Thread: [TV] Arrow

Overall okay, but the reveal was meh. The manufactured drama has been old, so don't care. The preview wants to bill some fight between teams, meh some more.

The villain walking into the department must be some theme of the Arrowverse this year, still stupid. "The new police chief is on my payroll", so how does she feel about you helping to destroy the city? Meh, whatever.

I guess that was supposed to be the Flash, but stupid.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I always thought the best parts of the episodes were the flashbacks where we learned about what happened before he came back to Star City. Ever since they quit doing that I haven't enjoyed the show as much, except when Slade shows up.

I haven't really gotten any attachment to any of the new characters. Mr. Terrific is just terrible. I think I'd rather see him next to Felicity and working with her than see him on the field in a super hero costume throwing his balls around. Wild Dog isn't very interesting or entertaining to watch, and the new Black Canary kinda bugs me too.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I always thought the best parts of the episodes were the flashbacks where we learned about what happened before he came back to Star City. Ever since they quit doing that I haven't enjoyed the show as much, except when Slade shows up.
    Me too, I always did get a kick out of seeing how Ollie made his way back to Central City. But you will never see the flashbacks anymore because the flashbacks have finally caught up to the present(well season 1).
    What makes the flashbacks so good, was that there was a connection between actors and their characters. Their attitudes personalities and screentime kept you hooked. You wanted to see all that Ollie wqent through with all the people he met to get back to Central City.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I haven't really gotten any attachment to any of the new characters. Mr. Terrific is just terrible. I think I'd rather see him next to Felicity and working with her than see him on the field in a super hero costume throwing his balls around. Wild Dog isn't very interesting or entertaining to watch, and the new Black Canary kinda bugs me too.
    These characters are not really sticking to me either, and I just cant shake the feeling of SJW PC gotta include all LGBTQ and Minorities. EVEN though these characters are already established in the Comics, they just dont fit into the episode all that well. Maybe it is just the material the actors have to work with or perhaps they just cannot commit to the part or they just cannot connect to the characters they play.

I personally like Wilddog and Black Canary, they have the personalities and mood right, but they just dont seem to fit. Terrific........ yeah, he needs to just get back into Geek mode and stay with Felicity like you said. I dont know the comic character at all but it just does not fit here. Wilddog and Canary do but not Terrific.

For me I find their personalities and hardships match Ollie more and connect more to him than Terrific.

I've never liked Wilddog, he always felt like random guy off the street. Terrific would be fine as a tech type, but him wandering into melee and holding his own with actual professionals? He should be waiting in the van while t-sphere's go out and do stuff. I was fine with Black Canary until the whole Vigilante stuff. I liked Ragman, but guess he didn't want to stick around.

It's a problem with the superhero setting, you have these allies that are somehow the equal of League Assassins after they take a weekend training class, and Arrow having these fights with mooks that should present no challenge, but need to pad the fight.

And of course, guns in the land of arrows. Diggle's contribution was never about running into a fight with guns, but now that he is, it seems dumb to want to be Green Arrow. Why doesn't he use his rifle? Wilddog likewise runs in guns blazing and all out of proportion with his actual skill level, against professional soldiers/ criminals/ police.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I've never liked Wilddog, he always felt like random guy off the street.
    That is because he was a random guy off the streets lol. He was doing his own thing in the absence of Arrow, Arrow then recruited him to keep him under control.

Terrific would be fine as a tech type, but him wandering into melee and holding his own with actual professionals? He should be waiting in the van while t-sphere's go out and do stuff.
    Or even the Bunker. His spheres can do everything without him actually needing to be there. He is Tech and should just stay tech.

I was fine with Black Canary until the whole Vigilante stuff.
    I kinda liked it to a degree. It gave her a substance to her character outside of being a replacement to Laurel.

It's a problem with the superhero setting, you have these allies that are somehow the equal of League Assassins after they take a weekend training class, and Arrow having these fights with mooks that should present no challenge, but need to pad the fight.
    Agreed here. But if you watch them closely, they are no where near on par with Arrow or Spartan. Hell even Spartan has trouble holding his own. Wilddog spends time backing up Terrific and vice versa.
    Arrow.......... he throws these guys around like rag dolls LITERALLY lol. Very few except the big bads who trained can keep up with him.

