Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you think the waiting time for GMs is fair?

Hey,

on Monday I bought a Jade Panther for 30k on the Auction House. I accidently vendored it along with a lot of other items. I couldn't get it back anymore, so naturally I made a ticket. I had to wait 5 days however to get a reply.

This morning, a GM told me that he can only refund the item within 3 days of it being sold. This means that, due to the fact I had to wait 5 days just for a reply, I can't get a refund for this anymore.

I'm not mad or anything, cause it was my own fault for doing something like that. I also realise that the wait time is high because dumb people like me have to make tickets, but...

Is it fair that I couldn't get a refund for this mount? It costed me 30k, but I got 2g 50s back from a vendor. (yay ;p).

What do you guys think of the 5-days waiting time for tickets?

15+ Year Old Account
    If everyone thinks that 5 days is too much, then what shall happen?

The 3 day reimbursement limit is certainly strange. If the item was at least rare or epic, they have much older logs for these I think (due to account thefts and such).

Deleted
    Didn't the self-use restoration tool help any?

the wait time is fairly long due to a lot of players and not enough Gm's and it doesnt help with all the ppl you see on wowbash.org that send gm tickets with random bullshit. Not even asking for help. More like asking for a joke.

Blizz should deffo hire more Gm's

for your case. however i must also agree with you. That it was rather dumb thing to do
    You should seriously complain again. do another ticket and say the fact. You made the ticket the same moment it happened. You cant be held responsible for the wait time. I would never accept it and fight it with nails and teeth

if you waited 5 days. yes. your fault. The fact that it took 5 days. Nothing you could have done anything with

so far i know on your battle.net account you can get lost items back once every month.
    and no it's not fair make another ticket some gm's are useless.
    i had once a gm that restored few lost items and another time when i made a gm'ticket,the gm just said they can't restore items even after i told him a gm did it before for me,than he said something in the line of we gm's can't do that stuff he kinda trying to say to me that i'm the lying...

Deleted
    rewrite the ticket. That GM was dumb and it was their fault. You will get it back.

Item restoration is self service check it out on the website.

Usually yes. Things are prioritized. I've had a ticket answered within 2 minutes of submitting one, and sometimes a few days. I've never heard of 5 days for a lost item, I usually get an answer within 6-8 hours for a lost item before Blizzard gave us the item restore feature.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Of course it is not fair but I can totally understand the waiting times with a new addon due to lazy players abusing the support by spamming the support with questions on how to spec, where to level, how this and that achievement works, where the rare spawns are, what quests they are missing instead of playing on their own. They take the support for granted and think it is some kind of free game guide. The support is not there to play the game for you! You have to learn the stuff and experience the game on your own. That's your job as a player. The support is there to help with real problems that are game breaking. If you are too lazy to play the game on your own my personal oppinion would be that they should autoabandon any ticket without a "real" problem.

TL;DR

Ticketwaittimes are high because of lazy players spamming support with "non issues"

is it me or?? but when i buy someting off the ah. aka gear or mount or glyph. i want to learn/use/wear/ride it the moment i get it out of the mail.
    why put it in your inv leave it there go to a vendor and sell half your inv inc your new mount. log off and then find out ooh shit a had a mount i wanted to learn.

No offense but ticket times is long because of ppl not using the item restoration tool they made on battle.net.
    If you have tried it then I appologise for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    the wait time is fairly long due to a lot of players and not enough Gm's and it doesnt help with all the ppl you see on wowbash.org that send gm tickets with random bullshit. Not even asking for help. More like asking for a joke.

Blizz should deffo hire more Gm's

for your case. however i must also agree with you. That it was rather dumb thing to do
    You should seriously complain again. do another ticket and say the fact. You made the ticket the same moment it happened. You cant be held responsible for the wait time. I would never accept it and fight it with nails and teeth

if you waited 5 days. yes. your fault. The fact that it took 5 days. Nothing you could have done anything with
    You can make the waiting times on tickets longer to let a GM repeat the exact same thing, that he simply can't reimburse your item after 3 days. Or do you think he is lying? Even if he is then why would he suddenly give you the item after the next ticket you make?

