Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Selling Alani Mount??? Possible??

Anyone know if it is possible to sell the Alani mount, via getting the 10 skyshards, inviting buyer into group, killing him, and then having him loot it, whether btw rolling need or master looting.

Deleted
    Have you given this question much thought? Because the answer is pretty obvious.

Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been lucky enough to try it, but I don't think she/he is tagged to you by using the crystal. I've heard of people being ganked on PvP servers in order to steal the mount after they bring her/him down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I haven't been lucky enough to try it, but I don't think she/he is tagged to you by using the crystal.
    That got fixed a while ago. You can only tag it the normal way now, by actually hitting it. The crystal merely removes some health and ofc the shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    That got fixed a while ago. You can only tag it the normal way now, by actually hitting it. The crystal merely removes some health and ofc the shield.
    That person said "I don't think it's tagged by using the crystal"
    What got fixed? You're saying the same thing they're saying. LOL.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    What got fixed? You're saying the same thing they're saying. LOL.
    It used to be that the crystal tagged the mob and some people think it still does. That got fixed. I was confirming Darsithis' suspicion.

Skip ahead to near the end you can see that using the crystal no longer tags the mob, doesn't make much sense for it not to, but that's blizzard logic. It's pretty silly that someone would use the crystal while people are flying around the thing clearly waiting to try and tag it though...I would've waited somewhere it passes close by and made sure no one was around.

Also, yes you can sell it, it is lootable by anyone with the tag and is able to be rolled on as well.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2012-10-12 at 02:21 PM.

you can ml it like any other epic

Just be very quiet with it, wait until the middle of the night or something, and use the crystal when alani is somewhere in a very unpopulated area of the vale, like the lake in the northwestern corner. That's just my 2c.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    Just be very quiet with it, wait until the middle of the night or something, and use the crystal when alani is somewhere in a very unpopulated area of the vale, like the lake in the northwestern corner. That's just my 2c.
    This. I know it also flies very close to the Horde city in Vale, not sure about the Alliance one, so you could tag it near there since I doubt any opposing faction members will happen by.

I'd suggest bringing a friend or two as well just for extra security. I know I will once I get 9 more shards. =/
    Last edited by EastcoastSB; 2012-10-12 at 10:57 PM.

Also note the fact that using the mount requires you to be exalted with the August Celestials.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    That is horrible... The crystals are rare enough, Alani should not be taggable at all... You loose the crystals, have to farm them again and then you can loose it again. I feel for that guy... That Paladin was a complete jerk (mind my manners) he was totally selfish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathina View Post
    That Paladin was a complete jerk (mind my manners) he was totally selfish.
    That's an understatement.

IMO, using the crystal should go back to tagging Alani for the player who used it. It's kinda ridiculous to be able to lose a rare spawn that requires such an effort to something like this. Yes, we can be extra careful and try to remove the shield in some isolated area, but accidents and oversights can still happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post

Skip ahead to near the end you can see that using the crystal no longer tags the mob, doesn't make much sense for it not to, but that's blizzard logic. It's pretty silly that someone would use the crystal while people are flying around the thing clearly waiting to try and tag it though...I would've waited somewhere it passes close by and made sure no one was around.

Also, yes you can sell it, it is lootable by anyone with the tag and is able to be rolled on as well.
    Shouldn't have spammed /1 that you were doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Also note the fact that using the mount requires you to be exalted with the August Celestials.
    Ouch, so not only do you need to farm for days/weeks to get the 10 crystals, you also have to get exalted with 2 factions just to ride the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    Ouch, so not only do you need to farm for days/weeks to get the 10 crystals, you also have to get exalted with 2 factions just to ride the thing.
    It's like this mount is rare and takes a very long time to obtain or something...

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Shouldn't have spammed /1 that you were doing it.
    Ahh, the "she was asking for it by wearing that skirt" reasoning.

It's stupid that the mount can be looted by someone other than the person with the shards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindark View Post
    Ahh, the "she was asking for it by wearing that skirt" reasoning.

It's stupid that the mount can be looted by someone other than the person with the shards.
    more like "shes announcing shes a prostitute, talks it up, takes the money, and then says she isnt" argument

not making a thing out of it, just stating that bragging before you even bring it down is really stupid
    I see Stupid people!

A more simple and hassle-free way to do this would be to have a friend make an alt on a REALLY LOW POP server, have him battle.net invite you, then tag it in a Vale that is mostly empty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I haven't been lucky enough to try it, but I don't think she/he is tagged to you by using the crystal. I've heard of people being ganked on PvP servers in order to steal the mount after they bring her/him down.
    From what I read when you use the shard it damages it and tags it to you.