Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now that he does know about the restoration service, wouldn't it still be the best option to take? I'm not sure of the exact specifications, but the last time I had to use the restore service, it showed items gear I vendored way longer than 5 days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Ignorance is not stupidity. If someone does not know there is an item restore feature, how in the fuck would they find out?
    As Gobra pointed out, first option when you try to open a ticket ingame is Item Restoration. Which opens a browser window. With the item restore function.

Calling him stupid is the only thing stupid about this.
    Actually, if you read my post again, or maybe even a few more times, if you need it to really sink in, I'm not at all calling him stupid. I'm saying "So many stupid people make so many stupid tickets. Most of them could probably have been avoided if the players started using their brains more often." None of which is a personal insult or even directed at any one person at all. The part of my post that IS directed at one person, is about ME and MY stupid mistakes. And me telling him to go buy another panther and learn it instantly.

Reading is good.

Quote Originally Posted by omgmewmewcat View Post
    Hey,

on Monday I bought a Jade Panther for 30k on the Auction House. I accidently vendored it along with a lot of other items. I couldn't get it back anymore, so naturally I made a ticket. I had to wait 5 days however to get a reply.

This morning, a GM told me that he can only refund the item within 3 days of it being sold. This means that, due to the fact I had to wait 5 days just for a reply, I can't get a refund for this anymore.

I'm not mad or anything, cause it was my own fault for doing something like that. I also realise that the wait time is high because dumb people like me have to make tickets, but...

Is it fair that I couldn't get a refund for this mount? It costed me 30k, but I got 2g 50s back from a vendor. (yay ;p).

What do you guys think of the 5-days waiting time for tickets?
    There is a self-restoration tool for deleted items on the website.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

It's a long wait time because people keep sending tickets in for item recovery when they could just use the website.

When you accidentally vendor something, can't you just go to the next tab on the vendor for your buyback?

EDIT - To directly answer the OP's question - No. You issued the ticket within the alotted time, so you should not be penalized for the GM response time. You should have discussed this more with the GM when you were talking to him.

As for the long time until GM response - meh. It takes as long as it takes. Always longer at the beginning of an expansion. You just should not be penalized for their response time.
    Last edited by yjmark; 2012-10-12 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    The GM wasn't "Dumb" and it wasn't their fault, it was his own fault for vendoring the item, The reason he had to wait so long was just because there is a ton of tickets right now

OT you should have used the Self Restoration toon
    So basically nobody should open a ticket to GMs because whatever happened was his or her own fault?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to divorce my reply from any arguments about what tools you should or shouldn't have used. I don't care about that in terms of whether or not you did the "right" thing according to some other people. My problem with support times is more fundamental: Blizzard can afford to scale up their support. They're not some mickey-mouse operation barely breaking-even...

Some blue was on record chastising someone on the official forums (wish I could find the post) where they basically said that no, our $15 a month doesn't fund content patches, raids or dungeons so the OP in that case shouldn't complain about "paying for content". Apparently it's supposed to pay for support.

Based on that and that alone: Fuck no a five-day wait isn't fair. Not if you're apparently paying $15 a month for support.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
    So basically nobody should open a ticket to GMs because whatever happened was his or her own fault?
    Your reading comprehension, Or lack of, amazes me!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    While you should have used the item restoration service, I would just write another ticket, or maybe call them.

There is no such '3 day rule' on item restoration. This is a GM just being lazy. I have gotten items restored that I deleted months ago.
    Surprisingly an item is not an item is not an item. They can restore quest rewards literally after years as the information about finishing a quest never gets deleted. They cannot restore random drops after a certain period. Same applies I assume for AH purchases.

I might just have been the case the GM had a clue and you don't.

edit: And on topic. The GM wait times are a complete joke. Their only saving grace is the competition being equally slow or even worse.
    Last edited by mmocabce60bc47; 2012-10-12 at 02:43 PM.

I think he should have realized that you had to wait more than the time allotted to get it back. I probably would have called blizzasrd and complained though. they want nothing more than to please their customers

10+ Year Old Account
    Ignorance is not stupidity. If someone does not know there is an item restore feature, how in the fuck would they find out?

Do you think they would google search for the possibility that maybe for some reason Blizzard made an item restore feature? Do you often make google searches for random features you think Blizzard might have created without you knowing about it? Until recently, you had to contact a GM for this. Calling him stupid is the only thing stupid about this.
    I won't call anyone stupid in this case. However, if one knows and cares enough to make their way to MMO-C to complain about something like this, or knows how to create GM tickets, this is exactly the sort of customer/player that should take a few minutes to log into battle.net and spend 15 minutes at some point checking out the services offered. That said, I don't think the Blizzard says enough about checking out what they do offer and how to access those services.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Does the item restoration tool work differently in USA than in Europe? Maybe in USA it's automatic, but in Europe it's not.

I disenchanted, by mistake, an item and used the tool and I still had to wait for it to be manually approved, which took almost three days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    Does the item restoration tool work differently in USA than in Europe? Maybe in USA it's automatic, but in Europe it's not.

I disenchanted, by mistake, an item and used the tool and I still had to wait for it to be manually approved, which took almost three days.
    Disenchant is different then sold to vendor because, when you sell it to the vendor, you only get gold which they then take back into the system by COD mailing the item to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post

I sold something a few days ago, the restore option send an ingame email a minute or so later.

Restoring a disenchanted item is probably a bit more complicated in some way. As Matchu pointed out. What if you used the mats from the disenchanted item, how would they reimburse the cost from that.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

Deleted
    People wait stupid times for a GMs attention because people do stupid crap like vendoring their new mounts. I have had to wait days for real serious issues (game breaking bugs) because people waste GMs time with daft tickets.

Doesn't the item restoration service go back more than 5 days? If so, wouldn't it still show up there?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorac View Post
    I sold something a few days ago, the restore option send an ingame email a minute or so later.

Restoring a disenchanted item is probably a bit more complicated in some way. As Matchu pointed out. What if you used the mats from the disenchanted item, how would they reimburse the cost from that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Disenchant is different then sold to vendor because, when you sell it to the vendor, you only get gold which they then take back into the system by COD mailing the item to you.
    That would explain it. The system warned me that the disenchanting material would be taken out, so I would have to not use it.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    rewrite the ticket. That GM was dumb and it was their fault. You will get it back.
    This.

A similar thing happened to me with a weapon from DS last year. I accidentally vendored my primary weapon (after getting done tanking a dungeon so that's why my primary dps weapon was in the bag). I had to wait a week, got told "can't after 3 days." I was a tad more hostile in my next ticket telling off the first dumbass GM. With-in 6 hours of writing the second ticket, I got my weapon back.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

5 days is acceptable, since it's the start of the expac.

However, he should get his item back. The game shouldn't even allow you to vendor stuff like that.