Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    But it would make more sense for him to side with the blood elves, he hates his people except for Tyrande and maybe recently his brother.
    Which is the problem. If what the voice files say is correct then the Blood Elves are responsible for an attack on the Night Elves, and more specifically the Temple of the Moon - Tyrande.

Besides, he was supposed to have a redemption story iirc and his character has always been defined as doing something for Tyrande or his people, even when working with Kael those were still his motives.

New videos from WoWhead, this is the first one that is non-Alliance, but is obviously talking about Varian,

Last edited by Scummer; 2012-10-12 at 09:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theron's "old allies" speech might in reference to the draenei. What Velen and the draenei did for them was pretty monumental, after all.

The naga were allies of Rommath and co, not so much the blood elves at large.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Theron's "old allies" speech might in reference to the draenei. What Velen and the draenei did for them was pretty monumental, after all.

I would say the Naaru and the shattered sun offensive in particular.

And a bit off topic, but I told you Lor'themar could be great and you wanted him killed ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    The idea of the horde and the alliance having factions change sides sounds pretty unbelievable doesnt it...

But how this as an alternative. Blizzards been opening up the game and evening the sides so much lately that what i do see as a possible alternative for maybe the next Expansion would be to completely remove the barriers that define horde and alliance. Lets say the burning legion invades...both sides are going to have to work together to survive. I can totally see blizzard making it a selling point of the expansion that guilds can now have members from ANY faction, and the language barrier gets removed. The implementation of scenarios and the brawler arenas seem to be taking the pvp to more formalized settings. If both Wyrm and Garrosh are killed during this expansions storyline, then the 'alliance' and the 'horde' titles could simply vanish into losely tied factions with individual reasons to either hate or not hate the other side.

If it was a demon invasion, they might have bigger things to deal with then old hatreds, but the idea of unformalizing the war between horde and alliance and turn it into more of anyone against anyone could have some pretty interesting quest and lore repercussions.

As it is, if it was up to Garrosh, he probably would prefer the orcs stand mostly without the rest of the horde, same with the blood elves.

Honestly-as I've said a few times-once Garrosh is either dead or depowered, had the crap beaten out of him and exiled/jailed by Saurfang or something, I totally see the barrier going down.

Rift has recently done this. Now, Rift isn't a huge game or anything-it has it's stable, pretty healthy crowd(good enough to get an expansion and not go f2p like many others), but some months back, they had started up a sorta 'Mercenary' thing for battlegrounds, to help even the numbers. Essentially, it allowed people of the same faction to play together in battlegrounds, to make sure that both sides were fairly equal and to help queue times.

I've been unsubbed for a few months(plan on coming back next month), but then they just decided that the two sides said 'hey, we're weakening each other too much by fighting over stupid crap.'' Now, the 'truce' isn't 100% sunshine and lollipops-they have PvP server rules(I don't play on them so I don't know them offhand), and some members still squabble(to put it bluntly, their whole schtick was 'science vs. religion', and as we know it doesn't take too long for THAT to throw down. ;P) But yeah, they lifted the restrictions, and from what I'm told, the game is like 200% better for it. (I personally find factions to be outdated and feeling their age. I prefer either no-faction or 'make your own' faction, unless it's a game with a clearer vs. line like Warhammer, where you have 'Pretty good' vs. 'Obviously Batsh** Insane Evil''.)

All that said, the Horde at one point was evil. The Alliance was generally good with some baddies(Blackthorne, Garithos, etc.) Nowadays it's very gray. A lot of the war was caused by a bunch of misunderstanding(and, a hefty, hefty helping of bad writing to force it along.) Like-Bad Forsaken Faction does the Wrathgate. Dual-Sided Wrynn(at that point) wages war. Then he becomes cool at the end(with Saurfang and stuff), and it's okay. THEN Thrall, noble idiot that he is, puts Garrosh in charge-but it's...Okay still. Until the Twilights Hammer, being smart bastards, make it look like the Horde attacks at one point, so of course Wrynn wages war again(he's still Dual Angry Wrynn then), and Garrosh fights back, and so on.

