Dropping Herbalism but for what?

Hello,

I've decided to drop herbalism on my main character which is a shaman Healer, for something more productive in raiding, I am thinking BS for extra gem slots, JC for improved Gems. But I already have 2 blacksmiths and 2 JC's.

I was hoping someone may know something I don't. I'm thinking the only one that could go with Alchemy outside of herbalism is Enchanting. Once I level the lower level characters, I will drop all gathering professions with the Alts. I have loads and loads of low level mats, 2 bank characters worth, so it won't be an issue getting the mats, all the items crafted from professions have been de'd and I've kept all the mats I didn't use.

This is what I have so far.

Main
    Shammy Healer - Alchemy/Herbalism (Maxed)

Alts (85-90)
    Warrior BS/Miner (Maxed)
    Death Knight Chanting/JC (Maxed)
    Paladin BS/JC (525)
    Priest Inscription/Tailoring (Maxed)
    Druid Skinning/LW (525)

Level (80-84)
    Mage -none
    Rogue - none
    Warlock - none

Low Level's
    Hunter - Mining/Skinning
    Druid - Mining/Herbalism

EDIT* 2nd thoughts, I won't have a herber, so I would eithe rhave to postpone till I got one or do a massive amount of farming before I dropped it.
    Last edited by Drdraenei; 2012-10-16 at 02:53 PM. Reason: spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    I dropped herbalism due to it being pointless once you get your tillers farm. Since I tank, I went with mining for the stamina boost and have been making a few thousand gold a day from it without much effort.

For a healer, I would think that enchanting would be a good skill for the ring enchantments.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    heh herbalism is one of the most profitable professions at the moment, but only if you go and herb. The extra health and mana buff seems to be much upgraded. I'd wait and see what the feedback from raiding in a few weeks are and then change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    The extra health and mana buff seems to be much upgraded.
    The what? Do you mean the consumables you find? Cause you get those form your farm as well and frankly they are not as good as what alchemists can make.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

i would suggest another scribe, the daily cooldown is worth 3-5k gold depending on your server, plus a free shoulder enchant with the bonus already built into it.

you also go the tailoring/enchanting way all the enchants worth it all the roles in wow except maybe tanks.

or you could get alchemy for raiding bonuses, but i personally hate clicking that alch flask every time i respec/relog etc...

for your main pick the proffesions you will most likely will get the highest patterns for, weather its drops from raids or rep patterns, since grinding on alts is counter productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    the daily cooldown is worth 3-5k gold depending on your server,
    Scroll of Wisdom?

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Scroll of Wisdom?
    Using them to create Darkmoon cards. The price on them is about to tank, though. If you didn't make them last week, don't expect to make much off them now.

DMF is another month away before people can turn in their decks, demand is low and supply will continue to rise, eventually tanking the price. Six of tigers/serpents will still probably be worth a decent amount, though.

It's whatever you want. I like enchanting, because I can do extra quests for DE fodder as well as DE my gear as it's replaced.

I think I'll drop Herbalism for Enchanting, so that will give Enchanting and Alchemy on my main character. I'll just need to level Herbalism on an alt, but that shouldn't take long at all.