguy, I hope whoever they bring in for season 2 is REALLY good, or he's going to seem godawful in comparison.

Overall I loved this season and can't wait for season 2... any news on that btw

I've watched this on and off, mostly for Katie. I knew her back in the day, she's grown to be quite gorgeous from her awkward teen self. Decent show, just not "must watch" as I would have liked it to be.