Now there's instances of people who aren't bad(the Sunreavers) being made to look bad because of a couple of agents. Jaina, who was generally decent, now is becoming what she didn't like(along with Sylvanas) in becoming far too fast on the draw(potentially, need to see it play out) before finding out all the info.

Really, though, without Garrosh, there is literally no more point to the war. The Horde will be turning against Garrosh soon enough, and both sides, as actually was mentioned at Blizzcon, help to bring down a tyrant. I can easily see then a mixed-faction thing when all the green fire starts hitting Azeroth when the legion decides to drop in. I mean, their writing when dealing with the factions tends to be poor on average, sometimes god-awful with some glints of decent(usually dealing with guys like Vol'jin, and actually Lor'themar here is impressing me), but I don't even think they can figure out a way to keep the war dragging on after this. Able to cross-faction play makes perfect sense. (I like to joke 'Just one more war expac we have to stretch out, since we don't have the cross-faction technology working yet.' :P)
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post

Dont think so on this one, more so due to the hostility between the scryers and the aldor. There is a fair bit of bad blood between the two races from that I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Dont think so on this one, more so due to the hostility between the scryers and the aldor. There is a fair bit of bad blood between the two races from that I think.
    They fought and died together to fight back the legion on Quel'danas, not to mention the blood elves allied with former enemies before, otherwise they would have never joined the Horde and if the Naaru say we will help, the draenei might grumble a bit but they will help, because the Naaru want them to.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I could see the crossfaction play. Not so much due to the war comeing to an end but due to the pandaren. I think there will be something in later patches that may feature ji and aysa trying to bridge the gap between the pandaren on oppsite sides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post

New videos from WoWhead, this is the first one that is non-Alliance, but is obviously talking about Varian,
    Its the red crane, but if its non alliance only, why would be be in regard to varian if horde could see it?
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    And a bit off topic, but I told you Lor'themar could be great and you wanted him killed ;P
    I almost feel guilty. :x

Seriously though, this is the first time in about half a decade I've been pleased to have him at the helm.

The SSO was quite a cordial coalition of the two though, and most of their hostility was courtesy of the Scryers having been Kael'thas's goons. Seeing as that blood elf/draenei alliance managed to kick even Kil'jaeden's ass, well...

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    It's about time he won a god-damned duel
    DUEL? you call killing a young boy with hands of a half ogre thing A DUEL? garrosh cant even win a street fight lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see the crossfaction play. Not so much due to the war comeing to an end but due to the pandaren. I think there will be something in later patches that may feature ji and aysa trying to bridge the gap between the pandaren on oppsite sides.
    there won't be any cross faction play. trust me.
    The game itself is now shaped around the conflict made in cataclysm and mists. Even with Garrosh gone, the world has been changed to show that conflict between both sides, many quests and hubs themed around this.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Its the red crane, but if its non alliance only, why would be be in regard to varian if horde could see it?
    I mean the red crane is a non-alliance/neutral npc .
    I just bought that up because it's interesting having one of the August Celestial engaged with somebody who isn't neutral, it makes Pandaria seem more involved.

Deleted
    I seriously doubt Anduin dies and that it is permanent. Metzen isn't George R.R. Martin to kill off important characters out of the blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    I seriously doubt Anduin dies and that it is permanent. Metzen isn't George R.R. Martin to kill off important characters out of the blue.
    Blizz is noe RR Martin but that doesn't mean they won't kill a character for the story. Look at Theramore, many died for the purpose of driving the story. If not for the Two Princes achievement I would probably think it was a legit death.

Question..

Who the hell are Avartu and Hilda?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Question..

sounds like Orcs.....
    or Mogu
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet you anduin turns into a narru and leads the army of light!
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Question..

Avartu's obviously a mogu guardian protecting the bell.

Hilda's obviously a member of the explorers league who came with the alliance to pandaria.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Avartu sounds like ghost mogu.

Hilda sounds like a dwarf-lady.