And of course, guns in the land of arrows.
    This is a problem EVERYWHERE.... People 20 feet away with a gun decide "hey lets go take on the guy who whipped 5 of my buddies .... I can take him no sweat......."

This has been plot armor since the dawn of the kick ass superhero shows.

Diggle's contribution was never about running into a fight with guns, but now that he is, it seems dumb to want to be Green Arrow. Why doesn't he use his rifle?
    He always used a gun, didnt fire it often but that was always his choice of weapon. I would like to see him go back to the Crossbow than a rifle lol.

Wilddog likewise runs in guns blazing and all out of proportion with his actual skill level, against professional soldiers/ criminals/ police.
    which is why he always ends up in a bad situation where Terrific or Canary bail him out. He is the hot head of the group and it sure does show.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    That is because he was a random guy off the streets lol. He was doing his own thing in the absence of Arrow, Arrow then recruited him to keep him under control.
    Right, I just think that's stupid.

Agreed here. But if you watch them closely, they are no where near on par with Arrow or Spartan. Hell even Spartan has trouble holding his own. Wilddog spends time backing up Terrific and vice versa.
    Arrow.......... he throws these guys around like rag dolls LITERALLY lol. Very few except the big bads who trained can keep up with him.
    It's all plot dependent, which gets old. None of the add-ons have a feeling of real skill, just "we're as tough as the plot needs us to be right now".

He always used a gun, didnt fire it often but that was always his choice of weapon. I would like to see him go back to the Crossbow than a rifle lol.
    He always had a gun when he got involved in combat, but he rarely ever got into combat. There was a couple times he grabbed a rifle and did overwatch, which would still give him a useful role without being in the melee, no need for a stupid helmet and more focus on the actual hero.
    which is why he always ends up in a bad situation where Terrific or Canary bail him out. He is the hot head of the group and it sure does show.
    Yeah, I just find that role stupid. You don't need a hothead with guns to get the team in trouble, he doesn't add anything that couldn't be better served by any other random non-hothead with a gun. They didn't know him before hand, he had nothing unique to him, so bleh. The recent drama of the two teams split is a perfect example of how detrimental he is. "Guys, try to keep an eye on her" "we'll see"... what the hell does that mean? You're just a dick to be a dick!

I actually forgot about Ragman. I really liked him too.

We all knew dragon was the real bad. Surprised it took them this long to switch it over.

I hope after this season Oliver reforms his team. Wild dog should get a off into the sunset with his daughter ending, I think siren should join the team, terrific needs to either retire or get a new costume. And Roy needs to. Come back, I think diggle should die, I like him but there's not much more his story can go.

Ollie
    Roy
    Siren
    Huntress
    Vs merlyn for next season would be good. I have a feeling flash and arrow are both going to their archs for next season. Reverse flash and merlyn
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Roy was good at the end, but had a real rough start. Merlyn I'm so tired of, I'm glad he "died". If they bring him back as an alternate version it'd be nice, but as Earth1 Merlyn, blech. The guy just got away with too much stupid shit and no punishment. I do love the actor, but they didn't balance the role in the same way they did with Slade, IMO.

Artemis was fun, but then the "turn" last season was just so stupid it ruined that whole thing. She's also "dead" now, so meh.

I like Arrow having a SUPPORT team, but not a large field team. As mentioned, Felicity's their decker, Terrific's the rigger, Diggle's the overwatch/sniper support.

When Arrow drops through the skylight and starts kicking ass, he should have one sidekick at most. I'd prefer Speedy, but Roy had a good fit too. Hell, dress William up as a technicolor target and I'd probably be more comfortable than just having this silly drama-piece.

