Poll: What's the first thing you did in MoP?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What's the first thing you did in MoP?

So I'm wondering: what is the first thing you did when you logged into Mists of Pandaria? And why?

Reason for this poll is that I'm curious whether people wanted to experience Pandaria from a level 1 Pandaren first, or from their lvl 85 main first. I expect most people will have levelled their main to 90 first, but I can also see a point in first following the Pandaren starting story before going into the mists of Pandaria.

Thanks!

EDIT: I'm also quite interested in how people chose to level, through quests or otherwise.
    Last edited by Oneru; 2012-10-12 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Poll is up
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled my 85 Rogue, as my signature might make obvious.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

I’ve yet to be able to sink my teeth into MOP since I am deployed. My mind has been made up that I will make a new toon who is a Panda. As far as which class… I’m not sure yet; leaning towards maybe Shaman or Monk.

Deleted
    None of the above, I got disconnected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see, I started 2 pandaren monks, a pandaren rogue and priest, as well as let my A.D.D. take over on my now lvl 88 main(questing, dungeons, farming, battle pets, mining, skinning, etc.) oh and froze xp on my 85 DK to farm JP for heirlooms in addition to lvling his alchemy. I would be further along, but I don't play that much, maybe 3-4 hours a day. Having a blast though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Made a gnome monk and insta granted it to 81, then proceeding to hit level 90 without sleep via quests.

Sig by the amazing Shyama! <Ascension 16/16 H 25man oceanic>

I made the insane cash I always do when an expansion hits. Made over 50K the first days on herbs, ore (went for about 1400 per 20 Ghost Iron Ore) and glyphs for 900g a piece

Then I leveled my main to 90

Deleted
    I DC-ed 20 times, then decided to call it quits.
    The next day when i logged in i waited 2h for server que.

Deleted
    I logged on to my 85s, had a hard time choosing what to level.. So ended up leveling my Shaman for some weird reason!

Deleted
    Cancelled my subscription, because of money problems

Logged onto my mage and proceeded to play for hours with no sleep and ignore anything that wasn't WoW until I got realm first 90

I actually started to level my main to 90, but everything was so incredibly laggy and unsteady, that I decided to give it a few hours to settle down. After getting stuck in a gyrocopter for a bit, I went and leveled a Panda Monk through the starter zone, and then started leveling my main.

I levelled my Hunter main to 86, nearly completed Jade Forest, then was an idiot and jumped down from that giant hill at the sha of anger part. Couldn't get back up, so made a ticket. While waiting for the ticket I figured I'd level my Monk a bit...

I then power levelled from 1 to 90 in about 3-4 days of /played time. >>; Monks are too much fun!

My Hunter has now finished Jade Forest and made her way to Halfhill, for farming goodness.

First thing i did.. levelled a couple professions so my guild could get the BoA legs
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Never ask for logic in a game that mails you dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stared at the log in screen whilst thinking "Do I really want to do this again"

I didn't play it really for 3 or 4 days just to work up the passion to still play.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it depends on where you consider it to have started...

If you consider MoP to have started the moment it all went live, then the first thing I did was pet battles.

If you consider MoP to have started from the moment I installed the ACTUAL game on my computer then the first thing I did was create and start leveling my Pandaren Monk, who is the only character I've played since then .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    After a god-awful first hour of trying to get the quests right through the Interact With Target keybind (quest pointed to the wrong person!!) I finally got to Pandaria only to encounter 5 second lag between my actions and the screen, so I did a dungeon and went to bed

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been able to get the expansion yet...hoping to get it by the end of the month, and am still considering what the "first thing" I do will be.

My main before the expansion was a healing priest and I've read lots of information saying they're fairly awful at the moment, but I also had a max level healer of every other class...paladin, druid, shaman...plus a max level mage and 81 hunter. After further consideration though the first thing I'll probably do is level a monk from 1-90 as my new main and wait to level my 85s until later on. After playing a few other games I have the feeling that's the playstyle I'm going to want and I'm glad they've added it. If I'm wrong and I end up not liking it while leveling I'll level the paladin as a main instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled to 90 in 26 hours

i had to take a nap at 24 because I was so tired i couldn't be arsed to find my quest breadcrumbs, i felt like i was dying irl afterwards and went back to sleep. Then I did some farmville and made bank on cooking mats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hit questing on my main like most other people.