They are not going to hire more GM's because they have a short period, after an expansion launch, when it's very busy while the rest of the year waiting times are much shorter. When my account was hacked I made a ticket (could still login but lost everything) and the same day (within hours) it was fixed.

EDIT: to answer the thread title. Yes completely fair. I have never seen such good service in a videogame before. Someone comes to chat with you personally. Some people don't even appreciate that.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2012-10-12 at 12:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omgmewmewcat View Post
    I also realise that the wait time is high because dumb people like me have to make tickets
    Just by reading the thread title, before reading the post you made, and without wanting to insult you... This is exactly what I thought was causing the current wait times. So many stupid people make so many stupid tickets. Most of them could probably have been avoided if the players started using their brains more often.

It's an annoying loss, no doubt about it. And I'd be pissed off if I made that mistake (yes, it's only a game, but still), because I don't usually make stupid mistakes. It happens, but not a lot. I just don't make tickets when it happens, so I don't add to the wait time. And as a few others have pointed out, you can restore items from your account management page now. Go do it, if possible. If not, buy another panther for 30k AND LEARN IT INSTANTLY! ;-)

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 02:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    When my account was hacked I made a ticket (could still login but lost everything) and the same day (within hours) it was fixed.
    That situation has a higher priority than "I accidently sold an item".

You should've used the online item restoration service. It's a shame that the wait time is so long, but they're doing the best they can with the resources they have.

But yes, the item restoration service was implemented for exactly your type of situation. You didn't use it, through forgetfulness, ignorance, or stubbornness. It's a shame, but Blizzard's policies are pretty clear on this matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    While you should have used the item restoration service, I would just write another ticket, or maybe call them.

There is no such '3 day rule' on item restoration. This is a GM just being lazy. I have gotten items restored that I deleted months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Just by reading the thread title, before reading the post you made, and without wanting to insult you... This is exactly what I thought was causing the current wait times. So many stupid people make so many stupid tickets. Most of them could probably have been avoided if the players started using their brains more often.

It's an annoying loss, no doubt about it. And I'd be pissed off if I made that mistake (yes, it's only a game, but still), because I don't usually make stupid mistakes. It happens, but not a lot. I just don't make tickets when it happens, so I don't add to the wait time. And as a few others have pointed out, you can restore items from your account management page now. Go do it, if possible. If not, buy another panther for 30k AND LEARN IT INSTANTLY! ;-)

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 02:22 PM ----------

That situation has a higher priority than "I accidently sold an item".
    Ignorance is not stupidity. If someone does not know there is an item restore feature, how in the fuck would they find out?

Do you think they would google search for the possibility that maybe for some reason Blizzard made an item restore feature? Do you often make google searches for random features you think Blizzard might have created without you knowing about it? Until recently, you had to contact a GM for this. Calling him stupid is the only thing stupid about this.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    rewrite the ticket. That GM was dumb and it was their fault. You will get it back.
    The GM wasn't "Dumb" and it wasn't their fault, it was his own fault for vendoring the item, The reason he had to wait so long was just because there is a ton of tickets right now

OT you should have used the Self Restoration toon

Deleted
    Yep, write another ticket, at a point in wotlk, i had to write 5 tickets to Gm's untill they did what i wanted,

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Ignorance is not stupidity. If someone does not know there is an item restore feature, how in the fuck would they find out?

Do you think they would google search for the possibility that maybe for some reason Blizzard made an item restore feature? Do you often make google searches for random features you think Blizzard might have created without you knowing about it? Until recently, you had to contact a GM for this. Calling him stupid is the only thing stupid about this.
    Actualy, the guy you quoted is right, he should never have made the ticket,and yes, he SHOULD have known, because if you click "open a ticket" the top option on that list is..."ITEM RESTORATION"

Don't have a go at other people when you have no idea wtf you're going on about

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    While you should have used the item restoration service, I would just write another ticket, or maybe call them.

There is no such '3 day rule' on item restoration. This is a GM just being lazy. I have gotten items restored that I deleted months ago.
    Was that before or after the online item restoration service went live? If before, then yeah, as the GM ticket was the only way to get back items. If after, then policies change.