Just more of the same, "you saw what Ollie did to him" when he was trying to cave in Ollie's skull... whatever. Let the also-rans just leave the damn city or whatever. Not that I give a damn about the big-bad either, and the Laurel stuff has been stretched out for too long to retain interest. Maybe the creative team is just spread too thin with all the other shows.

that episode was fucking awful. im so over this two team bullshit and this laurel flip flop shit.

after cayden james died the two team shit shouldve been forced to be put to the side as dragon just fucked shit up, he should be whoopin ass and causin chaos, he should be karate chopping all of team arrow.

instead we get this break up bullshit. theyre like a bunch of douchebags who used to fuck and now theyre trying to make eachother jealous. its like ollicity but in group form.

if the second half continues like this were gonna end up with another season 4.

best to worst
    legends
    black lightning
    flash
    arrow
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Have to agree, the two team drama has been pretty damn terrible. Sadly, it's making question whether I'll keep watching or not; can't imagine what the ratings have been like.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    Have to agree, the two team drama has been pretty damn terrible. Sadly, it's making question whether I'll keep watching or not; can't imagine what the ratings have been like.
    ratings are fine for the cw, all of the arrowverse stuff is still there top shows

I actually like the core team now, Ollicity is not so grating, Diggle is doing fine. The season though, has been horrible plotwise and villainwise.

If they don't improve by the end of the season I may just not bother next season. Especially Flash.

Kill everyone except for the main villain, god I hate that. Episode was mostly fine except for the Diaz stuff, still don't like the villain.

Roy Roy he's our boy!

Hope Roy just fucking stays next season. I know he's only in 3 I think this season

Seeing the previews for this episode and the fight, I actually dreaded it. Too much emo crap on the show this season.

The build up actually fit though, Ollie and Diggle actually pulled it off and it was sooooo much better than the stupid drama crap with faux-team.

You know....

I am getting tired of the repeat drama of Arrow creates team, Arrow causes rift in team, Team starts breaking away from Arrow, Arrow goes it alone and then in the Season final 2-3 episodes Team Arrow reunites to beat the bad guys and then get upset at Arrow and go off on their own again.........

This season just seems to be all about emo adults not being able to adult very well and play nice lol

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    You know....

I am getting tired of the repeat drama of Arrow creates team, Arrow causes rift in team, Team starts breaking away from Arrow, Arrow goes it alone and then in the Season final 2-3 episodes Team Arrow reunites to beat the bad guys and then get upset at Arrow and go off on their own again.........

This season just seems to be all about emo adults not being able to adult very well and play nice lol
    Yeah, like I said I was dreading this episode given the preview, but I think the two pulled it off well. Still isn't the super-hero show it should be, but not bad. Of course, next week it's Ollicity's turn to drama it up! I doubt there's any way that won't suck. Laurel needs to get less bleh also.

I'm tired of Green Arrow not sticking arrows in the big bads.

And lastly, Arrowverse continues to lack understanding on basic systems. Government corruption? Okay, bring in the feds/ state LEO's.

As you say, I assume the finale will bring folks togethor with some odd cliffhanger and I'm not sure I'll bother with next season.

In order for this show to dig itself out of the pit it's dug I feel like it needs to do 3 things

1. Cast cleanup. There's too many plotlines going on at once and because of that the show as a whole is suffering. I love digs but kill him off. He's served his purpose and he's one of the few deaths that would have impact. Give wilddog the send off he deserves with his daughter. Mr terrific should break off the company with Felicity and go make his own company. One of the canaries should be put down. Ideally I'd like a tight focussed team. Oliver and if they can get him back Roy, if not the mantel should be passed down (hopefully not too his son but I kinda get the feeling with his heroics on the bus and his newfound appreciation for Ollie they might be)

Tldr go back to basic red and green or even solo

2. Greater focus on the villain. Pick one baddie and stick with it. Part of the reason this season suffered is they've played musical chairs with who the big bad is. First it's Laurel, then it's cyber dad, then it's dragon. They could make this easier by making merlyn the big bad again

3. More heroics. Flash saves the day, legends save the day (after they make things worse) Supergirl saves the day.

What has Oliver and co done this season? They've spent more time fighting each other, running from the police and letting the bad guys get away then saving people. The series needs some levity. Needs a fist pump moment. Hopefully they comment about Ollie being the best version of himself when he puts on the suit is a hint of that.